• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Italy

Cochise

Steve Carr
All week I have been hearing/seeing rumours pop up regarding Baldini being in Italy to close deals for a number of players. Frankly I don't get any of them. Vucinic may do a job for us up front but I doubt the guy would be happy sitting behind Ade and Soldado, not only that but really we need to see Lamela getting time on the field and bringing in a player who can offer competition for him might not be great at this time.

The comes Fredy Guarin, a player from what I've seen who isn't going to offer us anything different to what we have in Paulinho and Dembele. Given the question marks surrounding our eventual choice of system and the emergence of Bentaleb do we really need another player in this position?

The last one is Berardi. This one I do understand, it's typical Tottenham, a young upcoming player. That said he looks a real talent and we would be unlikely to obtain his signature.

I'll admit to not knowing the most about the Italian league, but what I do want to know is what these players could bring to the club. Are we looking at players who will just give us a useful option or players who will make an immediate difference to the starting 11?

Personally I think it's the press using Baldinis Italian background as putting 2+2 together and coming up with 3.142

It's not like we only shopped there in the summer and we don't have a string track record of buying from the Italian league

Have you ever heard the Irish guy on Talk****e who covers Italian football for them? He sounds most of the time like he has just made up everything and hasn't got a clue IMO

It's a strange league over there at the moment as their is clearly a dearth in quality overall and it's not as competitive as it used to be IMO. The game hasn't evolved much either from what I've seen of it which is why I think players form that league suffer when going abroad. The team that has evolved is Juve and that's why they will walk the league IMO. Roma are arguably evolving this season too but personally I Wouldn't look at olayers there as my only choice unless there were proven in other leagues

Are we looking at players who will just give us a useful option or players who will make an immediate difference to the starting 11?

a bit of both possibly - id personally imagine that we view the current squad not far from being where we want it - one or two positions aside maybe and that we'll mostly be focusing on up and coming signings, players that have the potential to be the next Bale/Modric/Sandro etc

It'll be Dodo IMO.

Originally a Baldini signing from Corinthians.

And with Bastos and Balzaretti, they now have 3 LBs (and don't even play with traditional FBs)

All week I have been hearing/seeing rumours pop up regarding Baldini being in Italy to close deals for a number of players. Frankly I don't get any of them. Vucinic may do a job for us up front but I doubt the guy would be happy sitting behind Ade and Soldado, not only that but really we need to see Lamela getting time on the field and bringing in a player who can offer competition for him might not be great at this time.

The comes Fredy Guarin, a player from what I've seen who isn't going to offer us anything different to what we have in Paulinho and Dembele. Given the question marks surrounding our eventual choice of system and the emergence of Bentaleb do we really need another player in this position?

The last one is Berardi. This one I do understand, it's typical Tottenham, a young upcoming player. That said he looks a real talent and we would be unlikely to obtain his signature.

I'll admit to not knowing the most about the Italian league, but what I do want to know is what these players could bring to the club. Are we looking at players who will just give us a useful option or players who will make an immediate difference to the starting 11?

I'd say Vucinic would be a very smart signing. He's a younger Berbatov but without the baggage. Importantly though his primary position in recent seasons has been left of a 4-3-3, so as well as being our 3rd option at CF, he could play on the left and allow Eriksen to go back into CM alongside Sandro and Paulinho.

I similarly don't think Juve will let Berardi go at all - he's the next big Italian CF (the heir to Toni and Vieri).

It may also not neccessarily be about US buying players but maybe selling them too ;)

We have two Italian internationals joining West Ham. Methinks Serie A isn't all that any longer.

It may also not neccessarily be about US buying players but maybe selling them too ;)

I'm not sure our DoF would travel to Italy for the purpose of selling Capoue. Surely the buying club would be over here wooing him/us.

It much more likely that Franco got the weekend off, like everyone else at the club, because of being out of the cup. They are on winter break in Serie A, so he wouldn't have been scouting.

I'm not sure our DoF would travel to Italy for the purpose of selling Capoue. Surely the buying club would be over here wooing him/us.

It much more likely that Franco got the weekend off, like everyone else at the club, because of being out of the cup. They are on winter break in Serie A, so he wouldn't have been scouting.
you what?? they have been back playing in Serie A since the beginning of the year

yes its very possible Baldini is out in Italy trying offload a few of our players as well as eyeing up some new talent...why not, he is a DoF after all

We have two Italian internationals joining West Ham. Methinks Serie A isn't all that any longer.

Nocerino has 15 caps for Italy at 28 years of age, Borriello has 7 at 31.

For comparison Downing has 34 caps for England at 29, Carroll has 9 at 25.

(All numbers from Wikipedia, so pinch of salt needed, but should be close-ish)

Italy won the world cup not too long ago, though neither of them were in that squad.

yes its very possible Baldini is out in Italy trying offload a few of our players as well as eyeing up some new talent...why not, he is a DoF after all

Because our squad is pretty trim and I doubt any Italian club would be particularly interested in BAE, Livermore, Khumalo or Falque (the only players left that we don't really need/could use to raise some funds from).

I also don't think we'll be wanting to sell anyone until the manager situation is resolved in the summer.

Amazingly, both are better than those English players you listed. Just shows how talented the Italian squad has been that they haven't had a look in. Also shows how dreadful the England team has been that Downing has been allowed that many.

Amazingly, both are better than those English players you listed. Just shows how talented the Italian squad has been that they haven't had a look in. Also shows how dreadful the England team has been that Downing has been allowed that many.

Milner has 44 caps and Phil Neville got 59.

Not all that long ago players of the calibre of Mabbutt, Le Tissier, Clough, Wright, Fowler, Cole etc. couldn't get near the squad.

Inter usually only have 1 or 2 Italians in their first 11. Milan and Juve are not that much better in that regards.

In England, the only key English players for City, Arsenal and Chelsea are Joe Hart, Walcott and Wheelchair. John Terry, Ashley Cole and Lampard are now past it.

Inter usually only have 1 or 2 Italians in their first 11. Milan and Juve are not that much better in that regards.

In England, the only key English players for City, Arsenal and Chelsea are Joe Hart, Walcott and Wheelchair. John Terry, Ashley Cole and Lampard are now past it.

Erm what?

Abbiati, Abate, di Sciglio, Poli, Montolivo, Balotelli, el Sharaaway all play for AC Milan.

Buffon, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Marchisio, Giovinco, Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo all play for Juventus.

Not to mention the depth both have with Italian players.

I imagine you don't actually watch Serie A, which is fine, but lets not pretend the top teams in Italy don't have top class Italian players in their teams.

Inter are a special case though, the clue is in their name: F.C. Internazionale Milano

Back