• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

That is a very black and white way of looking at things.... After all you could've used Keane, Berbatov, Eriksen, Chadli, Kanoute, Modric, VDV or Defoe as your examples.

Of course but it was in reponse to the guy previously saying that signing Lambert would turn out the same way as signing Saha just because the price was similar and that they're old....and that we should therefore have to spend a lot to get someone good. I was merely pointing out that, as you suggest, the link between price and success isnt clear cut

Last edited:
6 months of Lambert would be excellent IMHO. 18 months if he stays sharp.

Would fit the system, would give an extra option both to Kane and in the squad in general.
Knows Poch's training methods, knows how to play as one up front with three behind.
Is experienced and has leadership qualities.
Is a decent PL goalscorer.

Don't understand why it hasn't worked at Lpool. But that's football sometimes.

Would fit the system, would give an extra option both to Kane and in the squad in general.
Knows Poch's training methods, knows how to play as one up front with three behind.

Excellent?.... Or acceptable?

Personaly I don't see Lambert as a player who would help us push on into the top 4 this season or next season. He is 33 years old in a few weeks time and therefore a player who has probably already gone through his peak years and will now be on the way down. I think he would provide a bit of cover as a number 9 in case Kane gets injured but I don't think he is the sort of player that would be commanding a first team spot at number 9 and allowing us to drop Kane into the number 10 role. I think I would rather Pochettino tried to sweet talk Adebayor into performing again than bring in Lambert.

Personaly I don't see Lambert as a player who would help us push on into the top 4 this season or next season. He is 33 years old in a few weeks time and therefore a player who has probably already gone through his peak years and will now be on the way down. I think he would provide a bit of cover as a number 9 in case Kane gets injured but I don't think he is the sort of player that would be commanding a first team spot at number 9 and allowing us to drop Kane into the number 10 role. I think I would rather Pochettino tried to sweet talk Adebayor into performing again than bring in Lambert.

Agree about Lambert - but sounds like whatever is going on in Ade's head is sadly beyond sweet talking. Shame as he would be such a useful player. Still glad to have got rid of Capoo and Kaboul.

I think his game relies on his mind, not pace, so has a few years in him

Good to have around the dressing room too

I agree - if we sell Ade and then on Feb 1st Kane breaks his leg, we're screwed. Given that its highl unlikely that many decent CFs would be available and gettable by us in Jan, I would sign Lambert on an 18 month deal if he's really available

I agree - if we sell Ade and then on Feb 1st Kane breaks his leg, we're screwed. Given that its highl unlikely that many decent CFs would be available and gettable by us in Jan, I would sign Lambert on an 18 month deal if he's really available
Berahino is decent, available and gettable. For once let's hope Levy doesn't take the cheap option this January!

If we spend big on Berahino im not sure where that leaves us in terms of a third striker...

I wouldn't expect us to spend big again on another forward as we'd need to be offering first team football to a 25(ish) year old you'd think and that would only hamper the development of Kane and Berahino - so signing him, in all likelyhood, would lead to a Lambert-esque 3rd choice anyway, experienced but happy to be back up and generally be winding things down.

So : Kane, Berahino, Lambert-esque

Not great imv as the young players have yet to fully establish themselves on a consistent basis and their form will likely fluctuate, whilst an old pro happy to be 3rd choice is in that position for a reason.

I want to sign a forward the coach/DoF/scouting team believe to be a genuine talent now and ready to play no.9 in front of Kane or competing with him for that position. I don't think Berahino is that player, yet

If we spend big on Berahino im not sure where that leaves us in terms of a third striker...

I wouldn't expect us to spend big again on another forward as we'd need to be offering first team football to a 25(ish) year old you'd think and that would only hamper the development of Kane and Berahino - so signing him, in all likelyhood, would lead to a Lambert-esque 3rd choice anyway, experienced but happy to be back up and generally be winding things down.

So : Kane, Berahino, Lambert-esque

Not great imv as the young players have yet to fully establish themselves on a consistent basis and their form will likely fluctuate, whilst an old pro happy to be 3rd choice is in that position for a reason.

I want to sign a forward the coach/DoF/scouting team believe to be a genuine talent now and ready to play no.9 in front of Kane or competing with him for that position. I don't think Berahino is that player, yet (he may be in a couple of years, but we can't have two thirds of our striking options as potential imv)

My trio would be something like Kane, Soldado, Rodriguez/Ings, with the latter also an option at LWF.

No way we should be bringing in a player to play ahead of Kane - that would ruin everything

I meant in front of him on the pitch.

As in :

---------CF
Chadli Kane Eriksen

As great as Kane is/has been - i don't think it would be wise to go in to next season with the expectation and pressure all on him being our main source of goals

So we should go out and spend big money on someone like Bent, Rebrov, Pavlyuchenko, Bentley, Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho etc etc etc instead???
....or Klinsmann or Lineker or Berbatov or Allen or Waddle or Gascoigne or Greaves etc etc etc instead?

You might be happy settling for average / past it players on a loan deal, but I'm not. Not when I'm paying top end prices for my season ticket every year.

Of course but it was in reponse to the guy previously saying that signing Lambert would turn out the same way as signing Saha just because the price was similar and that they're old....and that we should therefore have to spend a lot to get someone good. I was merely pointing out that, as you suggest, the link between price and success isnt clear cut
You are drawing your own conclusions to my post. Sometimes you can spend big and it works, sometimes it doesn't. I wasn't advocating that, though.

We've had net nil spend for about 6 or 7 years now. I question deals like Saha and Lambert when we pay among the highest ticket prices and are outspent by Stoke.

And before you ask, no I don't want us to do a Leeds either.

Would lambert leave the bench of a club he adores and openly says he's living the dream to come and sit on our bench?

Would lambert leave the bench of a club he adores and openly says he's living the dream to come and sit on our bench?

On loan to be second choice behind a young forward who will possibly need a bit of resting in the second half of the season with plenty of games in the cup competitions - i think that is a much better situation to be in for him personally

My trio would be something like Kane, Soldado, Rodriguez/Ings, with the latter also an option at LWF.

No way we should be bringing in a player to play ahead of Kane - that would ruin everything
I really do fail to see what it is about Soldado that you like? You turned your opinion round on Capoue, hat will it take to convince you that Soldado isn't the answer for us?

Currently if Kane is injured/rested then we're stuck with Soldado up front. Welcome to Burnley FA Cup first half performances!

....or Klinsmann or Lineker or Berbatov or Allen or Waddle or Gascoigne or Greaves etc etc etc instead?

You might be happy settling for average / past it players on a loan deal, but I'm not. Not when I'm paying top end prices for my season ticket every year.

If our primary targets are not available until the summer do you not see the benefit in getting in a forward who the manager trusts as a stop gap? As he clearly has little faith in two thirds of our current choice up front and we can't expect Harry Kane to carry the burden himself all season.

It's a sound logical short term deal.

Not a fan of Ings but if he is a free in the summer we could sign both Ings and Berahino and get rid of Ade and Soldado.

Kane
Ings
Berahino

Is not a bad trio. Personally I have not seen much of Ings but at 22 I'm sure he can develop into an important premier league striker and would give us something different up top.

In response to being asked about his previous ITK….

JJetset said: ↑

Yes that was about the selling 1 of 2 and not both. Nothing to do with Chadli up front.

We've been looking at Ings to update on Storts. One of a few options that we could go for if, Harry gets injured or Ade or RS leave. More than likely if we do go for him it will be the summer but then there are more options available then also.

Berahino currently way too expensive for his talent, you are paying over 20M for potential which is high risk.

Roger Morgan

Watch any Everton movement on Lennon, Kaboul. We are very keen on McCarthy and he wants us.

Love how all these "ITK" get leaked transfer info regardless of the change in personnel every year at the club. I assume Poch like all the other Tottenham managers talk transfers to the tea lady.

Back