• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

There is more...

ho: JJ
When: 8th August
Where: SC

JJetset said: ↑

My only comment:
Poch is very happy with all the players so at this point, i don't expect too many more incoming.
Obviously this can and probably will change but it is current.

Centre Back will happen.

And...

Who: Grey Fox

Happy camp Tick
MM Tick
MS Eventually
Depay No
Kono No
Rodriguez club would like this window, but probably have to try in January
Yedlin January
Out goings 3 or 4 over next couple of weeks

[UPDATE]

Jan Tick

And...

Who: Grey Fox

Happy camp Tick
MM Tick
MS Eventually
Depay No
Kono No
Rodriguez club would like this window, but probably have to try in January
Yedlin January
Out goings 3 or 4 over next couple of weeks

[UPDATE]

Jan Tick

Grey Fox - d!ck

There is more...

ho: JJ

JJetset said: ↑

My only comment:
Poch is very happy with all the players so at this point, i don't expect too many more incoming.
Obviously this can and probably will change but it is current.

Centre Back will happen.

I really hope Poch's comments yesterday indicate that there will be more attacking players coming in. He said he wants to build a team around flair - how many flair players can you say we have? Eriksen for sure, Lamela and Townsend have shown flashes, but beyond that? We're seriously lacking in skillful players who can get the crowd off their seats, delight us with a bit of skill, scare the opposition by running at them. No I don't count ****ing Paulinho in this because he pulled off a backheel once.

I really hope Poch's comments yesterday indicate that there will be more attacking players coming in. He said he wants to build a team around flair - how many flair players can you say we have? Eriksen for sure, Lamela and Townsend have shown flashes, but beyond that? We're seriously lacking in skillful players who can get the crowd off their seats, delight us with a bit of skill, scare the opposition by running at them. No I don't count ****ing Paulinho in this because he pulled off a backheel once.

Well it depends. Lennon used to be that player under Redknapp and prior managers. AVB & Sherwood turned him into someone that was more interested in running back the way to support our full-back and passing backwards to the midfield than burning past the full-back for pace.

I always remember when Erik Edman's career as a Premier League left-back was ENDED spectacularly by Lennon at White Hart Lane and I also remember him breezing past AC Milan's defence in the Champions League to set up Crouch for a tap-in.

There are so many players that were written off as worthless last couple of seasons because of either clueless managers or defensive managers.

Dembele for example had the potential to play with a lot of flair. When he came on and scored that goal against Norwich, the barrel chested physique, drop of the shoulder, effortless glide past two defenders and bullet finish reminded me of Gazza at his best.

I thought we had a real player on our hands but as the season wore on and when Sandro got injured particularly, he was restrained by instructions to support Scott Parker and keep it simple.

Anyway, you only really get away with having a couple of real flair players in your team in this day and age. Eriksen & Lamela are more than enough to be getting on with in the starting XI and whatever you said, Paulinho has shown his ability in this regard too, such as his back-heel goal versus Cardiff.

Everything is re-set with Pochettino, the guy who turned league 2 journeymen into England's flair squad.

I think football these days is much more about team flair than individual flair. We don't need a Ginola if we've got a front 4 (+ supporting CMs and FBs) cutting teams to ribbons with their movement and incisive passing.

Gards@Gards44
Yedlin is in the building! #COYS

Btw Gards is someone that arranges properties for players (a real identifiable person), so this will be meant literally.

Gards@Gards44
Yedlin is in the building! #COYS

Btw Gards is someone that arranges properties for players (a real identifiable person), so this will be meant literally.

You sure GB? I thought he was porking Bentley's sister and called his transfer then has just lived off the back of that? He tried to call the American winger at Bayern last week when it has been in the paper about 6 weeks ago......

You sure GB? I thought he was porking Bentley's sister and called his transfer then has just lived off the back of that? He tried to call the American winger at Bayern last week when it has been in the paper about 6 weeks ago......

Not really. Just repeating what I've read on here before?

Really disappointed with the lack of quality signings so far in the pre-season, especially the strikers. We are going into the new season relying on last season's major signings like Lamela, Eriksen and Soldado to get us the goals. With the inconsistent Adebayor and Soldado our only experienced srtikers, it is going to be really difficult for Pochettino to fight for a top 4 place.

Yep Bentleys sisters long term boyfriend.. He rarely gives anything away or commits unless he is sure.

Really disappointed with the lack of quality signings so far in the pre-season, especially the strikers. We are going into the new season relying on last season's major signings like Lamela, Eriksen and Soldado to get us the goals. With the inconsistent Adebayor and Soldado our only experienced srtikers, it is going to be really difficult for Pochettino to fight for a top 4 place.

Agreed, not even getting linked to anybody of real quality let alone signing them. Nevertheless I hope that we have moved on from looking outside the club to make improvements ie. signing everybody we can. I hope we are actually focusing now on trying to build a team from our bloated but talented squad.

With us being out priced on transfer fees and salaries this is he only way for us to continue to compete.

If that fails (again..I am clutching at straws here!), don't forget we've got Harry Kane!

Well it depends. Lennon used to be that player under Redknapp and prior managers. AVB & Sherwood turned him into someone that was more interested in running back the way to support our full-back and passing backwards to the midfield than burning past the full-back for pace.

I always remember when Erik Edman's career as a Premier League left-back was ENDED spectacularly by Lennon at White Hart Lane and I also remember him breezing past AC Milan's defence in the Champions League to set up Crouch for a tap-in.

There are so many players that were written off as worthless last couple of seasons because of either clueless managers or defensive managers.

Dembele for example had the potential to play with a lot of flair. When he came on and scored that goal against Norwich, the barrel chested physique, drop of the shoulder, effortless glide past two defenders and bullet finish reminded me of Gazza at his best.

I thought we had a real player on our hands but as the season wore on and when Sandro got injured particularly, he was restrained by instructions to support Scott Parker and keep it simple.

Anyway, you only really get away with having a couple of real flair players in your team in this day and age. Eriksen & Lamela are more than enough to be getting on with in the starting XI and whatever you said, Paulinho has shown his ability in this regard too, such as his back-heel goal versus Cardiff.

Everything is re-set with Pochettino, the guy who turned league 2 journeymen into England's flair squad.
Totally agree re: Lennon. If POCH can get him to be positive and look to go forward, inviting tackles from FBs or making them double up on him then we should see an improved and rejuvenated Lennon.
I personally blame Capello for ruining Lennon, all so that World Class attacking FB, Glenn Johnson, can be an overlapping surrogate winger. Lennon had to cover for him defensively which he did well but negated his own attacking contribution. I think Lennon, is one of the most intelligent players on our books and seems to be able to follow the Coach's instruction but he needs to be unleashed. I am hopeful that POCH's high pressure game will suit him.
I would not mind seeing another right footed winger at the Club instead of Chadli though to provide some competition.

Agreed, not even getting linked to anybody of real quality let alone signing them. Nevertheless I hope that we have moved on from looking outside the club to make improvements ie. signing everybody we can. I hope we are actually focusing now on trying to build a team from our bloated but talented squad.

With us being out priced on transfer fees and salaries this is he only way for us to continue to compete.

If that fails (again..I am clutching at straws here!), don't forget we've got Harry Kane!

Well, not sure there really is a glut of strikers ...

considering what Cheat$ki paid for Costa, and how ****ing poor he looked in the WC ... not sure what options we have.

high tempo with searching, penetrating passes that put the opposition on the back foot - does that count as flair if its a team that shifts the ball around commandingly?

I can't think of a single new stadium, bar the Allianz Arena, that I like the design of. It needs to be properly intimate, goddamnit.

Also, I saw this re-posted, but not sure who it's about.

who: Trix
Where: Coys
When: 10/08/14

"Have just heard we have been testing the waters on this one, and we are interested in him coming. Info has come via a french agent, but not Martials, so how close to the truth I don't know."

Last edited:
I can't think of a single new stadium, bar the Allianz Arena, that I like the design of. It needs to be properly intimate, goddamnit.

Also, I saw this re-posted, but not sure who it's about.

who: Trix
Where: Coys
When: 10/08/14

"Have just heard we have been testing the waters on this one, and we are interested in him coming. Info has come via a french agent, but not Martials, so how close to the truth I don't know."

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/6664-Anthony-Martial

This makes me laugh. Love it. Sums up all that is wrong with the BPL and modern football culture. GHod, imagine relying on last summer's massively expensive signings? Surely the huge investment we made last summer in players that struggled to hit the ground running should be chucked in the bin this summer and a load more money spent on equally expensive new toys to get excited about, before they too struggle to get to grips with the PL in their first season.

Everyone was really excited by Soldado last summer. People say "we need a new striker". We bought a £26m goal machine last summer, we're gonna bin him off now because he struggled last season? He's looked really sharp in pre-season. Same with Lamela.

We have a lot of quality in the squad already. The key for me was to shore up parts of the squad like left-back and centre-back. Ben Davies is a solid signing and Eric Dier is another good investment. There's no great urgency this summer as we haven't lost anyone we didn't want to. So we're playing the waiting game for the right players.

This makes me laugh. Love it. Sums up all that is wrong with the BPL and modern football culture. GHod, imagine relying on last summer's massively expensive signings? Surely the huge investment we made last summer in players that struggled to hit the ground running should be chucked in the bin this summer and a load more money spent on equally expensive new toys to get excited about, before they too struggle to get to grips with the PL in their first season.

Everyone was really excited by Soldado last summer. People say "we need a new striker". We bought a £26m goal machine last summer, we're gonna bin him off now because he struggled last season? He's looked really sharp in pre-season. Same with Lamela.

We have a lot of quality in the squad already. The key for me was to shore up parts of the squad like left-back and centre-back. Ben Davies is a solid signing and Eric Dier is another good investment. There's no great urgency this summer as we haven't lost anyone we didn't want to. So we're playing the waiting game for the right players.

Great post

Back