• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

What an insult to the championship.

Foy is bent I tell you. Criminal.

I agree with you in the first part, I dont see why the Championship, which is of a very high standard should be the dumping grounds for officials, if you are deemed to be relegated you should be doing non league.

Second point, I still maintain it wasn't actually Foys fault, for once

I agree with you in the first part, I dont see why the Championship, which is of a very high standard should be the dumping grounds for officials, if you are deemed to be relegated you should be doing non league.

Second point, I still maintain it wasn't actually Foys fault, for once

My firm belief Foy is corrupt is based on inexcusable poor performances for Stoke 3 years ago. One against us was ridiculous but when he hands that dirty talentless stoke team 3 points against arsenal and then one of their relegation rivals that year you know he is on a payroll

Then he is part of something like this at WHL where the goal doesn't really matter to anyone (2-1, 3-1 no difference really) apart from Verts and some Far East betting syndicates. Probably.

My firm belief Foy is corrupt is based on inexcusable poor performances for Stoke 3 years ago. One against us was ridiculous but when he hands that dirty talentless stoke team 3 points against Ar5ena1 and then one of their relegation rivals that year you know he is on a payroll

Then he is part of something like this at WHL where the goal doesn't really matter to anyone (2-1, 3-1 no difference really) apart from Verts and some Far East betting syndicates. Probably.

Do you remember in September 2012 when we won at Old Trafford for the first time in over 20 years?

Foy was refereeing that game and he denied Man Utd what seemed like a stonewall penalty. Fergie was seething about it.

I think we need to remember that as well befre we pipe up about how corrupt Foy is...

Do you remember in September 2012 when we won at Old Trafford for the first time in over 20 years?

Foy was refereeing that game and he denied Man Utd what seemed like a stonewall penalty. Fergie was seething about it.

I think we need to remember that as well befre we pipe up about how corrupt Foy is...

Maybe we paid him more that day.

Might not be an anti-Tottenham bias but he is beyond doubt pro-Stoke.
As clean as we think the English game is am sure corruption exists and I think we'll look back in the future and see how obvious some things were.

Oh and, Chris Hoy can do one as well :D

Vertonghen just can't keep himself out of the news, can he. He always seems to be involved in some controversial decisions.

-------------------------------

Photo: Chelsea fans demand Tottenham star Vertonghen is banned for three games for this

B8d8FeqCQAApCTN.jpg:large

Could Jan Vertonghen face an FA ban after grabbing Sheffield United's Chris Basham by the throat?

The Tottenham defender got caught up in a dispute with the Blades star as the game reached it's final stages, and United threatened to spring an upset and reach the Capital One Cup final.

No action was taken against the Tottenham defender for the incident, but crucially it is unclear if the referee even saw it.

Star striker of cup final opponents Chelsea, Diego Costa was charged by the Football Association for violent conduct for an alleged stamp against Liverpool in the other semi-final a day earlier, reported the BBC.

It is unclear if the striker will contest the charge, but he was widely criticised for his actions including by Thierry Henry who told SkySports he 'crossed a line'.

Most fans would not dispute Costa was overly aggressive, but one of the real frustrations with the FA's retrospective punishments, is a perceived lack of consistency.

Vertonghen's actions last night put the FA on the spot to be seen as acting in that manner, and Chelsea fans, reeling from the possibilty of Costa facing a three-game ban, took to Twitter to voice their opinions in this manner, with several referencing the FA's official twitter feed to flag up the Tottenham defender's actions.

----------------------------------

It is really a stupid thing to do, even more so when we were leading by aggregate and the match was almost over. He will have only himself to blame if he is charged for that.

Last edited:
Grabbing someone by the throat is wrong but there was never enough there to cause lasting damage. A stamp on the other hand could easily break a leg.

In the same way, affectionately calling your team "yiddos" may well be offensive to some members for the Jewish community so perhaps Spurs fans should't do it. But making hissing noises and singing "Spurs are on their way to Austwitz" is significantly more malicious. So which one does "Jewish" Chelsea fan highlight and cry about?

It's a screwed up club with no morals from the top down. You have a murdering chairman. A captain who destroys his team mates family, no surprise when his mummy steals from shops for fun I suppose. And then these racist glory hunters who are all to happy to point to video evidence if it doesn't involve a black man being racially abused by said son of thief.

Everyone in the team and the manager sees we are creating chances but most people on here think we don't.

Maybe it's a case of see what you want.

Time to be dropped. Fazio and Dier for QPR I think. I actually wanted this CB partnership on Sunday...

Fazio is more vocal and i believe that will help Dier and the organization of the defence a lot.

Verts is an introvert, a loner, he plays how he likes - little or no communication with the rest of the team.

I believe in Fazio and Dier being our best partnership of the three.

Maybe it's a case of see what you want.

Yep, and a check of the Swansea OMT thread before Townsend scored...and basically each player thread in here will tell you that. Well maybe except Rose, because I usually can't even find his thread. Nice assist on the first goal today though, huh.

Last edited:
Another brain fart by Verthongen. What's with this guy and spring? He always seem to regress at this time of the year??

tired/overplayed? think he and Kane looked a little mentally tired ...

Hopefully after this week-end, we get back to more reasonable time between games and they can recover

i don't believe that CB's are often overplayed, in fact i think they get better as they get into the groove, and that disrupting that understanding between CBs and keeper takes out more from the defence than just regular fatigue.

Back