• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I remember a time when...

I remember a time when....

We were brick but we were 'Tottenham'. Something seems lost in translation nowadays.

I think the influx of sugardaddy owners and massive CL money has really distorted the league to a few teams, which then force others who depend on fans for revenue to raise prices to remain competitive. I'm not just talking about City/Chelsea forcing us and Arsenal to raise prices, but even the likes of Stoke rely on Coates' largesse, which means that other relegation-battling teams are always nearing the brink of bankruptcy just to stay in this league. The prices (relative to the crap economy) + lack of safe standing + the ease of getting games online or on TV + heightened expectations in an era where we really can't compete financially but think we should be CL material anyways = crap atmosphere.

It's basically a hamster wheel. Once a few teams get spending, you have to spend more and more just to keep up. (Not necessarily every year, but over the long term money is strongly correlated to success.)

i agree with most of that mate, having been a supporter and season ticket holder for more years then i care to remember, i despair at some of the macarons that sit at the Lane and do nothing but slag off the players, manager and boo at the first sign of things going wrong.

For those who say nothing has changed they really are fooling themselves if they really believe that, of course fans have always moaned but its seems that nowadays a misplaced pass can send lots of fans into a hysterical rant about the parentage of the said player.

:ross:=D>

Great thread, some perspective is good at times..

My 1st year as a ST holder was 1999/2000, when I look at that squad compared to what we have now, wow, its quite frightening...

Some of them do. The three that i work with that were ST/regular attendees until the last couple of seaons now go to no more than a couple of matches a season (if any). Another three from my local that used to do around 6-8 games a season never go now.

The club are happy as they have all been replaced by tourists who spend more in the club shop.

But I suspect those are typically fickle Arse fans. Support the club when they are winning, disappear again into the woodwork when there are no trophies.

Whereas according to comments in this thread we seem to be the opposite. Support the club well when losing and become fickle when have our best seasons in ages.

But I suspect those are typically fickle Arse fans. Support the club when they are winning, disappear again into the woodwork when there are no trophies.

About half & half, A couple of them are real old school who have been going for years but can no longer afford it.

Indeed. The 8 million pound posts, Hummel disaster and Waddle sale cooked his goose...

I remember being told by my old man, I better start thinking about finding another club to support because soon we will be no more! And then the Venables consortium v Sugar battle...

Back