• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I am loath to believe anything in the Standard but if it is correct that is great news. Jan is one of the best CB's in the Prem and alongside Toby makes up the best pairing around.

I am a big fan of the Wimmer, he has come in and really impressed, but i would love to have Jan back soon and add a bit more experience to the back line for the run in.

I am a big fan of the Wimmer, he has come in and really impressed, but i would love to have Jan back soon and add a bit more experience to the back line for the run in.

I agree completely, Wimmer has done really well and considering he has played very little top Lge games here and in Germany ( less then 50 overall) he has performed from the off. However the last couple of games he has looked as if its all catching up with him and if we can get Jan back for the run in in both the EL and the Lge we will be stronger for it.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a typo and it's £50k more a week. Considering his age (at his peak) and that he's vice captain, he should realistically be pushing the £90ks.

Do we pay anyone in the 90s? Eriksens new deal is going to be £80k i read, even then you wonder whether that is basic or with add ons.

Do we pay anyone in the 90s? Eriksens new deal is going to be £80k i read, even then you wonder whether that is basic or with add ons.

King and Soldado were reportedly on £90k (and Ade on £100k from us). I think Keane II and Defoe II were in that ballpark too. No one in our current squad is that 'senior' at the moment, but its were Verts and Lloris are moving into

Eriksen is 5 years younger than Verts (wages seem to be cumulative through a career) and is not vice-captain, so he should be on less.

King and Soldado were reportedly on £90k (and Ade on £100k from us). I think Keane II and Defoe II were in that ballpark too. No one in our current squad is that 'senior' at the moment, but its were Verts and Lloris are moving into

Eriksen is 5 years younger than Verts (wages seem to be cumulative through a career) and is not vice-captain, so he should be on less.

I just dont see us paying a 28 year old centre half 90k a week on a 3 year contract.

Brilliant news, get those legs stretched my dutch friend you are needed for Thursday.

When he says ready for the game I think he means watching today's game, not ready to play a game himself.

I think he will build himself up now (maybe play one u21 game) to be ready for Liverpool away.

Will feel a little sorry for wimmer to be put back on the bench, particularly as I can't see wimmer getting much action once Jan returns which is a little sad.

But it does seem we have found Jans long term successor :)

I can see Wimmer playing against Bournemouth and Liverpool with Vertonghen coming on in the latter and possibly starting against Man Utd. Wimmer overall will be more than happy with his game time now this season and will definitely get time coming on as a sub maybe starting in place of Toby to potentially give him a slight rest. He has played in about 18-19 games overall now and will probably finish the season having been involved in 24-25 games which, for a debut season and with those two in front of him, is a very good return.

I can see Wimmer playing against Bournemouth and Liverpool with Vertonghen coming on in the latter and possibly starting against Man Utd. Wimmer overall will be more than happy with his game time now this season and will definitely get time coming on as a sub maybe starting in place of Toby to potentially give him a slight rest. He has played in about 18-19 games overall now and will probably finish the season having been involved in 24-25 games which, for a debut season and with those two in front of him, is a very good return.

I think that they have been targeting after the international break for Verts' return

If we're still winning and looking solid defensively I can't see Poch dropping Wimmer

He has been solid since he has came in and he hasn't looked back.

Verts steps out into midfield better but I'd say Wimmer ha shown he is better at the last ditch stuff (not necessarily a good thing of he is at fault)

Both are great players

Was really impressed that Verts travelled to Dortmund to cheer the lads on

Back