• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If all fit what is our best eleven...

You say people are putting their faith in Lamela on hope but aren't you doing the same with Eriksen having only seeing glimpses? I'd say you need to give some people more credit that they've seen a lot of Lamela and Eriksen at Roma and Ajax

i could respond to this, but i see where this line of communication is going and your a mod.

i'd rather be cautious than state my opinion as i think it will rile people up...way too many as well

i'm side stepping this quickly

GB often comes out with these stories and states them as fact, like he said Townsend's never played on the left in his life and then Andros himself on Goals on Sunday this morning said he spent his first 12 years playing on the left. Maybe Lamela did have a sulk and a tantrum, I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if GB is overstating it.

I've never heard about Lamela throwing a hissy fit about playing on the left tbh.

GB often comes out with these stories and states them as fact, like he said Townsend's never played on the left in his life and then Andros himself on Goals on Sunday this morning said he spent his first 12 years playing on the left. Maybe Lamela did have a sulk and a tantrum, I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if GB is overstating it.

this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion mate. lets leave it please

take my comments as tongue in cheek in response to someone that knows their stuff but is known to exagerrate a bit to prove their point

i could respond to this, but i see where this line of communication is going and your a mod.

i'd rather be cautious than state my opinion as i think it will rile people up...way too many as well

i'm side stepping this quickly

Huh? Stop talking in riddles bro, who cares if I'm a "mod" I'm just talking football with you. Personally, I a int got a frigging clue what our best XI is right now. I don't think anyone does.

I'm always genuinely interested in your opinion on football, tactics, formations and personnel.

Stenno did

there, not putting words in anyone's mouth. i read that. although it was more "he is one of the, if not the best young talent in the world"

am taking salt with that. i consider that to be exaggeration in support of our player

Stenno's entitled to his opinion but I think it would be wrong to extrapolate that to make out it is an accepted opinion on his quality and judge him against that.

I think that it is fair to say that Lamela was highly rated for his performances in Italy. Let's hope that he can match and surpass them with us.

Stenno's entitled to his opinion but I think it would be wrong to extrapolate that to make out it is an accepted opinion on his quality and judge him against that.

I think that it is fair to say that Lamela was highly rated for his performances in Italy. Let's hope that he can match and surpass them with us.

sure

Huh? Stop talking in riddles bro, who cares if I'm a "mod" I'm just talking football with you. Personally, I a int got a frigging clue what our best XI is right now. I don't think anyone does.

I'm always genuinely interested in your opinion on football, tactics, formations and personnel.

okay cool

I've seen eriksen play about 15 games and he was the best player on the pitch in about 12 of them

Prior to this season I'd seen Lamella play 3 and he was the standout in all of them

Both players are very good technical creators that will thrive given the right amount of time to adjust IMO

Both will suffer if it given time.

Martinez today said Barkley needs 50 games to get to where he needs to be and that is fair IMO

I know when I've recruited in the past I give staff 3/6 months before I expect them to add "value" and I make them well aware of that. In football terms that is probably a season at least and I think its reasonable given the change people go through and that isn't just changing countries and cultures

Personally I would go with -

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Lamela
Adebayor

Not ideal having Lamela left but he's £30m so we gotta play him plus Lennon is better than Townsend and Chadli but can't play on the left. Adebayor fits like a glove into our current methods. Not a huge fan of Paulinho ATM so for now would stick Dembele above him even tho he's been below par until lately. Between Vertonghen and Kaboul to partner Chiriches, probably go with Verts if he sorts himself out.

Personally I would go with -

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Lamela
Adebayor

Not ideal having Lamela left but he's £30m so we gotta play him plus Lennon is better than Townsend and Chadli but can't play on the left. Adebayor fits like a glove into our current methods. Not a huge fan of Paulinho ATM so for now would stick Dembele above him even tho he's been below par until lately. Between Vertonghen and Kaboul to partner Chiriches, probably go with Verts if he sorts himself out.

is it possible that the CBs that play next to dawson , do well, BECAUSE they play next to dawson?

I think that we need to see a bit more of the details before we jump to conclusions

Can't remember where I read about it - it will have been from either 1) Gianluca Di Marzio's twitter, 2) here, or 3) the old channel 4 Football Italia website.

Can't remember where I read about it - it will have been from either 1) Gianluca Di Marzio's twitter, 2) here, or 3) the old channel 4 Football Italia website.

At this moment in time I would go with:

----------------Lloris------------------
------Chrices------Vertonghen------
Walker----------------------------Rose
------------Sandro--Dembele---------
Lennon-------Paulinhio-----Townsend
-------------------Defoe-------------------

My team is based on current form not hopeful form and if they were all fit. I beleive that Lamela will get better and better and so will soldado and Eriksen but at the moment they have not played well enought to oust the ones i have in the side. Paulinhio has to play in behind as he is the only one who drives into the box to support the front man. Defoe has done more in his last two games even though he has not scored than Soldado has all season. He is running the channels, taking people on and gettin in the box. Again Townsend did more in the breif time he was on Saturday down the left than Chadli had done all game. With him and Lennon on the flanks we have real pace and purpose. Dembele and Pailinhio should switch in and out and with Walk and Rose down the wings we should have a real balance. If Ade was able to play anywhere like he is capable then he is the best fit for our team. But he is way to lazy.

I couldn't even tell you who our best player is let alone the best 11.

Lloris, Walker, Rose, and Sandro would be the round pegs in the round holes and then pull the rest of the names out of a hat.

I couldn't even tell you who our best player is let alone the best 11.

Lloris, Walker, Rose, and Sandro would be the round pegs in the round holes and then pull the rest of the names out of a hat.

Agreed so hard to pick our best 11, I think the back 4 picks itself with Walker, Vlad, Jan, Rose after that it is like throwing darts. Again I can't believe how many people have Lamela in their best XI. I think the price tag and reputation is the only reasons you could pick him because he hasn't shown much thus far. Again he could and probably will come good but not a starter right now. I would pick Lennon, Townsend, Siggy, Chadli, Holtby and Eriksen ahead of him.

Solid post KoN. I agree that it depends on so many things and that apart from 5-6 players there will be some changes with form, injuries and opposition. As it should be. I remember how Park would "always" start the big games for United even though he would always be there against smaller teams. Similarly Nani might start against a smaller team whereas Valencia would get the nod against the top teams. To some extent not having a "strongest 11" is a massive sign of strength.

It depends on so many things and a lot of players can still make a place their own, I don't think many here would have had Lennon as the sure fire starter on the right a couple of weeks back.

Ade in top form would be great, as is I'm not so sure. I think a fully fit Kaboul would challenge Dawson and Vlad for a starting spot too.
The Kaboul of 2011/2012 would be in the starting XI for sure, but at the moment he can't even seem to stay fit for two consecutive games, so he is out of the picture for me right now.

Back