• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

International break - some questions about our players.

chancer

Gudni Bergsson
So...

1. When do all the international players head off? Presumably over the next day or two?

2. Do they have a training session or debrief at Hotspur Way today/tomorrow before that? (I notice Andros saying on Twitter he's watching TV all day).

3. How many of our players are away? Probably a lot.

4. Are most of them auto starters for their countries?

5. What kind of recovery/training time do they have before the Norwich game.

I'm pretty sure Hodgson aired his concerns over certain players not having their futures tied up before meeting today for international duty. Also, Benzema's agent has said today that he will not be allowed to speak to another club, even if he wished to, by the French FA.

Townsend saying he will be watching, I assume, will mean tonight

Of course AVB is watching TV, he's eagerly awaiting Brian Swansong's announcement that the transfer window has slammed shut.

I'm sick of the transfer window now. Not the dates of the window which have come under scrutiny, just Sky and the coverage of it. So glad I won't have to see Damesh Sheth trying to feign interest in some unnamed Bundesliga club sniffing around a QPR reserve player for at least 6 months. And Jim White, well he has somehow developed into the notion that he is a celebrity. I mean an advertising campaign for a news channel showing him getting his make up done? Get a grip

Sky will be pinching themselves at the amount of money being spent, saying how it's a record breaking transfer, then tomorrow condemn the reckless abandon of clubs to spend such money with FFP coming in.

I for one will not be tuning in tonight

Of course AVB is watching TV, he's eagerly awaiting Brian Swansong's announcement that the transfer window has slammed shut.

I know for a fact Rodgers will be watching, to see if we are in for any more players.

Illori? AVB knew all about him from his days in Portugal and obviously thought about signing him at some point.

Sakho? We've been linked with him since before the new rich owners at PSG.

Moses? ****, we've been linked with him since he parted the red sea. Or at least since he was at Wigan.

#GetYouOwnScouts! ;)

SPURS INTERNATIONAL PREVIEW

Tom Carroll, Harry Kane and Zeki Fryers kick-off a busy spell of international football for our players on Thursday night.

All three are in the England Under-21 squad for the first round of qualifying matches for the 2015 European U21 Championships against Moldova on Thursday and Finland away next Monday.

Tom is looking for a third cap at Under-21 level, Harry his second while Zeki is called up for the first time after representing England at Under-16, 17 and 19 levels.

Meanwhile, Jordan Archer is with the Scotland squad for a qualifier against Holland in Nijmegen.

We have 11 players in World Cup qualifying action on Friday. Andros Townsend is in the senior England squad for the first time alongside Kyle Walker and Jermain Defoe as the Three Lions take on Moldova at Wembley on Friday.

Our three Belgian internationals Nacer Chadli, Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele make the short trip to Glasgow, where they face Scotland at Hampden Park. Belgium currently top Group A.

New signings Vlad Chiriches, Christian Eriksen and Roberto Soldado all face WCQ – Vlad is with Romania for the home match against Hungary, Christian is in Malta with Denmark and Roberto travels to Finland with Spain.

Hugo Lloris is expected to captain France again as they travel to Georgia and Gylfi Sigurdsson faces Switzerland away with Iceland.

The first round of internationals is completed on Saturday with Paulinho in the Brazil squad for a friendly against Australia.

It all then starts again next week with Under-21 qualifiers on Monday and World Cup qualifiers on Tuesday.

So if we were to put out a team of internationals (just based on this week's competitive fixtures) we'd have...

.......................... Lloris
......... Walker .... Chiriches ..... Vertonghen
Townsend .... Dembele .... Sigurdsson .... Chadli
........................ Eriksen
................. Defoe .... Soldado

OK, so three man defences are out of fashion these days, but that's still a decent team in anyone's book.

EDIT: Had to replace Paulinho with Sigurdsson as I realised Brazil is only playing a friendly.

Last edited:
Is he even in the Belgian squad?

On a serious note has he even been called up? I was under the impression he hadn't quite become a regular in the Argentina squad yet.

3 caps i think i read somewhere

Back