• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

If that lazy Italian had been a hit - and Sturridge had stayed injury free - I could have seen them shipping Lambert out. But not with Balo being even a worse signing than Lambert IMO.

Why on earth would Liverpool loan to us and potentially strengthen a rival?

These 'ITKs' just make it up!

I didn't say it was likely or even particularly plausible. Or that it was a solid rumour.

Just discussing the rumour that was posted and saying I think it would be a good signing if it happened. Isn't this at least half of the fun with ITKs?

Maybe they don't consider it to be strengthening us.

Could be. Could also be that Rodgers has realized that it was a bad signing for them as he doesn't fit his system. Moving him on could free up space and wages to bring someone else in. They have a bunch of players that are struggling in him, Borini, Balotelli and of course Sturridge injured. Sterling can and has played there and seems preferred to Lambert at this point. I think he might be looking to make a choice and stick by it.

At least a chance I think, but of course unlikely and probably unlikely that Lambert would give up on his Liverpool dream so soon after signing for them.

Isn't Liverpool Rickie Lambert's 'dream team'?

I'd take Lambert on as a back-up forward. If he hasn't looked to be at his best this season, well, he joins a number of promising players who haven't looked to be at their best this season at Liverpool. Only one person to blame for that - Charlotte Searle:

PAY-Charlotte-Hind-friend-of-Liverpools-manager-Brendan-Rodgers.jpg

I didn't say it was likely or even particularly plausible. Or that it was a solid rumour.

Just discussing the rumour that was posted and saying I think it would be a good signing if it happened. Isn't this at least half of the fun with ITKs?

Could be. Could also be that Rodgers has realized that it was a bad signing for them as he doesn't fit his system. Moving him on could free up space and wages to bring someone else in. They have a bunch of players that are struggling in him, Borini, Balotelli and of course Sturridge injured. Sterling can and has played there and seems preferred to Lambert at this point. I think he might be looking to make a choice and stick by it.

At least a chance I think, but of course unlikely and probably unlikely that Lambert would give up on his Liverpool dream so soon after signing for them.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek but Lambert has to be very disappointed to get so little playing time when his competition for the strikers role really is so poor and he's still barely getting a look in. Baltoelli and Borini aren't really pulling up trees and as you say he is also playing Sterling ahead of him.

You'd have to wonder if he is such a bad fit for the team why the hell did 'pool buy him? Maybe the answer is that Rodgers didn't know what he wanted and went a bit transfer crazy, ironically after criticising us for the same thing. Personally I don't think Lambert is a bad player and he has the advantage of knowing exactly what Poch wants from a player, but at 32 and soon to be 33 he's not really the answer for us. Just a sticking plaster to cover for Ade's continued absence I guess.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek but Lambert has to be very disappointed to get so little playing time when his competition for the strikers role really is so poor and he's still barely getting a look in. Baltoelli and Borini aren't really pulling up trees and as you say he is also playing Sterling ahead of him.

You'd have to wonder if he is such a bad fit for the team why the hell did 'pool buy him? Maybe the answer is that Rodgers didn't know what he wanted and went a bit transfer crazy, ironically after criticising us for the same thing. Personally I don't think Lambert is a bad player and he has the advantage of knowing exactly what Poch wants from a player, but at 32 and soon to be 33 he's not really the answer for us. Just a sticking plaster to cover for Ade's continued absence I guess.

He is obviously primarily a short term solution. But I think he could do job for a season and a half. Signing good strikers is fantastically difficult it seems. Him and Kane and some relatively young talented striker settling in would seem like a good strike force to take into next season to me. And for the rest of this season he would obviously do better than Adebayor is currently doing and would, like you say, presumably not take long to settle in under Poch.

We are in three cups and on the brink of 4th place and this could be a crucial winda and who are we rumoured to be after? Ricky s0dding Lambert.

Celebrate.

Feels like Louis Saha all over again.

We are in three cups and on the brink of 4th place and this could be a crucial winda and who are we rumoured to be after? Ricky s0dding Lambert.

Celebrate.

Yes. Someone who 8-9 months ago worked very well in this league under our current manager. Sounds just like Saha, apart from all the things.

Liverpool are working hard on bringing in Origi early. A like for like replacement for Sturridge, who knew that would be a smart thing.

To be fair, it didn't say anything about liverpool agreeing to it, just that we were looking, seems like a common sense inquiry to me.
True.... and fair point. I'd be prepared to lay quite a big bet that Lambert isn't part of our squad on Feb 1st though.

This Trix character just makes a load of nonsense up anyway doesn't he/she?

True.... and fair point. I'd be prepared to lay quite a big bet that Lambert isn't part of our squad on Feb 1st though.

This Trix character just makes a load of nonsense up anyway doesn't he/she?

Well to be fair to him he doesn't actually claim to be ITK himself, I think he is involved (whether as a friend or via work) with a couple of agents). Therefore even if his stories are true, as they're coming from agents, its possibly a mixture of genuine snippets, gravevine rumours and being actively fed rubbish based on agendas.

Originally Posted by screen nayim View Post

Celebrate.

Originally Posted by Braineclipse
Yes. Someone who 8-9 months ago worked very well in this league under our current manager. Sounds just like Saha, apart from all the things.

Yes. Old, unwanted by his current club and cheap.

Just like Saha.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by screen nayim View Post

Celebrate.

Originally Posted by Braineclipse

Yes. Old, unwanted by his current club and cheap.

Just like Saha.

So we should go out and spend big money on someone like Bent, Rebrov, Pavlyuchenko, Bentley, Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho etc etc etc instead???

So we should go out and spend big money on someone like Bent, Rebrov, Pavlyuchenko, Bentley, Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho etc etc etc instead???

Im sure you can find a happy medium between wasting large amounts of money on someone with a big reputation and Rickie Lambert - In every other position we have acquired relatively young players with the potential to operate at a very high level who have developed, but never really got our purchases right up front. A striker aged 20-25 for around £10m abroad or even domestically exploiting contract situations etc should easily be achievable...

That is a very black and white way of looking at things.... After all you could've used Keane, Berbatov, Ericksen, Chadli, Kanoute, Modric, VDV or Defoe as your examples.

Is it set in stone that it will only be possible for us to sign either a stop gap or a flop? It seems as though Icardi, Berahino, Ntep and Gignac could all probably be prised away from their clubs currently at a fee that is affordable to our club. I don't know if any are 'the answer' (although I think Berahino could well be) but I think all of them are likely to offer a better option than Soldado.

I would advocate us signing Lambert on loan but only if we need short term because we have lined up a proper long term solution in the Summer that there is no way we can get right now.

Back