• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Individual mistakes for goals

Exactly. Every goal is nearly a result of one error or another, or in a lot of cases a series of errors. You could say Mason made the first error, Dembele the 2nd (and probably critical error) and Dier the 3rd for their 1st goal.

Don't forget someone not wearing their lucky shirt.

Hopefully it's one of those Rose will learn from not to do again. I can kind of understand his thinking, the guy is bang smack in the middle of the goal, Rose can see the line and makes sure he is playing Valencia offside, looked a text book offside call at that point only for Sakho to sneak in.

No excuses for Rose though. He should do better, but he'll know that. What I like about him is that he does learn from mistakes. He was probably one of our best performers yesterday I thought

Well said. A thing I like about Rose is he seems mentally tough and doesn't let mistakes affect his confidence too much. In our set up the FB's really are exposed (unlike WHam's system for example). When you have Eriksen in front of you, and you are expected to push forward a lot too, its a tough ask, and not shocking that some defensive issues may arise at times. There are numerous right footed/sided players of some pedigree that he has to go up against (as opposed to RB's where there are fewer good left footed players to deal with). So LB is a very demanding position, especially in our set up. But anyway, from his play in a game you can't really tell too much whether Rose has made mistakes or not and his play doesn't really reflect it. Whereas with some other players, confidence is a huge factor, and they have a longer memory if you will. Nice to see him chipping in with some goals, too.

Last edited:
Exactly. Every goal is nearly a result of one error or another, or in a lot of cases a series of errors. You could say Mason made the first error, Dembele the 2nd (and probably critical error) and Dier the 3rd for their 1st goal.

This for me as well, most goals can be traced back to a error along the way and its the same for all teams.

calm down, i'm on the same page as you, not even thinking about dembele in my post.
In future when you say calm down can you add the words its only a commercial it will then seem like jovial banter as that was one of my favourite television adverts of the past decade.

Is it a little sad to have a favourite advert?

Hopefully it's one of those Rose will learn from not to do again. I can kind of understand his thinking, the guy is bang smack in the middle of the goal, Rose can see the line and makes sure he is playing Valencia offside, looked a text book offside call at that point only for Sakho to sneak in.

No excuses for Rose though. He should do better, but he'll know that. What I like about him is that he does learn from mistakes. He was probably one of our best performers yesterday I thought
Thing is I remember from when I actually played football and was coached you never put your arm up for offside when the ball is still active.
People make stupid mistakes all the time, I stalled the car at a roundabout this morning, I like rose, but I do not want to see a mistake from him like that again. I hope he got a gonad*ing for it and is wearing the dunce hat at the training ground today. Then we can move on and forget about it.

Back