• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ice Cream Sandwich

COYS

Allan Nielsen
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

After being over 2 months overdue, it's finally come to my Nexus S.

I was so bloody excited, until I started using it and found out that the Face Unlock feature was only for new models.

This update is absolutely brick and slow. Boo Google

Last edited:
You need new hardware

Quad core

lol why would you possibly need a quad core on a phone, they would be better placed making the OS run more efficiently than just chucking bigger processors at it. Pretty sure the original iphone 4 only had a single core processor and that was buttery smooth, same for all the new windows phone 7 ones

lol why would you possibly need a quad core on a phone, they would be better placed making the OS run more efficiently than just chucking bigger processors at it. Pretty sure the original iphone 4 only had a single core processor and that was buttery smooth, same for all the new windows phone 7 ones

Because Android's better than iOS 1?

Pretty sure the next iPhone will be quad core

I don't think anything other than a dual core is needed on a phone really, true multi tasking is rarely needed as at the moment anyway a phone can really only have one programme being displayed, obviously music etc can still play in the background but it doesnt need to be true multitasking you'd find on a desktop PC.

I don't think anything other than a dual core is needed on a phone really, true multi tasking is rarely needed as at the moment anyway a phone can really only have one programme being displayed, obviously music etc can still play in the background but it doesnt need to be true multitasking you'd find on a desktop PC.

You must have an iPhone

True Multi-tasking is very useful indeed and has worked on Android for years

e.g. GPS mapping your cycle route, Cardio trainer monitoring your calories, with streaming internet radio, and browser to find the pub you've just been texted.....plus a quick photo / video on route when you pass a fit bird

No I have a windows phone. Agree on those things you listed but it doesnt need a quad core to do that I don't think. I can do all that on my single core windows phone.

I think ICS is so much better than the crappy Samsung gingerbread.

I rooted mine and got a modded version of ICS on the S2 and it works a dream

Back