• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If we could strengthen just one position

If we could improve just one position this window…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKSpur

Christian Ziege
Agnostic of cost or quality but for arguments sake the budget is a player valued in the 30-40M bracket is 25 and could be a perm or loan to buy. I may be being a little unfair offering left or right sign forward but only cb as an option!

May be worth highlighting actually where some of these fit in a conte team though
He doesn’t play attacking midfielders
He only plays one CB with a left centre back and a right centre back.

Think we need more goals than moura offers. One that can play up front if needed.

Although it will depend how we play. An am. Or even a good rwb are options.

May be worth highlighting actually where some of these fit in a conte team though
More a creative midfielder or box to box than an all out AM would probably be more accurate

Ok I’ve added the multiple centre back options.

If we play 4231 or 433 I think one of the penultimate 3 has what I’d call an attacking midfield remit. What do you think would be the black and white position midfielder descriptors for Conte’s team?

For me in this poll AM means creative goal threat and DM would cover a midfielder who’s either a destroyer or deep lying playmaker. I’m sure there’s better threads for debating the breadth of midfield qualities but was going to try and get a steer for what the most pressing need be should we only be able to get one over the line this window

Ok I’ve added the multiple centre back options.

If we play 4231 or 433 I think one of the penultimate 3 has what I’d call an attacking midfield remit. What do you think would be the black and white position midfielder descriptors for Conte’s team?
Honestly?
Conte wants to play 3-4-3 here. For that he wants two CMs IMO
He did play eriksen in CM at inter and it was a more attacking role I’d agree but he hasn’t played anyone in that role in England

Think we need more goals than moura offers. One that can play up front if needed.

Although it will depend how we play. An am. Or even a good rwb are options.
100%
It’s the biggest weakness in the team, the lack of goals
Kane and son are 20 goals a season each
Our second hugest league scorer with won out a few weeks ago was Sanchez ….

Honestly?
He did play eriksen in CM at inter and it was a more attacking role I’d agree but he hasn’t played anyone in that role in England
Fair point, I don’t seem to be able to add CM, so for arguments sake think of the 2 in a 343 as a DM but for there to be an AM tole in a 352! You better not pick RWB or WF now though ;)

Fair point, I don’t seem to be able to add CM, so for arguments sake think of the 2 in a 343 as a DM but for there to be an AM tole in a 352! You better not pick RWB or WF now though ;)
CF for me
I chose 3rd
To me the lack of goal scoring options if criminal for a supposedly attacking team

Honestly?

Possibly because we haven't got anyone that can?

Possibly because we haven't got anyone that can?
Don’t think so
He didn’t play that way at Chelsea either. He played 3-4-3 after the arsenal defeat and won the league
I think it’s because his view is teams are less defensive here than in Italy

Don’t think so
He didn’t play that way at Chelsea either. He played 3-4-3 after the arsenal defeat and won the league
I think it’s because his view is teams are less defensive here than in Italy

You sure. A lot of progressive managers now in italy. With a lot of defenders not quite up to it. Years ago maybe. But think the prem is probably better defensively now.

We just need someone who guarantees n+1 goals a game, like Kane/Bale/Lamela/Eriksen used to

n being the number of goals the opposition score

Back