• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

No player would agree to be sold now when they can walk in 6 months
You agree the pre-contract deal with the player first and then have the potential to get their club to agree to an early move (which may or may not happen).... In the case of both players though I don't think the current club would allow them to go unless the transfer bid was very high.

I said he would be a good option for us a year ago before West Ham got him. Would provide good cover for Son and can also play more centrally if we want to go 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3. Sensible in that he would command no transfer fee, doesn't take up an overseas player spot, is proven in the PL and covers a position where we lack decent cover. In theory we could sell Bergwijn or Dele, cover the position in the squad and bring in some transfer funds that can be used elsewhere (i.e. for a striker, central mdifielder, central defender or a right wing back).

I actually quite like Lingard, even though most people seem to not rate him. I haven't seen him all that much though. Not sure he's what we need though, but surely coming with zero expectations, he won't be a disappointment however it goes.

You agree the pre-contract deal with the player first and then have the potential to get their club to agree to an early move (which may or may not happen).... In the case of both players though I don't think the current club would allow them to go unless the transfer bid was very high.

Milan are 1 point off the lead and haven't won a title since 2011. I don't think there's any price that would make them consider letting their captain and main CM go.

I actually quite like Lingard, even though most people seem to not rate him. I haven't seen him all that much though. Not sure he's what we need though, but surely coming with zero expectations, he won't be a disappointment however it goes.

p195774.png

În a perfect window:
Sell: Ndombele 30 mil, Doherty 10 mil
- GLC+20 mil for Griezmann(Simeone rumored to be interested în GLC, they have plenty of strikers)
- Tanganga+20 mil for Kessie and Romagnoli(rumored to be interested în Tanganga, both out of contract în 6 months)
- Money from Bergwijn = Adama.

Lloris
Romero Dier Romagnoli
Traore Skipp Kessie Reguilon
Griezmann Kane Son
Nobody is paying 30m for Ndombele. The best we can hope for is a loan where the new club pick up his wages.
I don't think Doherty will go for anything like 10m either. He is on a big wage at Spurs and that will make the package too large for any of the PL clubs that are likely to want him (and I can't see any overseas clubs wanting him).

Yes. The one who’s wife was better than Darren Bent :D

The comparison was not a slight chance on his results for us, just the type of transfer target he would usually like (Prem experienced, less likely to improve with age)
So targets that are actually likely to result in us having a greater chance of success you mean?!?

Milan are 1 point off the lead and haven't won a title since 2011. I don't think there's any price that would make them consider letting their captain and main CM go.
Pretty much everything has a price.... The problem is that the price a thing has is rarely a price that THFC are prepared to pay! :D

So targets that are actually likely to result in us having a greater chance of success you mean?!?
You know I used to think Prem proven was important but Doherty has proven me wrong in that regard!
Without going through Redknapp’s transfers, the point I was making (a little tongue in cheek) was that Lingard and Traore are players that don’t strike me as the type of strategic buys or opportunities I was expecting with an experienced European dof at the helm. Lingard hasn’t established himself at United and has similar attributes to a player we can’t seem to accommodate in our current formation, whilst also being 29 and likely to command higher wages than many if our current first team and Traore’s suitability has been debated by many regarding his suitability for us (perhaps as we are more exposed to his strengths and weaknesses then say someone like Gil)

Nobody is paying 30m for Ndombele. The best we can hope for is a loan where the new club pick up his wages.
I don't think Doherty will go for anything like 10m either. He is on a big wage at Spurs and that will make the package too large for any of the PL clubs that are likely to want him (and I can't see any overseas clubs wanting him).
Bayern offered 20mil+1 player last summer. 30 mil is not out of the question. 10 mil is nothing nowadays, the main issue is someone actually wanting him. Maybe în the swap with Traore.

No player would agree to be sold now when they can walk in 6 months
If we sold Ndombele we could use that wage room to overpay a bit for wages on these 2 guys. The 20 mil în Tanganga+20 mil, were not all neccessarily for AC Milan, but more signing bonuses.

Villa are after Bissouma this window . They are making moves . He’s a decent player would improve us . Their owners showing some intent .

2 quality ones would change everything. Imagine c.24yo Eriksen and Walker slotting into the side

I'd love a centre midfielder that has a bit of everything, but especially some silky press resistant passing skills.

Might be hard to find though

2 quality ones would change everything. Imagine c.24yo Eriksen and Walker slotting into the side

Agree with two in this window, and then we need a more in the summer. A number of those might not necessarily be starters, but the overall quality of the 22 is far too low

Having such a ragtag bunch playing in such a high quality stadium is almost embarrassing. If we had a crappy stadium it would fit better. But watching a poor team play in a palace is just weird

Back