• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Ward-Prowse

Hotshot-Tottenham

Edgar Davids
No rumour, I'd just love us to go for this guy.

He has absolutely incredible delivery, is good on the ball and before his recent injury, was a fixture in that side.

He's just coming back now and looks pretty sharp and seems to have a good attitude. I think he could rival some of our lot for the positions in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1.

I really think he could the next breakthrough player, going onto big things. I'm sure he'd be upward of £12m but I'd certainly swap for Townsend plus cash.

Can we pleeaassseee bury unrealistic ideas that Southampton will sell any player this January?!! And to us of all teams... Be it Ward Prowse, Schneiderlin or whoever. It simply smacks of arrogance on our part when - wait for it - they look a much better bet for the fourth CL place than we do!

Can we pleeaassseee bury unrealistic ideas that Southampton will sell any player this January?!! And to us of all teams... Be it Ward Prowse, Schneiderlin or whoever. It simply smacks of arrogance on our part when - wait for it - they look a much better bet for the fourth CL place than we do!

Didn't say they would, just saying that I like him as a player.

Much better? On what basis?

They're two points ahead of us.

Besides which, I don't think there was any presumption or arrogance on the OP's part, as you imply. He was simply day dreaming.

Much better? On what basis?

Maybe the fact that - bar their blip - they were destroying teams which we struggled to win against? Maybe the fact that they gave the best team in the land a run for their money and genuinely made them sweat for a point as opposed to the canter at which Chelscum beat us just a few weeks ago? Maybe the fact that they have a solid defence, an excellent midfield (who we would love to sign half of) and a sharp attack?

Maybe the fact that - bar their blip - they were destroying teams which we struggled to win against? Maybe the fact that they gave the best team in the land a run for their money and genuinely made them sweat for a point as opposed to the canter at which Chelscum beat us just a few weeks ago? Maybe the fact that they have a solid defence, an excellent midfield (who we would love to sign half of) and a sharp attack?

theyre doing just as well as theyre doing last season but have 1 extra point. in fact, so are we. Southampton will finish below us this season, by about 7 or 8 points.

And yet..............they are only two points ahead of us. All the rest is mere fluff. No more relevant than the fact that we beat them and outplayed them when we met earlier this season or that we are currently on a better run of form than them.

My bet is that we'll continue to improve as the season goes on while Southampton have little room to do likewise.

I could accept an argument that Southampton look to be a marginally better bet than us to finish in the top four. But "much" better?

Nah.

Last edited:
Back