• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Rodallega? dear lord no.

But saha? Definately....only problem is that you can pretty much guarantee injuries.

qualities and skills set wise saha would be the ideal squad playing striker option. think we should move if the price isnt insane for an injury prone player

To be fair, I wouldn't say Yakubu is brick. Someone with one of the best goals to game ratio's in Premier League history can't be that brick. He has problems with his fitness and injuries nowadays but I'd definitely take him over Defoe and Pavlyuchenko that's for sure.

He's on a good run of form, granted but a consistent delivery is still very much in doubt. Not to mention his age.

We need to be looking for better than that personally. And if we only need him for the bench - guess what would happen to his current goal-scoring form and confidence after 2 months next to Pienaar and Krunchie.

how the fudge is someone getting barrios for 10 million euros and we're claiming we cant find back ups for Ade? not that he's a like for like but he can play with JD..

He's on a good run of form, granted but a consistent delivery is still very much in doubt. Not to mention his age.

We need to be looking for better than that personally. And if we only need him for the bench - guess what would happen to his current goal-scoring form and confidence after 2 months next to Pienaar and Krunchie.

Oh i agree that we should be looking for better and there are definitely much much better out there, Will we take that gamble though on making that big money signing up top, only for him to flop? We've all seen what Ade brings us to the team

I would have hoped Parkers impact would have shaken the transfer snobbery from this board.

You know, buying a player from a relegated/relegation fodder team.

It seems not.

Parker was bought as a starter because there was no competition for his place - We sold Palacios, Hudd is injured and Sandro is still being nurtured in

Buying a 34 year old clogger striker with a goal-scoring record worse than Pav's is different

Betting Update: Hugo Rodallega is 5/4 to move to Tottenham from Wigan this January with speculation suggesting he is set for a switch. He's 7/2 to join Fulham and 5/1 to move to QPR.

LOL

I would have hoped Parkers impact would have shaken the transfer snobbery from this board.

You know, buying a player from a relegated/relegation fodder team.

It seems not.

Parker has done well, however nothing more than Sandro would have done. Its good to have both in the squad though

Adebayor is the one who has made the biggest impact on our season. Not prolific in terms of goals, but he adds a lot to our attacking threat

Crikey, why on earth would we want Saha? Are we trying to signing as identical a player to Defoe as we can?!? Seriously, what would be the point?? We start with Adebayor and Rafa and then ahve Defoe and Saha on the bench....both are poacher type players who dont do much outside the box and arent particularly quick. Having one is fine, two would be ludicrous.

If we manage to off load Pav then we need a replacement who gives us some variety. Rodallega wouldnt be my first choice however he brings some pace (which neither Defoe nor Rafa have and Ade only partially has), he brings mobility and he enables us to play 4-3-3 if we want. As such, if the price is right then I would be fine with that as it gives us something different if we need to change the way things are going up front. Whilst we have a good squad, we really lack anyone on the bench who can change the way things are going in terms of style of play etc.

What about buying in short term cover with experience to suit a specific requirement?

That wouldn't be any of the names mentioned in the last few pages

Rather keep Pav then - he can still finish a decent shot and knows the team - i.e. much better option for the next 6 months than Saha, Rodallega, Demspey, Zamora, Yakubu, Davies, Owen, etc.

Betting Update: Hugo Rodallega is 5/4 to move to Tottenham from Wigan this January with speculation suggesting he is set for a switch. He's 7/2 to join Fulham and 5/1 to move to QPR.

LOL

Isn't that based on the amount placed as bets rather than ITK?

Rather keep Pav then - he can still finish a decent shot and knows the team - i.e. much better option for the next 6 months than Saha, Rodallega, Demspey, Zamora, Yakubu, Davies, Owen, etc.

don't agree, Pav better than Zamora as a third striker? nah

Crikey, why on earth would we want Saha? Are we trying to signing as identical a player to Defoe as we can?!? Seriously, what would be the point?? We start with Adebayor and Rafa and then ahve Defoe and Saha on the bench....both are poacher type players who dont do much outside the box and arent particularly quick. Having one is fine, two would be ludicrous.

Saha is much much better with his back to goal than Defoe, and can score a wider range of goals.

That said, I don't think he's what we should be aiming for.

Fulham agreed fee of ?ú4 million plus Andy Johnson for Hugo Rodallega, but Johnson turned down the move.

In your opinion.

IMO Zamora would be a massive upgrade on Pav. Dempsey isnt a striker per se but would be of more value to the squad than Pav.

Saha, Rodallega offer something different and better suited to our style of play.

Any of them come in at Pavs expense and we are better off.

Cisse passed medical, Zamora in talks with QPR.

German media report that Lucas Barrios's agent has confirmed that his client will be staying at Borussia Dortmund.

Back