• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I think we should prepare for a 6th place finish and plan for that

There wasn't even a single bit of the ball which went over the line. There were three different players on the line where the ball was as well. There wasn't a player on that pitch who thought it went over and likely not a fan in the stadium who thought it was a goal.

The goal did change the game of course. And Atkinson is an utter prick. But far too often, we let decisions like that get to us. Its the most recent game so its an example I've been using quite a bit over the past week or so but Norwich for example were 1-0 up at whl, were denied a stone-wall penalty and a minute later, the score was 1-1. For us, in that situation, away at a superior team, denied that penalty, we 100% would have collapsed imo. Or at the very least, we wouldn't have won as Norwich did.

To our credit, we rallied for 10-15 minutes this time and scored a goal during that time.

Either way, we collapsed as soon as Defoe came on for VDV. Ghost goal or no, that was the final nail imo.

Good points, especially he Norwich (no) penalty decision=D>

Never. I'm preparing for a 3rd place finish until it's mathematically impossible. And if/when that happens, next best outcome (4th).

I can't follow my club any other way.

There wasn't even a single bit of the ball which went over the line. There were three different players on the line where the ball was as well. There wasn't a player on that pitch who thought it went over and likely not a fan in the stadium who thought it was a goal.

The goal did change the game of course. And Atkinson is an utter prick. But far too often, we let decisions like that get to us. Its the most recent game so its an example I've been using quite a bit over the past week or so but Norwich for example were 1-0 up at whl, were denied a stone-wall penalty and a minute later, the score was 1-1. For us, in that situation, away at a superior team, denied that penalty, we 100% would have collapsed imo. Or at the very least, we wouldn't have won as Norwich did.

To our credit, we rallied for 10-15 minutes this time and scored a goal during that time.

Either way, we collapsed as soon as Defoe came on for VDV. Ghost goal or no, that was the final nail imo.

ok can i rest easy that this picture is a fake then ?

AqjDlIJCAAA8UI8.jpg

Yep, fake. Terry even admitted that it might have been him that cleared the ball off the line (though I thought it was BAE).

If we get a Europa league place, we should just call Uefa to give it up. We dont want to compete in it as our trophy cabinet is full. There simply is no space left so putting effort in to a competition we might actually have a chance of winning is pointless.

Back