• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Adebayor - showing us what we need, what we have missed, if Harry can get him in, it's a bonus, if not, we have the next months to be looking at a plaeyr to replace him in the summer, hopefully we go back for Remy in the summer.

Saha - just a loan, we still have Defoe and I'm sure we'll be bringing in a striker in the summer.

Friedel - still has that experience, definitely has 2 or 3 more seasons left in him in my honest opinion, can quite easily get in a younger goalkeeper in within those years, maybe even Adler on a free in the summer! If not, maybe Krul who we are linked with or Ter Stegen from Gladbach!

Cudicini and Gomes - Carlo has been a great servent, been great in some games and for a free, the best second goalkeeper in the league I'd say, just shows how much of a shrewd buyer Harry is, make some money on Gomes, why not!

Gallas - I think he'll go in the summer anyway, Caulker is back in the summer.

King - Definitely still has games left in him for a year or two, will last longer at the club than Gallas.

i really want to see caulker integrated into the team next season

Harry would never sell his golden boy to bring in an injured striker on loan. If Defoe goes, it's because we're on to something big regarding a striker. Sell Defoe, sign an unproven big name striker, if he starts slow, we have Saha (who is similar to Defoe), a proven premier league striker on loan in a short term deal

Isnt anyone else concerned about the amount of short-term problems which we're building up in key positions?:

Adebayor - loan
Saha (potentially) - loan
Freidel - 18 months left in him?
Cudicini - probably off the in summer or retiring soon
Gomes - wants out
Gallas - limited time left
King - limited time left

If we replace Pav with Saha on loan, we're leaving ourselves massive amounts of work to do at CB, GK and CF over the next 6-18 months...

Strikers: Ade is an option to buy and Saha is a six month stop gap assuming we can get money for Pav (personally, I like Saha as well, I think he'd have a good few goals in him for us). Summer will address long term.

Keepers: We're on borrowed time, but again, I expect to see our "Future No.1" arrive in the summer

CBs: We have four other first teamers without King and Gallas. Given the noise, we are very likely to sign a senior CB in the summer (to make up for one or both retiring) and Caulker will likely come into the fold. So we'll have 5 CBs again at the least.

Happy days, sausage. Don't worry about it.

Harry would never sell his golden boy to bring in an injured striker on loan. If Defoe goes, it's because we're on to something big regarding a striker

As long as we bring them in before we sell defoe... plus if we were onto something big why all this saha nonsense?

I wonder if we are holding out to see where land lies in summer? But if so that is massively risky. Either that or stadium is draining resources and will do so for some time. Parker and Friedel were majorly astute signings, so was Ade, but we still need additions. One key injury and we could face more problems than we realise. I did hear though that Caulker potentially called back? Probably a twitter rumour, no doubt he has done superbly well at Swans.

For 3 /4 months, Saha would be a decent signing, if he can stay fit.

We desperately need cover for Ade. We are ridiculously vulnerable to him suffering any kind of injury. JD cannot play effectively when up front on his own. And Pav is a complete passenger these days. I'd almost rather play with ten men on the pitch.

Saha is Premier League ready. He can play up front on his own, if necessary. And he will relish playing for a team like Spurs as opposed to the kind of football he has to play at Everton.

At the end of the season, job done, Saha can leave. No money wasted on panic buys. Powder dry for strengthening the team in the summer.

Am not Defoe's biggest fan but wouldnt want to sell him HOWEVER Liverpool have been throwing stupid money around and if Levy was able to con ?ú20m out of them for Defoe (who turns 30 in Oct) then that would surely be good business if we managed to use it well. I doubt however we would be able spend it sensibly this late in the window so would be tempted to say no

Middlesbrough have turned down a ?ú6 million bid from Bolton for Rhys Williams.

Wilfried Zaha has turned down a move to Bolton.

Not their best window ever, is it?

I'll be really annoyed if we don't get a winger with pace. Just look at the games we've played without Bale and Lennon - Sunderland, Watford.....we are awful without them and we need some cover as Kranjcar and Pienaar just don't provide the pace and width that they do.

Hoilett, Marin, whoever, I don't care. But if we don't and those two get injured then we're well and truly fudged.

Back