• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Lamela's goals and assists from last season :

I think his best goal was against ManU while his best assist should be for Eriksen against ManCity.

Not sure if I'm breaking etiquette by posting a Lamela article ahead of Spurs7891, but here goes
Erik Lamela never considered transfer away from Tottenham
MELBOURNE, Australia -- Erik Lamela has said he has never thought about leaving Tottenham Hotspur, adding that he feels a "big connection" with the club's fans.

Lamela endured a tough debut campaign in England after joining Spurs from Roma in a £30 million deal in summer 2013, making just three Premier League starts before suffering a season-ending back injury.

Despite impressive performances since Mauricio Pochettino's appointment in May 2014, Lamela is still often linked with an exit but the Argentina winger is puzzled by the speculation about his future.

"Ever since I came to Tottenham I have always heard that I am supposed to be leaving! It is the same every summer. I do not know why. From the beginning my focus has always been on Tottenham, even when things did not go as planned at the start," Lamela said in English during Spurs' preseason trip to Australia.

"I have never wanted to leave or thought about leaving. I enjoy playing for the club and get on well with all the players, the staff and supporters.

"I feel a big connection with the club and especially the fans who have always supported me so much."

Lamela shone in Spurs' two International Champions Cup matches against Juventus and Atletico Madrid at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), scoring against the Italian side, and he could be a big player for his side in the Champions League after scoring six goals in eight Europa League appearances last season.

"It is true some of my best games for Tottenham have been in Europe in the Europa League," added Lamela, who has two years remaining on his contract and is one of several players in talks with the club about a new deal.

"I hope that can continue in the Champions League. But I also want to improve in the Premier League. Last year we did very well by finishing third. I feel we can do even better this season.

"The Champions League will be very difficult for us. But I am confident in myself and the team to perform well in this tournament. We have a very good squad and with the right draw we can go very far.

"I like playing in the big games -- maybe they fire me up a little bit more. They are nice to play in."

Spurs challenged for the Premier League title last season, before picking up two points from their final four matches, including a 5-1 defeat at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the final day, to slip behind rivals Arsenal.

Lamela, who was on target at St. James' Park, believes fatigue may have played a part in the team's collapse.

"We lost a lot of points in the last few games. Maybe we were a little tired. Sometimes that happens at the end of a season," he said. "But we still did very well. We must not forget that. It is up to us to learn from the mistakes we made at the end of the season and start this time strongly to make sure if we are in that position again we will not let it go."

Pochettino and Lamela are both Argentines and the Spurs manager was told to get the best out of his compatriot and Spurs' record signing when he arrived from Southampton.

"We have a good relationship," Lamela said. "But he has a good relationship with all the players."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2920304/erik-lamela-never-considered-transfer-away-from-tottenham

Dan Kilpatrick, journalist who interviewed him also said afterwards that the interview was without a translator and that his English was very good.

Much as I don't want to jinx Lamela, he is my first pick in my Fantasy League team. I think he's going to have an excellent season.

I agree, but in your team over Eriksen or Alli?

Yes. I think the biggest concern with Lamela will be his discipline. If he can avoid the yellow cards, he'll score more points than either of the other two.

I regularly think how strong Manchester United's front 4 will be next season. Yet, our front 4 is pretty damn good! Plus established and know each other's game which will be an advantage.

Spurs fans are getting ridiculously excited after this Erik Lamela stunner

Erik Lamela was the poster-boy for Tottenham squandering the Gareth Bale money for much of his first season in London.

The Argentine cost a club-record £35m from Roma after a fine goalscoring season in the Italian capital, but failed to scale the same heights at White Hart Lane.

There was talk of the attacking midfielder returning to the continent, but Mauricio Pochettino found a solution - he turned him into a snide bastard of a defensive winger, and what a snide bastard he has become of late.

Follow
Rob Brown @robbro7

Kudos to Spurs for taking Erik Lamela as a prolific, spectacular forward and turning him into a pacier, bitchier, foulier Park Ji-Sung.

Lamela played a huge role in Spurs' title challenge last season, but some fans have missed his attacking flair.

Not to worry, though, as he showed us he can still do that stuff too with this spectacular strike in a pre-season friendly against Internazionale.

✔@SpursOfficial
1f3a5.png
A simply stunning strike from @ErikLamela in Oslo! Sit back and enjoy... #COYS

If Spurs can combine the cynical tackling with the Roma-era flair, they've got themselves one hell of a player, and don't their fans know it.

Follow
James O'Mahoney @JamesMahoney10

Really expecting Lamela to do big things this season. I've backed him through his bad spells but now is his time. Looks in great shape too!

Follow
Herbo @HerbMcDerb

So excited to watch Lamela blossom into a top player in the league this season. He's Spurs through and through #COYS

Follow
AJ @Chazzli

My hate tweets towards Lamela are going to get bare RT's when he wins the Ballon d'Or

Follow
Octo Von Doooooom @spursfantristan

Always said Lamela was a baller. fudging gonna smash it this season

Even supporters of other clubs are starting to get a little excited. It might still be pre-season, but it's impossible to ignore strikes like this altogether.

Follow
Josh @KloppsGang

Not going to lie. The old Erik Lamela of Roma is coming back, and he's one hell of a player. Spurs best hope he keeps improving

Follow
Sempre Conte @Pranav_CFC

Erik Lamela
1f440.png
. He's going to have a stellar season soon in the PL

And you know the best thing about that goal? It's still not close to his best in a Tottenham shirt. That honour goes to this effort against Asteras in the 2014/15 Europa League, which we're sure you remember very well.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/sp...-excited-after-this-erik-lamela-stunner/89919

------------------------------------

It is great to see Lamela continuing his goal scoring run. Apart from the goal, he had 2 assists for the Kane and Harrison goals as well. In fact, Lamela was very unlucky not to score another as his overhead back-flick didn't come off when he was in front of an open goal.

Notice that Lamela is no longer celebrating wildly whenever he scores nowadays. It shows his confidence it getting better all the time. Hope he will bring his goal scoring run to the league and get at least 10 league goals this season.

Yes. I think the biggest concern with Lamela will be his discipline. If he can avoid the yellow cards, he'll score more points than either of the other two.

I regularly think how strong Manchester United's front 4 will be next season. Yet, our front 4 is pretty damn good! Plus established and know each other's game which will be an advantage.

His discipline is my one concern about having him in my FF team

I admit I wasn't a Lamela fan when he first joined and thought he wouldn't make it in the physically demanding Premiership. I am delighted by his attitude and the effort he has made to turn this round. Well done Erik. I take my hat off to you.

I really hope he continues on the same upward trajectory - then we will have an absolutely stellar player who has fulfilled all his potential. He obviously really loves this club and so desperately wants to succeed and win things with Spurs.

He really is becoming a big player for us and he is still only 24, over the next couple of years if he keeps progressing ( and his attitude points that he will) then he really will be top class.

What I loved about the goal vs Inter is his nonchalance after scoring it. I hope it shows a confidence and swagger for the season ahead.

What I loved about the goal vs Inter is his nonchalance after scoring it. I hope it shows a confidence and swagger for the season ahead.
It was a friendly. Would have been weird if he celebrated like it was the WC winning goal.

I referred to him as a circus act about two years ago ( actually him and soldado).

Backing him now to be the ringleader.

Hats off to Coco.

Great to see him score a header. Nice to see him in the central position. We had four players in the box for Walkers cross. Second half was much more like it and he seemed to play more on the left for a change. Tactical?

Back