• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Interview

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Ok, I'm leaving from here in an hour for an interview, anyone have any last minute tips?

Anyone have one word to try and include within the interview? I always think that takes the edge off the rest of the interview, if you can somehow find a place to pigeon hole the word in to conversation without it looking too awkward. That way, you are concerned about that word, less panicked about the answers which you should already know and you are more likely to flow, or at least that's my thinking.

Interview them aswell. You wanna make sure the job and company is right for you also as much as they wanna make sure you are right for them.

Interview them aswell. You wanna make sure the job and company is right for you also as much as they wanna make sure you are right for them.

Thanks, I think I'll give that a try, want to make sure that there are opportunities for development, otherwise it might not be worth it in the long term.

No real tips other than good eye contact and posture... Think body language is important but this is prob common knowledge. I had an internal interview at my place for a slightly higher position bout 3 weeks ago (stll waiting to hear back actually).
Found it slightly intimidating as there were 3 people in the room, 1 asking questions whilst the other 2 were taking notes. But i tried to make eye contact with all 3 making sure i was seen to be addressing all of them rather than just the one asking questions.

Not much else i can bring to the table really but hope that helps and all the best of luck mate

i would say be confident (but not arrogant)

remember you are sitting there because you are good enough for the job

make sure you put across an accurate representation of yourself

make sure you get a feel of what the company is about

do your flies up.

I once attended an interview with an unseen split in my trousers, and amazingly, a split in my boxers. I looked down at the end of the interview to stand up and saw my old chap just hanging out. I got the job.

Im crap in the few interviews i have been in, i think its because i a crap actor if your the same only go for jobs you actually want. I think it comes across when you dont want the job.

Back from the interview, think it went ok but won't find out how I was scored on the interview until later this week. I will then find out if I have the job within the next 2 weeks as they are going to be interviewing candidates right up until about the 7th March.

Back from the interview, think it went ok but won't find out how I was scored on the interview until later this week. I will then find out if I have the job within the next 2 weeks as they are going to be interviewing candidates right up until about the 7th March.

That's a horrible length of time to have to wait, i wouldn't be able to keep it from my mind. Generally, I find if you didn't feel at any point during it you were really winging it and that you chatted and got to know them as well as answering the questions you'll get the job. When i interview people i can't help but be more friendly to the really good candidates as you start to imagine them working with you.

Yeah seems our management are dragging it out too. Had my interview on the 9th, was all told (4 of us went for it but only 1 or 2 positions) that we would know "soon". Problem with it being an internal recruitment interview is that it breeds rumours! Everyone seems to "know" (or think) who will get the job and it's not fair on the 4 of us... Especially as we were told that we'd get our letters last wednesday!

But try not to think about it (easier said than done i know) and fingers crossed for ya

good luck mate (unless its the job just applied for of course 8))

Back