• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Individual mistakes for goals

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Anyone have a stat for how many we have conceded from individual mistakes. Both goals today were poor errors, the sort I thought we had stopped making when we got rid of Sherwood.

According to Squawka.com

b8sscj.jpg

compared to last season

296c3s4.jpg

for today's game (2-2- draw, wet spam):

1st goal was floated over dier - how can he be responsible for that? there was a gap that was attacked by a striker but neither our keeper nor defender got to it.

2nd goal was obviously offside. the player that attempted to reach the ball distracted rose and thereby was interfering with play !

1st goal was floated over dier - how can he be responsible for that? there was a gap that was attacked by a striker but neither our keeper nor defender got to it.

2nd goal was obviously offside. the player that attempted to reach the ball distracted rose and thereby was interfering with play !

Both clear examples of defenders switching off...

The problem with this stat is to different people different players are at fault depending on what players they like.
I'm sure someone will blame Mason for the first goal.

dembele was at fault for that first goal and if you think otherwise I can not communicate with you on football matters, I would say the same who ever had done that as I have no favourites.

Dembele 100% madness blaming dier there, if anything you could say vert didn't attack the ball, but it was dembeles fault

Way too many individual mistakes today, same against Liverpool. Not sure why that is, we looked much more composed and calm against Chelsea and Arsenal. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Dembele 100% madness blaming dier there, if anything you could say vert didn't attack the ball, but it was dembeles fault

Dembele for me too.

No blame for Vertonghen though. He had his man under control, Dier was marking air. When Verts realized that Dier couldn't get there he tried covering for him.

Way too many individual mistakes today, same against Liverpool. Not sure why that is, we looked much more composed and calm against Chelsea and Arsenal. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Dembele for me too.

No blame for Vertonghen though. He had his man under control, Dier was marking air. When Verts realized that Dier couldn't get there he tried covering for him.
Didn't kouyate arrive late into the box? It was a very well timed run and great cross to be fair. Dembele completely ballsed it up unfortunately

Lamela was more to blame than Rose for the second goal. Lamela was nowhere near Creswell for the cross that lead to the goal. Walker ended up having to defend both their LM and LB.

Lamela has roostered up his clearances a few times (Arsenal away) and that has led to the opposition scoring. Surely he should be on that chart.

Lamela was more to blame than Rose for the second goal. Lamela was nowhere near Creswell for the cross that lead to the goal. Walker ended up having to defend both their LM and LB.

not sure what poch told our LB and RB but they seem to have forgotten how to defend, or to have a safety first attitude.

Danny Rose was made to look like a right chump for their 2nd goal.

Offside or not, interfering with play by jumping or not, Rose was completely unaware of any other danger(s) around him, only magnified by his Gooner-style arm raising before realising there was another opponent sneaking in.

I've warmed to Rose this season having not been a big fan, but the lad is still a total liability too many times!

Danny Rose was made to look like a right chump for their 2nd goal.

Offside or not, interfering with play by jumping or not, Rose was completely unaware of any other danger(s) around him, only magnified by his Gooner-style arm raising before realising there was another opponent sneaking in.

I've warmed to Rose this season having not been a big fan, but the lad is still a total liability too many times!

I think what's more worrying is that he lets the ball bounce in front of him rather than heading it away/clearing it. You'd crucify an U15's player for allowing that to happen let alone a professional footballer. Was hoping Davies would be an upgrade on Rose, but they both look around the same level i.e. squad player, good enough if you want to finish 8th, but not much higher.

Hopefully it's one of those Rose will learn from not to do again. I can kind of understand his thinking, the guy is bang smack in the middle of the goal, Rose can see the line and makes sure he is playing Valencia offside, looked a text book offside call at that point only for Sakho to sneak in.

No excuses for Rose though. He should do better, but he'll know that. What I like about him is that he does learn from mistakes. He was probably one of our best performers yesterday I thought

Errors leading to goals/chances must be one of the most unreliable stats around.

Didn't kouyate arrive late into the box? It was a very well timed run and great cross to be fair. Dembele completely ballsed it up unfortunately

Not really. It wasn't like he just arrived in the box and ran/jumped onto the header.

You could argue that just about any goal is the result of one or more defensive mistakes.... For example our two goals yesterday were due to mistakes by Adrian and Song.

I think it is harsh to blame Rose for their second goal. He was (correctly) playing Valencia offside and therefore had no reason to worry about what was behind him. It was just poor officiating that let that goal stand.

Errors leading to goals/chances must be one of the most unreliable stats around.
Exactly. Every goal is nearly a result of one error or another, or in a lot of cases a series of errors. You could say Mason made the first error, Dembele the 2nd (and probably critical error) and Dier the 3rd for their 1st goal.

Back