• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

That's because Verts is emotionally committed while the other two are more ambivalent

That's not how I see it. Eriksen and Alderwerield want more money and will probably sign contracts.
Vertonghen probably wants to play for Ajax again before his career is over. I can see him joining on a free next summer when he's 33.

That's not how I see it. Eriksen and Alderwerield want more money and will probably sign contracts.
Vertonghen probably wants to play for Ajax again before his career is over. I can see him joining on a free next summer when he's 33.
As much as I'd love Verts to end up in a coaching role at Spurs, I can only see him heading to Ajax in a few years' time, assuming they'd want him around, and then transitioning to a coaching role there. The reaction of their fans when he got injured during the first leg of the CL semi-final says it all.

Classy player.

That is quite possible and by then Foyth and Sanchez could well have developed in to our starting CBs.

I reckon Verts has got another 2-3 years at the top left in him. I can see him returning to Ajax at maybe 35 and probably playing till near 40.

It's funny with Jan. He's gone about his time with us relatively quietly. He had a perhaps inauspicious start, (and obviously had issues with his body language (o_O)) but he has since made himself an indispensable part of the team - a superb defender, a no-nonsense tackler, a bit of a dark-arts master, a regular club POTS winner/contender, a role model and teacher for less experienced CBs, and a SuperJan to boot.
He has well and truly earned "Legend" status, but in a steady, kind of no-fanfare way. He's up there with my favourite Spurs players.

You know Poch. There are a bunch of players who have trained and played well. Skipp, GKN so we selected them. Jan will be back like Arnie-Superman.

We are not used to having a large squad of quality. We're getting closer...

Maybe. Not exactly ideal having Toby, Jan and Eriksen all down to 1 year on their contract

Back