• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Someone done a breakdown of his assists and almost all of them were open play, iirc - and if you're going to level that at him then Eriksen should get the same treatment as he takes the vast majority of our set pieces

He's actually pretty adept at 'subtle through balls' which is what I was referring to with the head in hand comment - he's always looking to play people in behind, probably more so than his team mates

Most of the time when I watch him, he takes too many touches runs into a dead ends and loses possession, he also slows our tempo.

Not right away. Personally, I think the guys a bit of a light weight and I never rated him. He is so un-athletic and slow. He was hopeless when he first started, was okay for periods in the next and hardly set the world on fire this season. He has his moments, but I would hardly be building a side around him. One of the biggest problems in seasons past was Dembele and him slowing our play down. Lamela always wanted to take one more touch and was too predictable in always going onto his left foot. Dembele overcame his weakness, Lamela thus far has not.

Sorry, I'm being a bit dim here and am not really clear what your answer is. What do you think Poch will do when he is fit again?

The same as Poch should do with any returning player - if the occupier is off form or under-performing give Lamela a chance but if the occupier is on good form lamela must wait and work harder in training.

I'd agree with that. I think that based on how the other players have played in his position whilst he has been out, the biggest risk to him getting that chance is a switch to 3-4-2-1

Sorry, I'm being a bit dim here and am not really clear what your answer is. What do you think Poch will do when he is fit again?

Not right away. He will come back in, but overtime I would think. However don't be too shocked if Lamela has already played his last game for Spurs. I think his main problem might be mental, rather than physical, by reading between the lines when Poch spoke about him earlier in the week. I think he might be a bit of a hypochondriac.

Most of the time when I watch him, he takes too many touches runs into a dead ends and loses possession, he also slows our tempo.

I probably wouldn't rate him either if that's all I saw when I watched him play...

I can't make you see all the good things he brings to the team and our attacking play and If you're looking for excuses to talk down his obvious creative ability and his off the ball work then I imagine you've already written him off it's clouding you judgement

Last edited:
Not right away. He will come back in, but overtime I would think. However don't be too shocked if Lamela has already played his last game for Spurs. I think his main problem might be mental, rather than physical, by reading between the lines when Poch spoke about him earlier in the week. I think he might be a bit of a hypochondriac.

I doubt that Poch would have played him so much if he had doubts about his mental attitude. Also last season he seemed to be one of the strongest mentally and one that the other players looked to for belief.

The three players who have made me scream at the TV the most over the last three years are Eriksen, Dembele and him. Eriksen and Dembele have come good, he hasn't.

I can't make you see all the good things he brings to the team and our attacking play and If you're looking for excuses to talk down his obvious creative ability and his off the ball work then I imagine you've already written him off and it's clouding your judgement

I doubt that Poch would have played him so much if he had doubts about his mental attitude. Also last season he seemed to be one of the strongest mentally and one that the other players looked to for belief.

Yeah I agree, but listen to the tone of Poch's words. He sounds irritated. Consider the language. 'It started out as not so much and then it became more." or words to that effect. Watch this space.

Yeah I agree, but listen to the tone of Poch's words. He sounds irritated. Consider the language. 'It started out as not so much and then it became more." or words to that effect. Watch this space.

Poch often sounds irritated when being interviewed, giving pressers. I wouldn't read too much into it and see what happens.

I can't make you see all the good things he brings to the team and our attacking play and If you're looking for excuses to talk down his obvious creative ability and his off the ball work then I imagine you've already written him off and it's clouding your judgement

I've already said that I never rated him. He has been so over rated on here. He's an okay player, but nothing to write home about. I judge on the here and now. Right now Dembele is one of out most important players, but two years ago he was hopeless and I said as much. The same applies to Lamela. Yes he played some very good games last season, but he wasn't pulling up trees this season.

It is too bad that Lamela has been out for so long. So long that people have forgotten his contributions to the team. I am convinced we would have beaten Chelsea comfortably if he had been playing. Remember the 3-0 win over ManU last season when he scored. He has more grit and creativity than anyone else in the team.

It is too bad that Lamela has been out for so long. So long that people have forgotten his contributions to the team. I am convinced we would have beaten Chelsea comfortably if he had been playing. Remember the 3-0 win over ManU last season when he scored. He has more grit and creativity than anyone else in the team.

I reckon Danny out grits him, but yes he has a great never say die attitude..

We did beat Chelsea comfortably and I do not see him being regularly selected ahead of Alli or Eriksen in a 3-4-2-1.

I've already said that I never rated him. He has been so over rated on here. He's an okay player, but nothing to write home about. I judge on the here and now. Right now Dembele is one of out most important players, but two years ago he was hopeless and I said as much. The same applies to Lamela. Yes he played some very good games last season, but he wasn't pulling up trees this season.

he was pulling up trees imo, everyone was, just not in a way you seem to be able to appreciate - he typified the pressing game, drive and aggression which had us down as arguably the best team in the league

Last edited:
he was pulling up trees imo, everyone was, just not in a way you seem to be able to appreciate - he typified the pressing game, drive and aggression which had us down as arguably the best team in the league

Read what I posted. This season? He scored in the opening game, was subsequently largely anonymous, got injured and hasn't played since.

Read what I posted. This season? He scored in the opening game, was subsequently largely anonymous, got injured and hasn't played since.

i tend to judge players on more than a handful of games but yeah he, like most of the team, had a slow start to the season. unlike the likes Eriksen, Kane and Alli though he hasnt had the chance to play his way back in to form.

i tend to judge players on more than a handful of games but yeah he, like most of the team, had a slow start to the season. unlike the likes Eriksen, Kane and Alli though he hasnt had the chance to play his way back in to form.

True, we will have to see how it all pans out, but I hope to be proven wrong

Back