• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Inter Ratings

Dembele was our only player that stood out

He did well in certain aspects but you can't play a major part in conceding two goals and still have an outstanding performance. He was unfortunate to be played on the wing but he should be clever enough to know when he's got to cover for Walker. If that meant playing more conservatively then it's not a problem, we had a three goal lead to hold on to.

He did well in certain aspects but you can't play a major part in conceding two goals and still have an outstanding performance. He was unfortunate to be played on the wing but he should be clever enough to know when he's got to cover for Walker. If that meant playing more conservatively then it's not a problem, we had a three goal lead to hold on to.

That is a good point, I should rephrase an say going forward he looked our best threat which isn't saying much. Everyone needs to up their game if we want a result Sunday that is certain.

It just goes to show quite what a good job that Lennon does tracking back when you see that first goal last night plus the first goal at Anfield, as both might have been prevented had Dembele been covering like Aaron invariably does when Walker is out of position.

Livermore is there basicaly to run, tackle and pass simple. He did that yesterday and that's generally what he always does.

Don't get me wrong, it was a solid enough performance last night but nothing exceptional, and I think to be CM for Spurs you need a bit more than that. He just won't get the minutes at Spurs to kick on to the next level and so a loan spell would serve him well.

Not often I air my views on this forum, usually just read away at your interesting comments. So please tell me to shut the chuff up if I am way out of order.

Scott Parker really has to move on at the end of the season, the guy is so limited in what he can do its embarrassing. Ok he can tackle, receive the ball then pass it back to who ever he receives it from, or he might run around in a tight circle then pass it back!! He also has tendency to make run with a ball then suddenly think "oh brick what do I do now" and run into an opponent and fall over. Runs around like a chicken with no head.

Poor display by the team without a doubt, but we are through and that is what matters. Dembele MOM for me.

It just goes to show quite what a good job that Lennon does tracking back when you see that first goal last night plus the first goal at Anfield, as both might have been prevented had Dembele been covering like Aaron invariably does when Walker is out of position.

Lennon had some brilliant block yesterday one stood out towards the end of second extra time and Cassano was lining up a shot he came out of nowhere to block it

Lennon had some brilliant block yesterday one stood out towards the end of second extra time and Cassano was lining up a shot he came out of nowhere to block it

saw that too. I was expecting more from the commentators about it but it's ITV.

Not often I air my views on this forum, usually just read away at your interesting comments. So please tell me to shut the chuff up if I am way out of order.

Scott Parker really has to move on at the end of the season, the guy is so limited in what he can do its embarrassing. Ok he can tackle, receive the ball then pass it back to who ever he receives it from, or he might run around in a tight circle then pass it back!! He also has tendency to make run with a ball then suddenly think "oh brick what do I do now" and run into an opponent and fall over. Runs around like a chicken with no head.

You are right he is limited but he is still good cover. I think his days as a starter are done when we are at full strength.

He was doing my head in last night with those ridiculous 360 turns he does

i said elsewere on here that i think he will go in the summer, he has been good for us but we need better now.

I think the stand out poor performance last night was by AVB.

Bad decision to both play Friedel and play a high line, bad decision to play two strikers.

It's a universal rule of football that you can make it very difficult for the opposing team to score by playing 9 men behind the ball and being defensively disciplined.

The place was 4/5th empty, Inter weren't really up for it, if we'd have got to 30 mins at 0-0 they'd probably have given up, and Parker wouldn't have had to play 120 mins, Lennon wouldn't have had to come on, and we wouldn't have compromised ourselves in the game against Fulham.

Livermore is there basicaly to run, tackle and pass simple. He did that yesterday and that's generally what he always does.

I would have been happy with that except he didnt pass simple... and when he did try to pass simple - he fudged up.

You can say that many players didnt pass 'simple' BUT he has previous.

And as I said on the previous page he completed 56 of 60 passes so he did keep it simple and no he didn't keep fudging it up.

And as I said on the previous page he completed 56 of 60 passes so he did keep it simple and no he didn't keep fudging it up.

What is it with stats? whats the obsession on this forum with stats?

Jenas also used to keep it 'simple' yet he was literally abused on these forums - yet I bet his 'sideways' passing was just as good as Livermores. I like Livermore as he puts in effort etc but I can also see his pure limitations.

I said he's there to run, tackle and play it simple. You said he didn't play it simple and kept giving it away. I've given you the facts that show that wasn't the case. I don't care what his limitations are and what Jenas used to do? Misplacing 4 of 60 passes does not equate to "constantly fudging it up".

We can't solve anything sitting typing away behind our keyboards, either on the pitch or in the boardroom. Yet here we all are still, writing away to no end.

Really? So in your view, when exactly is it appropriate for a fan to air their views on how the team could improve? We've ascertained that is is unacceptable to do it in a good run. We can't do it when we've lost 2 in a row. Do fans wait until we've lost 5 in a row before they're allowed to air any criticism of the team before you won't have a low opinion of them?

No team is perfect and there will always be improvements to be made, faults in the team which can be changed. And while I think there is a hint of exaggeration in that post, I do agree that in terms of footballing intelligence (however you want to define that), our team is actually quite dumb. A lot of excellent players in there but in terms of the pass and move or incisive passing, a lot of our otherwise excellent players don't possess that.

This. I agree

What is it with stats? whats the obsession on this forum with stats?

Jenas also used to keep it 'simple' yet he was literally abused on these forums - yet I bet his 'sideways' passing was just as good as Livermores. I like Livermore as he puts in effort etc but I can also see his pure limitations.

Stats aren't the be all and end all but in this scenario I think he's got you there...

It wasn't an easy game to shine in, I don't think he was utterly dreadful and he wasn't good either.

If he'd given the ball away like Dembele did for one of the goals he'd have been hung drawn and quartered for it.

Livermore has shown in the right system which plays to his strengths he can be a very useful player, I still think he will come good this season and be a useful part of the squad.

We can't solve anything sitting typing away behind our keyboards, either on the pitch or in the boardroom. Yet here we all are still, writing away to no end.

Really? So in your view, when exactly is it appropriate for a fan to air their views on how the team could improve? We've ascertained that is is unacceptable to do it in a good run. We can't do it when we've lost 2 in a row. Do fans wait until we've lost 5 in a row before they're allowed to air any criticism of the team before you won't have a low opinion of them?

No team is perfect and there will always be improvements to be made, faults in the team which can be changed. And while I think there is a hint of exaggeration in that post, I do agree that in terms of footballing intelligence (however you want to define that), our team is actually quite dumb. A lot of excellent players in there but in terms of the pass and move or incisive passing, a lot of our otherwise excellent players don't possess that.

Yeah our team does lack "clever" players (like Modric, Berbatov, VdV) and is currently made up mostly of great athletes (Bale, Walker, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro) and grafters (Parker, Dawson). Fingers crossed that AVB has already got some creative players lined up for the summer transfer window that Levy considers attainable.

Stats aren't the be all and end all but in this scenario I think he's got you there...

It wasn't an easy game to shine in, I don't think he was utterly dreadful and he wasn't good either.

If he'd given the ball away like Dembele did for one of the goals he'd have been hung drawn and quartered for it.

Livermore has shown in the right system which plays to his strengths he can be a very useful player, I still think he will come good this season and be a useful part of the squad.

I dont dislike Livermore - he is just SO damn limited and not withstanding I think he is a player that will always be a sub and is useful for ten mins to run around and unsettle the opposition - such as against Arse when he came on. Away against Inter? fudge that.

Back