• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

It does seem our luck has been awful with injuries this season.
Hopefully Dele will be able to play in a cast of some kind.

Incredibly - with all those damning injuries and virtually a full season playing away from home - we are now only one game away from a CL semi final and still have a good chance of another top three finish. Speaks volumes of what our lads have achieved.

Now it's time for Kane to fudge England and do whatever it takes to be 100% fit for the start of next season. If there ever was a time for a long term surgical solution to his ankle problems, this is it. If it is an option.

I'm sure we'll see Alli for the City replay and most of the run in. He might not make the weekend, but they will find a way for him to play on.

Incredibly - with all those damning injuries and virtually a full season playing away from home - we are now only one game away from a CL semi final and still have a good chance of another top three finish. Speaks volumes of what our lads have achieved.

Now it's time for Kane to fudge England and do whatever it takes to be 400% fit for the start of next season. If there ever was a time for a long term surgical solution to his ankle problems, this is it. If it is an option.

I'm sure we'll see Alli for the City replay and most of the run in. He might not make the weekend, but they will find a way for him to play on.

Should fine Kane every time he mentions coming back for England in the Summer.

Now it's time for Kane to fudge England and do whatever it takes to be 400% fit for the start of next season. If there ever was a time for a long term surgical solution to his ankle problems, this is it. If it is an option.

Saw something earlier - the team we put out against City, we had not played that 11 all season. It was the first time. How crazy is that?

We must have?! But I would guess it was actually only a few times.

Ive been thinking about doing some digging into our injury situation, timing, longevity, what players etc...

Not entirely sure I can be bothered to make the effort but I am convinced it has been almost strategically bad - top players out one after the other (or two at a time), players missing. And Im convinced it has been worse than any other side.

I know there will be at least one wise guy coming along with the "every one thinks that about their team but actually its all more or less the same..." shtick, but I genuinely dont feel its been the same at all.

Started the season with No Son, Alderweireld, Lost Kane, Lost Alli, Lost Dier, Son went again, Dier injured again, Alli in and then out...

All through the season we have been playing a patched up/compromise side.

I cant think of another team that can say the same.

We must have?! But I would guess it was actually only a few times.

Ive been thinking about doing some digging into our injury situation, timing, longevity, what players etc...

Not entirely sure I can be bothered to make the effort but I am convinced it has been almost strategically bad - top players out one after the other (or two at a time), players missing. And Im convinced it has been worse than any other side.

I know there will be at least one wise guy coming along with the "every one thinks that about their team but actually its all more or less the same..." shtick, but I genuinely dont feel its been the same at all.

Started the season with No Son, Alderweireld, Lost Kane, Lost Alli, Lost Dier, Son went again, Dier injured again, Alli in and then out...

All through the season we have been playing a patched up/compromise side.

I cant think of another team that can say the same.

Well at one point this season we were setting a record for the most days lost to injury for a season and we were still left with 10/12 games IIRC

We have suffered a crazy amount this year and have had players nursing injuries whilst playing (like trippier)

To see players like Rashford and Lingard, plus Robertson pull out of internationals yet be fit to play club football really really annoys me

Should be a simple rule, not fit for country call up, miss he next club game too as clearly you need recuperation time

When/how did Dele break his hand? I missed that entirely. Was it on the longball the keeper caught, which is when he went down, or was it before that?

This season has been pretty awful with injuries. And for us to be where we are now (despite the recent slump) is nothing short of magic. Poch might be magic, you know.

You can keep trying to fudge us “mr injury” but we’ll just keep coming back stronger!!

3rd in the league, CL semi final, what else have you got MF’r?!?

Will be every incentive for the squad players to step up. But when is Kane due back? Winks, Lamela, Dier, Sissoko...?

Would Poch play Skipp this weekend? Why not. He was there ready to come on this evening, so should be mentally ready.

Back