• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Iphone Home Button Working Sporadically..

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
All of a sudden its stopped working, anything I can do to try and remedy this without having to send it back to orange get a new phone etc..

Ive not spilt anything on it

Try these:
The Home button is slow to respond

1.If the Home button is slow to respond when exiting one application, try another application.
2.If the issue exists only in certain applications, try removing and reinstalling those applications. For further assistance in installing and troubleshooting applications see this article
3.If the issue continues, Try turning iPhone off and then on again. If the iPhone will not restart, try resetting it.
4.If the issue is still happening, try to restore the iPhone
5.Seek service is the issue is still occurring.

The Home button is not working

1.Put the iPhone to sleep.
2.Wait a couple of seconds.
3.Press the Home button.
4.iPhone should wake up.
5.If iPhone does not wake up, then iPhone should be serviced.

And if all that doesn't work, might be easier going to an Apple Store and asking them to take a look at it. Could be a faster fix than sending it back to Orange. Could be. No guarantees. They've got a 50% success record on my service queries!

The home button died on my original 3G and it needed a replacement. Started the same, wouldn't work from time to time, then you had to press it a little harder (which obviously makes things worse) until it eventually stopped working.

I hear chucking it in the bin and getting a Blackberry Bold 2 works like a charm.

Definitely needs replacing mate.

The only thing you can do for now is this:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch and turn it ON

essentially its an on screen home button, thats the best you can do for now

Definitely needs replacing mate.

The only thing you can do for now is this:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch and turn it ON

essentially its an on screen home button, thats the best you can do for now

Magic you are a star, am going to get an apt at my nearest apple store to get it fixed / replaced

This happened on mine, couldn't replicate it in the Lakeside Apple store but they swapped it out anyway.

Back