• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Impressed with players who played against us

Its not that laughable its certainly a close call between Bale and Ben Arfa. Bale is definitely overhyped in the media due to the fact he plays for one of the big London teams and to an extent on here aswell. Lets put it this way if Ben Arfa was with us and Bale at Saudi Sportswashing Machine I wouldn't be surprised if we were all saying how much better Ben Arfa is than Bale....

Not close at all mate, Bale is overhyped because he destroyed the reigning CL holders in CL knockout stage game, his goal/assist ratio in the PL last season builds on that. Bale is also 2 years younger and being seen by at least 2 managers as a potential to develop into a winger/attacker (not same level, but style as C.Ronaldo).

Ben Arfa is a tricky player with skills that can be very difficult for opponents at times, but consistency is not there, injury and attitude concerns also big on the list.

Believe me, given one spot to pick between Bale/Ben Arfa, Bale would start every game.

Oh GHod gregs invaded this thread, I thought Greg left and said he'd never comeback? Why did that have to change and we have to put up with the most idiotic of messages about the wonders of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I like other fans, but it's a tottenham board, chat about spurs from a outside perspective.i don't want to come and read gonad*s about Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Especially when it is gonad*s. Ben arfa isn't even close to being as good as bake and never ever will. There sa reason Ben arfa went to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, there's a reason bara are interested in bale. fudge sake it's not even a discussion. Ben Arfa IS only good enough for cover, and even then his inconsistency will provide many many threads on here about how amazing/over rated he is...

Oh GHod gregs invaded this thread, I thought Greg left and said he'd never comeback? Why did that have to change and we have to put up with the most idiotic of messages about the wonders of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I like other fans, but it's a tottenham board, chat about spurs from a outside perspective.i don't want to come and read gonad*s about Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Especially when it is gonad*s. Ben arfa isn't even close to being as good as bake and never ever will. There sa reason Ben arfa went to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, there's a reason bara are interested in bale. fudge sake it's not even a discussion. Ben Arfa IS only good enough for cover, and even then his inconsistency will provide many many threads on here about how amazing/over rated he is...

You only sing when you're fishing.

It's all banter and good debate, light hearted fun. If you don't like it, don't read it.

It's only two times a year, unless we get you in the Capital One Cup, or the FA Cup... or the Europa League!

It was Metalgear who started the thread and cited Ben Arfa as a player who impressed, not Greg. I, for one, welcome Greg and thoughtful posters who support other teams. Brings some interesting perspective. Take issue with the OP or mention an opposing player who's impressed you, but slagging Greg is out of order, IMO.

I haven't seen enough of Ben Arfa to say how intelligent he is as a passer and player but he is a master dribbler. The way he sucks players in is frightening. Draws the attempted tackle and skips by.

It was Metalgear who started the thread and cited Ben Arfa as a player who impressed, not Greg. I, for one, welcome Greg and thoughtful posters who support other teams. Brings some interesting perspective. Take issue with the OP or mention an opposing player who's impressed you, but slagging Greg is out of order, IMO.

Thank you. I'll go back to normal, boring, sensible Greg in the next few days.

Just enjoying my last week of freedom before I start my new job next week, gonad*s, Prior is out.

I would take Ben Arfa in a second, although unlikley he would move to us anyway. I do think he is better than Lennon but not Bale fwiw

Are you taking the tinkle? Ben Arfa as cover? :ross:

He's better than both Bale and Lennon.

It would never happen, he loves it here, he would only leave us for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

You've already been torn to shreds for the ridiculous Bale comment, but in a sport full of greedy, disloyal mercenaries, back stabbers and liars, do you really think that if ANY Champions League regular in a big league showed a genuine interest he wouldn't jump at the chance to sign for them?

Footballers don't have the same love for the club as you do, especially not foreign players who came over because you were offering the most attractive proposition at the time. Whilst many might not actively do a Modric to force through a move when their club don't want to sell, if the opportunity came along I'm pretty sure our entire squad and yours would quite happily sign for a team like Man Utd.

Are you taking the tinkle? Ben Arfa as cover? :ross:

He's better than both Bale and Lennon.

It would never happen, he loves it here, he would only leave us for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Bale has proved it in the Champions League. He's scored against the top teams many times. Won PFA player of the year. I agree he's better than Lennon, but better than Bale? No chance.

You don't think Ben Arfa would leave you for United or Emirates Marketing Project?

Bale has proved it in the Champions League. He's scored against the top teams many times. Won PFA player of the year. I agree he's better than Lennon, but better than Bale? No chance.

You don't think Ben Arfa would leave you for United or Emirates Marketing Project?

To sit on the bench? No.

Ben Arfa has done it in the Champions League, he has won numerous league titles, domestic cups, UNFP Young Player of the Year etc.

Bale is an excellent player, but Ben Arfa offers something else with his skill and trickery where as Bale relies a lot more on his pace. Bale on the left and Ben Arfa on the right of a front three would be frightening.

To sit on the bench? No.

Ben Arfa has done it in the Champions League, he has won numerous league titles, domestic cups, UNFP Young Player of the Year etc.

Bale is an excellent player, but Ben Arfa offers something else with his skill and trickery where as Bale relies a lot more on his pace. Bale on the left and Ben Arfa on the right of a front three would be frightening.

Hugely impressed by most of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's team, tbf. Tiote and Cabaye is a class CM pairing, and Anita looked quality too (besides one bad giveaway). Ben Arfa is an excellent player, though not on Bale's level. I think that Taarabt should be watching him closely and trying to emulate him, as they have many of the same raw talent, though, of course, Ben Arfa is miles ahead.

Also, a big fan of Jonas. Not that I'd want THFC to sign him, but I always feel like he does all the little things well and runs his socks off. Of course, Cisse and Ba will get you goals. Any gap that used to exist between us and them has seriously closed, all without them ever really breaking the bank. Whoever is in charge over there is doing a really, really nice job. Can't see a lot of teams taking the points at SJP this season, though I thought we deserved at least a point.

Jonas is the sort of player every team needs. Not the best footballer at all but can play a variety of positions, probably doesn't mind being on the bench or being played wherever and a solid performer, bit like Zabaleta at Emirates Marketing Project really.

Hugely impressed by most of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's team, tbf. Tiote and Cabaye is a class CM pairing, and Anita looked quality too (besides one bad giveaway). Ben Arfa is an excellent player, though not on Bale's level. I think that Taarabt should be watching him closely and trying to emulate him, as they have many of the same raw talent, though, of course, Ben Arfa is miles ahead.

Also, a big fan of Jonas. Not that I'd want THFC to sign him, but I always feel like he does all the little things well and runs his socks off. Of course, Cisse and Ba will get you goals. Any gap that used to exist between us and them has seriously closed, all without them ever really breaking the bank. Whoever is in charge over there is doing a really, really nice job. Can't see a lot of teams taking the points at SJP this season, though I thought we deserved at least a point.

A few on here couldn't believe it when I gave Jonas a high rating after the game on Saturday, he was epic! He didn't create anything but he worked his gonad*s off all game and really put a shift in.

Jonas is the sort of player every team needs. Not the best footballer at all but can play a variety of positions, probably doesn't mind being on the bench or being played wherever and a solid performer, bit like Zabaleta at Emirates Marketing Project really.

He's quick, strong and works his gonad*s off. He is also a very good dribbler, even if unorthodox, once he has the ball it is very difficult to get it off him, as a few of your lads found out at times on Saturday, he wins a lot of free kicks. I think he has played every position for us apart from centre back, in net and up front, very versatile and always happen to do a job out of position. Chips in with a few goals and 4 or 5 assists every season. Like you said he probably wont play every week, especially with the arrival of Anita, but it is great to have some squad depth for the first time in years.

He's quick, strong and works his gonad*s off. He is also a very good dribbler, even if unorthodox, once he has the ball it is very difficult to get it off him, as a few of your lads found out at times on Saturday, he wins a lot of free kicks. I think he has played every position for us apart from centre back, in net and up front, very versatile and always happen to do a job out of position. Chips in with a few goals and 4 or 5 assists every season. Like you said he probably wont play every week, especially with the arrival of Anita, but it is great to have some squad depth for the first time in years.

Your description reminds me a lot of Steed Malbranque, who I used to rate highly.

Back