• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Insomnia

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Is a pain in the backside, been having restless nights a lot recently.

The hypochondriac side of me worries it is related to some deeper neurological disease. A little over a year ago I managed to convince myself I had Motor Neuron Disease, the wife says it is because I get bored easily and my mind needs things to occupy it.

I got out my Latvian translation books but I am bored of them, sky sports news is boring, I could go for a jog or have a ****, all I want to do is sleep.

Did think about going up and down the road (12 houses) and scrapping frosts off everyone's cars just to confuse them.

Go to the docs and ask for a low dose of Amitriptyline - 10 or 25mg - and that should help. They're not addictive like actual sleeping tablets and should help you get a better night's sleep.

And don't drink tea or coffee after about 6PM, unless it's decaf. Try red bush tea instead - watch out for caffeine in painkillers as well. Don't eat too late either. Melatonin tablets can help as well - actually, try all that stuff before going to the docs.

Read a not too taxing book as well or develop a not too taxing hobby, and resolve any unresolved issues that might be causing anxiety.

I hate it on a sunday night when you have had a lovely weekend and then you start thinking about work !!!!

I hate it on a sunday night when you have had a lovely weekend and then you start thinking about work !!!!

Doc can advise. Prescribed sleeping pills/meds may work well, but it can then be difficult to get off them, or at least in my experience. I first went on them after a very serious accident, afterwhich I was in a lot of pain most every night and would wake up because of it. That was 3 years ago and have been on them ever since. Don't really like taking them, and would like not to, but they do get you some sleep, which was important in my case because if morning came and I hadn't slept and was then in pain then I was a total mare the next day.Also try to get on a schedule and go to bed at same time each night, not too early or late.

I've never held much, if any, faith in the Glenn Hoddle school of thought but recently a "Sleep Hypnosis App" was featured in an article of that months top apps. I still have nights where I can't sleep but more often than not I suffer from "Premature Waking Disorder" which does what it says on the tin - I may not get to sleep til half one but then I'll wake up at half three and that's me til the next morning!!

But I tried this app just to see what it was really and I can safely say that as much as it sounds like gob****e, the bird talking tells you to relax etc and I've never got past a certain point still awake.

My problem at the moment is I keep waking up at five with my left arm in pain as if I've sleep funny - can't lay on that side and have to prop it up with pillows. Feels like I've dislocated it, it's that sort of pain. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

My sleep pattern is shot

I suffer from all kinds of stuff, early to bed, late to rise. Late to sleep, early to rise. Up regular every hour. Wide awake at 5, fall asleep at 7 and dead to world.

I just go with the flow

My sleep pattern is shot

I suffer from all kinds of stuff, early to bed, late to rise. Late to sleep, early to rise. Up regular every hour. Wide awake at 5, fall asleep at 7 and dead to world.

I just go with the flow

So how's Uni? ;)

Doc can advise. Prescribed sleeping pills/meds may work well, but it can then be difficult to get off them, or at least in my experience. I first went on them after a very serious accident, afterwhich I was in a lot of pain most every night and would wake up because of it. That was 3 years ago and have been on them ever since. Don't really like taking them, and would like not to, but they do get you some sleep, which was important in my case because if morning came and I hadn't slept and was then in pain then I was a total mare the next day.Also try to get on a schedule and go to bed at same time each night, not too early or late.

Are you taking zopiclone? You really want to try and come off those - they're great for a few weeks but your brain gets used to them and it becomes impossible to sleep without them even more so than before. I developed quite a serious addiction to them a few years back - a 8-10 a day habit at one point - that would be a fatal overdose to a someone without a tolerance for them. It was nightmare trying to get off them and had some pretty hardcore withdrawal symptoms. I managed to quit completely a couple of years ago, which is a good job as they were made a class C drug last year - so you can't get the nice little packet from Hong Kong every month and I would have been reduced to getting them drug dealers - that's probably happened to a lot of Zopheads recently.

Is a pain in the backside, been having restless nights a lot recently.

The hypochondriac side of me worries it is related to some deeper neurological disease. A little over a year ago I managed to convince myself I had Motor Neuron Disease, the wife says it is because I get bored easily and my mind needs things to occupy it.

I got out my Latvian translation books but I am bored of them, sky sports news is boring, I could go for a jog or have a ****, all I want to do is sleep.

Did think about going up and down the road (12 houses) and scrapping frosts off everyone's cars just to confuse them.
I'd get up and do something else, listen to some music or something. Screens are meant to be bad because the light wakes you up, so SSN and this place would be out I guess. Read somewhere (BBC I think) the whole 8 hours thing is supposed to be a bit of a myth, a relatively modern idea, people used to do **** in the middle of the night, just went with it like Grays the Stoodent.

You should go to the docs and get some bloodwork done, thyroid and stuff like that.

I had so many tests last year what I think my problem is I read things online and then I get that psychosomatic thing. Funny though because an over active thyroid would explain why I put a little weight on despite not eating more then usual. I am 13 stone 9 which is fcuking huge for me, because I am never usually over 13 stone.

I'd get up and do something else, listen to some music or something. Screens are meant to be bad because the light wakes you up, so SSN and this place would be out I guess. Read somewhere (BBC I think) the whole 8 hours thing is supposed to be a bit of a myth, a relatively modern idea, people used to do **** in the middle of the night, just went with it like Grays the Stoodent.

Have you ever taken the over the counter stuff ?

I am yawning so much now but if I have a snooze I wont sleep tonight.

Have you ever taken the over the counter stuff ?

I am yawning so much now but if I have a snooze I wont sleep tonight.

But you won't sleep tonight anyway ;) I just started cat napping when I was struggling. That amatryptaline or whatever it is made me feel like I was pulled out of my nut and not in a good way, I was given zimmerphane when I was about 17 and I could still do a bottle of jack and smoke all night on them without feeling anything other than a buzz - then it was off to bed to constantly notice that my eyes were open as usual...

I had so many tests last year what I think my problem is I read things online and then I get that psychosomatic thing. Funny though because an over active thyroid would explain why I put a little weight on despite not eating more then usual. I am 13 stone 9 which is fcuking huge for me, because I am never usually over 13 stone.

Generally an over-active thyroid means you lose weight and have sleeping problems, and under-active means you gain weight, but I've got an underactive one and have never gained weight, have always hovered between 11 and 12 stones.

You should always ask them to give you the actual numbers as sometimes they can have an overly broad definition of normal. There's a blood test you can get for Hashiomoto's thyroiditis, which is what I have and is the commonest cause of thyroid problems and it would give you a definitive answer as to whether you've got a thyroid issue.

2am still not asleep. Since coming out of hospital my body clock is all over the shop. Sleeping during the day and up til 3/4am - not good considering I'm back to work on Monday.

Back