• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ipod dock

I have a B&W Zepplin and its fantastic, blows the crappy Bose stuff away. Although they are a tad more expensive.

280_product_1_big.jpg

Or go for the Sonos Play5 a bit more money but sounds great and offers much better connectivity and control than just a dock.

I have a sonos system throughout my house and love it.

Last edited:
Well wirth the money mate, I used to sell these along with Bose, Meridian, Arcam to name but a few and this is the best pound for pound dock going.

I paid ?ú300 but did get staff discount, I think you can pick them up around ?ú450

Well wirth the money mate, I used to sell these along with Bose, Meridian, Arcam to name but a few and this is the best pound for pound dock going.

I paid ?ú300 but did get staff discount, I think you can pick them up around ?ú450

cool thanks

I have a B&W Zepplin and its fantastic, blows the crappy Bose stuff away. Although they are a tad more expensive.

280_product_1_big.jpg

Or go for the Sonos Play5 a bit more money but sounds great and offers much better connectivity and control than just a dock.

I have a sonos system throughout my house and love it.

Thanks for all the inputs, seems that the Bose is the only one in the ?ú200 range that i want to spend.

Thanks again

B&W do a smaller one in that price range-ish.

UPWZTTzgRXBj2Zs9Y2u42pSBH4BVLZDRg0F7RpSUfSYXfXlA3no-Xcv03TQCotWq6b3V4R9eeMvoSb4SC3_vHmQyVWIgm4g44Nc2H2Vaiao96QvJpuLQEnHUlWQT7RuHBPltMjINtLNLxlRxhZYepo2sVYoj5tRbR3qNL1tge88gH7HCPGwdDpAi6La-vXESzFTAffdMf1kw7w0CPJyYGXZniEEW2YZCcVleZ0HLbYXVtqq4rfmdCcArcCWTS_KxVo7SNUR_hy3NCu4TW1l5xvkWnbx4WQ

Also have a listen to, if you can, the Vita Audio R2i.

VitaR2i_black_large_what_HiFi.jpg

Do what Boonie says fork out a bit more and go with a sonos system you can add to it gradually as well

On a similar note (slight thread hijack), I'm looking for a really cheap DAB alarm clock with iPod dock.

I really don't want much from it, as most of our house is zoned via my main system but I want somthing that's a little less tinny than our current ?ú20 piece of crap. Any ideas?

Do what Boonie says fork out a bit more and go with a sonos system you can add to it gradually as well

Thanks again

I think i will have to pay a little more & go for the Sonos System! It was going to be Bose, but, the Sonos idea seems ideal.

I have a iphone 4s, Acer Iconia 500 tab, my laptop is a Sony Vaio about 4 years old, and my Partner has a HTC Wildfire, will i be able to use all these systems with the Sonos?

Cheers

Iphone - yes - iPhone App
HTC - Yes - Android App
Acer Iconia 500 - Yes - Android App
Sony Viao - Yes - Sonos Software
Add a nas drive with all your music on board and you are sorted.

I cant reccomend the Sonos stuff enough, it works brilliantly and if you take out a napster basic account you can access millions of albums.

Last edited:
I have a regular laptop and use Microsoft Zune and have a Zune pass for unlimited downloads, also have a hefty harddrive of about 100gbs of additional stuff. Would the Sonos stuff all work with that?

Iphone - yes - iPhone App
HTC - Yes - Android App
Acer Iconia 500 - Yes - Android App
Sony Viao - Yes - Sonos Software
Add a nas drive with all your music on board and you are sorted.

I cant reccomend the Sonos stuff enough, it works brilliantly and if you take out a napster basic account you can access millions of albums.

Thanks Boonie
one more question.
my kids have ipods, can they be played through this system? Is there a connection point?

This looks a quality system.

Back