• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Agreed; but for the lad's immediate development i'll take that for now. His current rise is meaning less pressure/spotlight/scrutiny on others (e.g. Eriksen) and hopefully they themselves will start to come to the fore when Lamela himself starts to dip a little, and he himself wont be under such scrutiny at that time.

At least that's my hope anyway..

agreed

only thing is that when you are you record signing i would much rather the pressure be off him all the time

ade pass was to early and to wide, should have put it in front of him to run on to and hit first time
yes this is true - ade passes directly to the feet instead of ahead of it. no options for lamela in this case, very difficult - requires the correct contact and timing to get the shot off.

It's time to create some Spurs-specific lyrics to the tune Argentinian fans made famous at the World Cup - Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

personally i would rather the media didnt change their tune after just one league game that he has done well in. They could end up building a target to knock back down again

Such is life for the professional high profile footballer. He'll just have to learn to live with it if he wants to become a superstar.

Delighted for the lad, he could be the star we've been missing since Bale. We so need one of them to boost our global image the way Bale was beginning to do, until we sold him.

It's time to create some Spurs-specific lyrics to the tune Argentinian fans made famous at the World Cup - Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

[video=youtube;Coy8Hoa1DNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coy8Hoa1DNw[/video]

La la mela, la la mela, erik erik lamela

made Garth Crook's team of the week (24 Aug 2014)

_77149789_garth.png

[h=2]MIDFIELDER - Erik Lamela (Tottenham)[/h]
_77150229_eriklamelaafp.jpg
Argentine winger Erik Lamela cost Tottenham a reported £25.7m when he joined from Roma a year ago.

What a difference a year makes. Last season Lamela couldn't get a game under Tim Sherwood at White Hart Lane after joining from Roma. Mauricio Pochettino, however, clearly has other plans for his Argentine compatriot and said Lamela would come good. The winger has played in both league victories for Spurs this season and ran the show in their 4-0 win over QPR.

Did you know? After one assist in his first 10 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, Lamela has assisted two goals in seven first-half minutes against QPR.

made Garth Crook's team of the week (24 Aug 2014)

_77149789_garth.png

[h=2]MIDFIELDER - Erik Lamela (Tottenham)[/h]
_77150229_eriklamelaafp.jpg
Argentine winger Erik Lamela cost Tottenham a reported £25.7m when he joined from Roma a year ago.

What a difference a year makes. Last season Lamela couldn't get a game under Tim Sherwood at White Hart Lane after joining from Roma. Mauricio Pochettino, however, clearly has other plans for his Argentine compatriot and said Lamela would come good. The winger has played in both league victories for Spurs this season and ran the show in their 4-0 win over QPR.

Did you know? After one assist in his first 10 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, Lamela has assisted two goals in seven first-half minutes against QPR.

He was injured FFS

Shall we just have done with it and declare him the new messiah? Again, I'm not against him, but he should be judged on consistent performances.

PS: Here is a Youtube Video showing 42 right foot finishes from Messi, so the comparison doesn't stack up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZm9d1weeQM

I think this goes to down to actually having played the game a bit. I'm right footed and developing my left foot made me a much better player, and gave me more options when through on goal. I often used to like to tuck one in the far post/someone's jumper with my left.

So 42 from his right foot....out of 409 career goals for club and country? And this is Messi we're talking about.

Bale didn't really develop a decent right foot until his last season with us.

I'm not sure who's declaring him the messiah really, just people a bit happy that he's started showing at least something, even if it is the first step on a long road, of the talent that made us spend 26 million.

Shall we just have done with it and declare him the new messiah? Again, I'm not against him, but he should be judged on consistent performances.

PS: Here is a Youtube Video showing 42 right foot finishes from Messi, so the comparison doesn't stack up.

I think this goes to down to actually having played the game a bit. I'm right footed and developing my left foot made me a much better player, and gave me more options when through on goal. I often used to like to tuck one in the far post/someone's jumper with my left.

Who is comparing him with Messi??

If you're talking about the comments on MOTD 2 last night, I don't think anyone was comparing him to Messi.

im equally world class with both feet. but i rarely use my left as i am right footed and its more natural. if i had recieved the ball lamela got id have used the outside of my strongest foot.

who knows, if ade played a decent pass and waited a bit, he more than likely would have scored.

Such is life for the professional high profile footballer. He'll just have to learn to live with it if he wants to become a superstar.

only thing is that i feel he is largely a confidence player, have said that from the start .....and also i dont get the feeling of mental toughness to win a confidence battle regularly on his own, could be wrong. i think he needs a guiding hand and support of the team

Baby steps. Every good performance against any team counts towards an added brick to the foundation of someone's psyche. He has had two good performances in A row...hopefully he can ride that wave going into liverpool...and even if he doesnt the hope is he can dust himself off , take any criticism the media may lay at his feet ..get up and just re-apply himself against the next team.

i have high 'hopes' that we get significant return on our investment this year

Who is comparing him with Messi??

If you're talking about the comments on MOTD 2 last night, I don't think anyone was comparing him to Messi.

the person that used maradona and messi as a proxy to validate their point i would imagine

why mention those two if in some way there wasnt a level of comparison...i.e ("Messi and diego didnt have right feet so why is it a problem for lamela") type argument

His name is Erik Lamela, He's from Argentina,
The country of Ossie and Rick (VILLA)
And when he walks down the street and the people he meets,
Say oi, gorgeous what's your name....

Back