• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

As faras i'm aware zaniolo plays right wing? Might be wrong.
I think he does. Might be cover for kulu but conte could also be thinking of playing kulu more centrally as a no. 10.

One of my mates said he thinks conte’s going to change up our tactics next season like he did at Chelsea. This would be to address our struggles with non top six teams where our counter attacking style doesn’t work so well. It’s an interesting theory at least. Here’s hoping it has a a similar impact on the pl as Chelsea’s switch to 343 did.

I think he does. Might be cover for kulu but conte could also be thinking of playing kulu more centrally as a no. 10.

One of my mates said he thinks conte’s going to change up our tactics next season like he did at Chelsea. This would be to address our struggles with non top six teams where our counter attacking style doesn’t work so well. It’s an interesting theory at least. Here’s hoping it has a a similar impact on the pl as Chelsea’s switch to 343 did.

Begs the question though (both you and @Bedfordspurs ) . Why zaniolo and not eriksen?

Begs the question though (both you and @Bedfordspurs ) . Why zaniolo and not eriksen?
Supposedly we wanted eriksen but he dithered around and then asked for more money and by that time conte and paratici had already moved on to other targets. No idea how true that is but that’s either what I’ve read on here or heard elsewhere!

Much prefer pellegrini to zaniolo if we're raiding Roma
He is a CM and a good one at that but no where near as versatile
Zaniolo had the poet goal to be world class
But I’m not sure how his injuries will work over here
But he has come back from 2 ACLs to look at good as he did before

Wouldn’t he be replacing Bergwijn as he is leaving and Lucas is unlikely to be?

Whilst we have had these links to Richarlison and Raphinha I have been wondering that there must be better value out there especially with someone like Paratici on the case. Just look at our January window for example. Zaniolo seems to fit that criteria. Rumoured to cost £42m as opposed to Raphinha at £65m, who is massively overpriced imo. For that money you’d want almost guarantees on what he’s gonna do in the future and I don’t think his performances (whilst good) does that. Or you’d want to see what we’ve seen and him be 21, 22 but he’s 25.

If we get Zaniolo we could then also get a proper centre forward like Osimhen for example.

The only problem is Zaniolo isn't very good.

16 goals & 8 assists in his career, pretty poor for an attacker

The only problem is Zaniolo isn't very good.

16 goals & 8 assists in his career, pretty poor for an attacker
Where are you getting those numbers from?
I’m sure he as scored more than 20 as he almost hit double figures last season
And don’t forget who he has been playing for… a poor Roma side mainly

He is a CM and a good one at that but no where near as versatile
Zaniolo had the poet goal to be world class
But I’m not sure how his injuries will work over here
But he has come back from 2 ACLs to look at good as he did before
Not sure about that. I've known pellegrini to play CM, ACM and LWF, whereas I've only ever seen Zaniolo at RWF and ACM. I.e. Pellegrini would be an option in a two man CM, as well as two of the AM positions

Not sure about that. I've known pellegrini to play CM, ACM and LWF, whereas I've only ever seen Zaniolo at RWF and ACM. I.e. Pellegrini would be an option in a two man CM, as well as two of the AM positions
I’ve never seen him play anywhere other than in midfield
He is a Good player

Whoscored have a good tool where you can filter a players records/numbers by position played - for example Pellegrini has played either AMC or LWF 60 times in the last 3 seasons at Roma vs 16 times in MC/L or R

Back