• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries

For the last few years we were playing a low block with little to no pressing. This season we're doing a lot more high intensity sprints. It's going to lead to muscle injuries.

True, but there's not many of the same players. Only Son, Davies and Hojbjerg really have been here more than a couple of years. van de Ven, Sarr, Johnson and Scarlett weren't playing for Conte; only Romero did.

Also also an EPL wide issue this season, not just us.

True, but there's not many of the same players. Only Son, Davies and Hojbjerg really have been here more than a couple of years. van de Ven, Sarr, Johnson and Scarlett weren't playing for Conte; only Romero did.

Also also an EPL wide issue this season, not just us.
Yes, but leaving aside that they are different players, in general teams that do a lot of high intensity sprints pick up more muscle injuries than those that don't. I do agree that waiting for VAR decisions and the fact that there's now actual more game time with the increased injury time added is going to push up the number of injuries.

Interesting stat. We know the 3. So I was interested to see who the 8 classed as injured are, now we have loaned out Perisic

Potential return date according to their sources
Kulusevski 26/1/24
Sessegnon 26/1/24
Maddison 31/1/24
Solomon 31/1/24
Lo Celso 10/2/24
Davies 17/2/24
Veliz 2/3/24
Scarlett No Return date

I know they are only predictions, but IF we can get through the period of Asian and AFCON with out any serious injuries, and bearing in mind with now have a mini-break from the league programme at the end of Feb thanks to Chelsea, we should have a full squad to play with for the big run-in

Hopefully with maybe an addition in midfield?

4 of the next 5 league games at home plus Everton away. A very important quintet of matches. Come out of that with 13 points and we are in a superb position for the last 3 months

Interesting stat. We know the 3. So I was interested to see who the 8 classed as injured are, now we have loaned out Perisic

Potential return date according to their sources
Kulusevski 26/1/24
Sessegnon 26/1/24
Maddison 31/1/24
Solomon 31/1/24
Lo Celso 10/2/24
Davies 17/2/24
Veliz 2/3/24
Scarlett No Return date

I know they are only predictions, but IF we can get through the period of Asian and AFCON with out any serious injuries, and bearing in mind with now have a mini-break from the league programme at the end of Feb thanks to Chelsea, we should have a full squad to play with for the big run-in

Hopefully with maybe an addition in midfield?

4 of the next 5 league games at home plus Everton away. A very important quintet of matches. Come out of that with 13 points and we are in a superb position for the last 3 months

I think this entire season will be a bit of "if we are in it at the end of the next month" type projections

For now, that seems to be mid-late February but that assumes everyone comes back from international duty fit and we don't pick up any new issues.

Nice in concept but a perfect example of stats without context means absolutely nothing.

The version of that chart that matters is -> number of first team players out
Exactly. If Veliz is out but we have 63 other players who would start ahead of him, it doesn't matter.

Any news on:

Lo Celso
Solomon
Sessengon

The only one we probably "need" at the minute is Lo Celso, it'd be really handy to have him around as an option to rotate Bentancur. He looked class for his appearance against Villa before he was "cash'd", looked unlike himself ever since his return. He's giving the ball away more than Pierre but not even in high risk high reward type situations. I do wonder whether it's fitness / system or possibly a mixture of both. Looks a bit tired but we don't want to start with Skipp and PEH if we can help it.

There wasn't a particular incident which injured Sess on his return was there? Can't remember who he played but it was a sub appearance where he looked alright and then another setback.

Maybe I'm a little harsh on Solomon but not sure he'd have more impact than Gill, just a youngish player who'll definitely run around for a bit when called upon for the last ten minutes. Arguably Bryan has the higher potential anyways...

The only one we probably "need" at the minute is Lo Celso, it'd be really handy to have him around as an option to rotate Bentancur. He looked class for his appearance against Villa before he was "cash'd", looked unlike himself ever since his return. He's giving the ball away more than Pierre but not even in high risk high reward type situations. I do wonder whether it's fitness / system or possibly a mixture of both. Looks a bit tired but we don't want to start with Skipp and PEH if we can help it.

There wasn't a particular incident which injured Sess on his return was there? Can't remember who he played but it was a sub appearance where he looked alright and then another setback.

Maybe I'm a little harsh on Solomon but not sure he'd have more impact than Gill, just a youngish player who'll definitely run around for a bit when called upon for the last ten minutes. Arguably Bryan has the higher potential anyways...

Re Sess I think there was a strong breeze that day.

I think Bentancur has probably just come back too quickly. He was meant to be out for 2 months but came back a month early. I’ve heard he went to Ange before Bournemouth and said we need bodies chuck me in. Wouldn’t blame Ange in the slightest for giving in. Not to mention he was only just recovering from the ACL. I really, really hope someone buries Cash late in the game if we’re on top and the game is wrapped up. Bring on some youngster and let them take one for the team, anyone, don’t care who as long as it’s not someone senior like Romero whose absence we would feel.

I think Bentancur has probably just come back too quickly. He was meant to be out for 2 months but came back a month early. I’ve heard he went to Ange before Bournemouth and said we need bodies chuck me in. Wouldn’t blame Ange in the slightest for giving in. Not to mention he was only just recovering from the ACL. I really, really hope someone buries Cash late in the game if we’re on top and the game is wrapped up. Bring on some youngster and let them take one for the team, anyone, don’t care who as long as it’s not someone senior like Romero whose absence we would feel.

Yeah, Bentancur is struggling but we absolutely needed him.

This weekend may be the last we have to start him, we can let the 6/7 options we will have by next week allow a little more recovery time.

To you GLC & Sess comment, not sure how people don't understand how bad Sess is, even to GLC or anyone else
Since 2019
Sess has played 86
Gio has played 148 games
Bentancur has played 167 games

Back