• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is Gascoigne Going to Have a Crack? 90s Spurs book (15th April 2024)

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
Hi everyone,

Delighted to share that I have a book about Spurs in the 90s being published and due out in April of this year. The title is Is Gascoigne Going to Have a Crack? Spurs in the 90s - Magic, Mayhem and Mediocrity.

It's a season-by-season chronology of Spurs in the 90s. Julie Welch has written the foreword and there are contributions from Gerry Francis and David Howells (who I spoke with personally) as well as many other prominent Spurs podcasters and bloggers including our very own @thfcsteff!

It's out on 15th April (tantalisingly the day after the '91 FA Cup Semi-Final!) but pre-sales are now open here

Hope it might be of interest to some of you but please do share with your Spurs supporting networks.

Hi everyone,

Delighted to share that I have a book about Spurs in the 90s being published and due out in April of this year. The title is Is Gascoigne Going to Have a Crack? Spurs in the 90s - Magic, Mayhem and Mediocrity.

It's a season-by-season chronology of Spurs in the 90s. Julie Welch has written the foreword and there are contributions from Gerry Francis and David Howells (who I spoke with personally) as well as many other prominent Spurs podcasters and bloggers including our very own @thfcsteff!

It's out on 15th April (tantalisingly the day after the '91 FA Cup Semi-Final!) but pre-sales are now open here

Hope it might be of interest to some of you but please do share with your Spurs supporting networks.

Shared

Best of luck with it

Hi everyone,

Great stuff, well done mate. I’ll definitely be buying this, had a season ticket throughout this period so should bring back some memories, although probably not all of them good!

Sold! Like many, this was my first full decade supporting Spurs. I can’t wait to read this, well done pal!

Im going to order this now. from the early 1990's until around 2004 I was home and away. ill be able to relive many an away day. Looks great.

Only available in the UK? ( edit: seems so. I live in Canada now so ill get it send to my mums )

I just read the blurb. You used to write for MEHSTG, thats cool. I used to love buying all the fanzines back in the day.

Last edited:
Just giving this a shameless bump as just 8 weeks until release now. I'm doing a weekly chapter preview on twitter which I thought I'd share on here to see if it brings up any memories.

This week previewing 92/93 titled 'Hope Springs Eternal' and relates to the wonderful spring period when teddy, Anderton and Barmby really clicked and we went on an incredible run of 6 successive wins scoring 19 goals (Teddy with 10 which culminated in an England call-up when that was a big deal!)

In this chapter I spoke with Paul Coyte (about the heartbreak of the FA Cup SF defeat to Arsenal) and got Julie Welch's take on the very acrimonious split between Sugar and Venables which produced one of the most unedifying moments in the club history with multiple court cases!
On the field we ended up 8th but did the double over Arsenal. We lost 16-0 on aggregate in Yorkshire and you may also remember Jason Cundy's halfway line goal against Ipswich. We beat Emirates Marketing Project 4 times (3 times away) including an iconic FA Cup QF in which Nayim scored a hat trick and the game was halted due to a pitch invasion!

What are your memories of the season?

Attachments

• 92=93 Nayim v Emirates Marketing Project.jpg
    92=93 Nayim v Emirates Marketing Project.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 92-92 Paul Coyte.jpg
    92-92 Paul Coyte.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 92-93 Teddy.jpg
    92-93 Teddy.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 9
I remember the misery of that semi final. I still think that we should have had a pen when Linighan brought down Shaggy, it was right in front of where we were sitting. I think that just before the free kick from Adams scored, Ian Wight was taking an age to get his boot back on before going into the penalty late, maybe a distraction for our defenders, especially Mabbs who went to cover him.
The feeling going back down Wembley was horrible (obviously) compared to two years earlier. "Where's your double gone?" to the tune of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep, had been replaced by "Donkey won the derby" from those clams.

Back