• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

From the thread title and the last few pages, you'd think the latest ITK was about us resigning Carrick.

Keeping it off topic I'm just wondering what latent talent Carrick was supposed to have that never matured?

He never had pace, he was never a stunning goal scoring midfielder wiith a 30 yard pile-driver, he was never a ball-breaking tackler. Not sure what the slightly anti-lobby think he was going to become but didn't and what evidence from his Spammer days or early days with us suggested that he would?

hertyid :

Lennon is gone already. Vlad not so sure about.
Ade is basically free to anyone that wants him.

ali z:

Could be a high number - Lennon is going, so is Kaboul or Ade if anybody takes them. Interest in Capoue, Pauli and Ciriches. Carrol and Holtby are goners. It could be a mad week, max of 2 in, could be loans.

JJetset:

As per my post on Jan 6th i said i may pop back in late Jan and here i am.
Not likely that anything will happen this week.
Maybe an out or two but that's not really down to us and therefore hard to predict.

i know...what im saying is two have made definitive statements which they can be held against at the end of the window

If they genuinely knew that, they'd say which club to

Why, it's quite likely there would be a few PL clubs interested in taking him. Considering Hull have been constantly mentioned would be easy for them to say that....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

i know...what im saying is two have made definitive statements which they can be held against at the end of the window

Ok - yep.

Why, it's quite likely there would be a few PL clubs interested in taking him. Considering Hull have been constantly mentioned would be easy for them to say that....

But they are saying 'Lennon has been sold'. If they knew, they'd say 'to Hull', or 'to Sunderland' or 'to QPR' etc.

What they should be saying is 'Lennon isn't wanted any more, but no fee has been agreed with any of the interested clubs yet.

But they are saying 'Lennon has been sold'. If they knew, they'd say 'to Hull', or 'to Sunderland' or 'to QPR' etc.

What they should be saying is 'Lennon isn't wanted any more, but no fee has been agreed with any of the interested clubs yet.

One of them said Lennon is gone, another Lennon is going. That's open to interpretation really as to what stage of being sold they are at- more a case of both sure that he is leaving,neither said Lennon has been sold like you quoted.

Anyway, waste of time debating really- there's a handful of ITKs worth listening to, none of those three qualify...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

hertyid: I know for a fact that we have made an offer for a player as well as Naughton gone and Lennon going so not sure this is strictly true.

ali z:
TBH no doubting JJ or Storts but I hear we are still trying to bring in 1 or 2. As of Saturday eve, Poch was under the impression he would still get 1 maybe 2.

trix: Just spoke to my mate about all things transfer window and he said something I found very interesting. He was with a very well known agent with plenty of Prem players on his books(and some abroad) yesterday and he told him that any of his players that were attracting Premier league attention were being advised to do nothing at all until the summer, when the new TV deal comes in [the majority of it is paid out at end of the season] and wage budgets increase.

Some info on FFP, tv money and wage caps: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...inancial-cap-clubs-face-points-deduction.html

trix again: As far as I am aware we haven't even made an official offer for any of them [MP targets] as yet, we just know they would all leave their current clubs to come to us. As of this morning I am still hearing the same. Players lined up, but until there are outgoings nothing at all will happen. There has been interest in quite a few, but how far down the line any of that is, is generally not something I will be told. My stuff mainly comes from MP's pov so to speak, so I might hear who we are looking at or trying to get rid of, and basic stuff regarding deals, but I won't hear much else as far how close deals are etc. I do hear other bits and pieces but info from agents isn't always the most reliable, especially when it is second and third hand. When I think it's solid I do generally post as much

trix: Just spoke to my mate about all things transfer window and he said something I found very interesting. He was with a very well known agent with plenty of Prem players on his books(and some abroad) yesterday and he told him that any of his players that were attracting Premier league attention were being advised to do nothing at all until the summer, when the new TV deal comes in [the majority of it is paid out at end of the season] and wage budgets increase.

Some info on FFP, tv money and wage caps: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...inancial-cap-clubs-face-points-deduction.html

trix again: As far as I am aware we haven't even made an official offer for any of them [MP targets] as yet, we just know they would all leave their current clubs to come to us. As of this morning I am still hearing the same. Players lined up, but until there are outgoings nothing at all will happen. There has been interest in quite a few, but how far down the line any of that is, is generally not something I will be told. My stuff mainly comes from MP's pov so to speak, so I might hear who we are looking at or trying to get rid of, and basic stuff regarding deals, but I won't hear much else as far how close deals are etc. I do hear other bits and pieces but info from agents isn't always the most reliable, especially when it is second and third hand. When I think it's solid I do generally post as much

An ITK's (thats been round forever) information comes from a manager who's been at the club 6 months???

New Destro:
@jetsetyid: not complete rubbish but very doubtful

Schurrle:
@jetsetyid: no chance & neither will utd on AJ

Kono
@jetsetyid: no bid

Ings
@jetsetyid: Ings not happening this window if it happens

Outgoings
@jetsetyid: trix info was close as no players will leave at moment

Summer
@jetsetyid: rebuild in summer (again) big clear out for MP & different squad

From SC.

An ITK's (thats been round forever) information comes from a manager who's been at the club 6 months???

Trix wasn't really active as an ITK until last summer/spring. His source is agents and he says it's from Poch's POV, not necessarily from Poch himself.

New atlanta yid:
I just finished a three hour dinner with my friend and Charlie Lewis (son of Joe) got to say it was a very interesting meal to say the least
I really didn't know how Joe made all of his money but now I have a different prospective on a self made billionaire.
Charlie is an interesting man who has a genuine love of football and Tottenham all though he was an Arsenal fan as a child something I gave him brick for.
He is a third generation restauranteur and gave me good feedback on how to grow my business.
I tried to ask as many Spurs questions as possible without being pushy
The most I got was that DL knows what the coach wants and thinks that we can get the players but not until the summer. That means that the season is try and do the best we can with what we have and invest next year. I know it doesn't sound overly optimistic but the whole Spurs family believes in the coach and his philosophy.
The other really good part was how much Hugo loves London and the club
If I think of anything else I will add on to the post.
Sorry I can't pass on any more information

From SC

Galahad The Gnome {If you don't like cryptics, don't open this thread}
A mead-stained parchment arrives from the warty one. Makes absolutely no sense to me, however I'm confident the collective COYS brain will provide the requisite illumination .... eventually.
"The AN26 Ferrum defender. Born in New but moved to old at the age of 10.
He wants us, and we're keen to get him in by the deadline, but will depend on his price coming down a bit. If not now, then on a free in the summer

^Reid

trix: MP hasn't gone off him no.[moreno]
Reid move is being driven hard by his agent, who strangely was only interested in the Scum up until very recently. Wonder why that has changed?

Paulista's move is now completed

Back