• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Massively deserves a goal, 2nd half so far has been class imo.

He was awful first half.

Very average second half.

Took his goal well.

I've said it before but his touch and awareness is not good enough! This was against a pretty average side and he still does so little of note it's scary and is so sloppy on the ball,

He was awful first half.

Took his goal well.

I've said it before but his touch and awareness is not good enough! This was against a pretty average side and he still does so little of note it's scary and is so sloppy on the ball,

I've been fairly critical of him of late, ie back end of last season and so far, this.
I've never taken pleasure in this, because like Soldado, or any other Spurs player for that matter, always want them to succeed.
But I thought he was excellent 2nd half.
He played some sublime passes, hit the post and was very unlucky with that.
We had some sloppy moments all round, but I thought we looked so much better offensively.
Maybe it was the opposition to a degree, but maybe we played well.
It was the most positive I've been all season, with a lot of players contributing to that positivity.

He was awful first half.

Took his goal well.

It's the sloppiness and poor touches that annoy me. He's a flair player but mis controls the ball far too often

It's the sloppiness and poor touches that annoy me. He's a flair player but mis controls the ball far too often
That's sometimes because he's looking left and playing a reverse pass right. If he just concentrated on doing A and then B and then C he would find it easier.

Incidentally, watching the highlights just now on ITV, after Lamela scores, he runs towards the camera and already has a semi-on.

My reaction after the first half was to sub him with 30 mins to go. Irrespective of what the commentators said, his passing was wayward and it got us in trouble at times. Add to that the complete mis-control when put through on goal and you had a performance that didn't need commentator bias. He came out the second half and looked much better, kept things simpler and got his goal. I'm still not convinced, but I do also agree that wide left just doesn't suit him.

Watch that game on mute without the clear bias against him by the commentary team and you would say he had a decent game. They made it out he was a lot worse than he was.

I didn't think he was any worse than the rest, it's just that every little mistake is highlighted like it's the end of the world. Carroll played a horrible pass in the first half to set up a counter for them. Townsend was so so. I'm definitely not seeing the Alli hype other than some trickery that ultimately didn't lead to anything. Thought Njie was horrible. Can't remember anything positive he did. Depending on your bias you tend to notice different things about different players.

I didn't think he was any worse than the rest, it's just that every little mistake is highlighted like it's the end of the world. Carroll played a horrible pass in the first half to set up a counter for them. Townsend was so so. I'm definitely not seeing the Alli hype other than some trickery that ultimately didn't lead to anything. Thought Njie was horrible. Can't remember anything positive he did. Depending on your bias you tend to notice different things about different players.

did you see son's second? that trickery (cryuff turn to a dead stop, no look pass to son while being aware of his positioning) from alli felt that it definitely led to something. I know you're trying to make a point, but Lamela plays bricky passes, runs into people with no end goal and loses the ball a lot of the time. don't need to knock on other players unnecessarily when people point that out.

Njie was horrible, but fast.
Carroll plays like scotty parker taught him how to dance.
Winks is top drawer.

did you see son's second? that trickery (cryuff turn to a dead stop, no look pass to son while being aware of his positioning) from alli felt that it definitely led to something. I know you're trying to make a point, but Lamela plays ****ty passes, runs into people with no end goal and loses the ball a lot of the time. don't need to knock on other players unnecessarily when people point that out.

Njie was horrible, but fast.
Carroll plays like scotty parker taught him how to dance.
Winks is top drawer.
Allis highs were better than anyone else's but his lows were just as bad as most others.
Other than andros, the hype around the youngsters is over the top. Individually I've seen little from any off them to justify it. Collectively we have a chance of building something really special.
My fear is the fans turning on then when they don't live up to the hype. Pritchard is being set up for a fall in view.

To be fair i fell asleep from the 50th minute to the 80thish minute but when i watched clint, apart from the terrible back pass, he looked quick and tidy :/

Lamela seems to get on our players nerves. You always seem to see him having a little to do with players. Last night in the first half he had a little pop at Rose.

He does the hard things well and the simple things badly. It's frustrating as fudge.

But he doesnt really do the hard things well either. Apart from the Rabona wonder-goal, it difficult to remember any other meaningful contribution.

Your comment above would apply better to Tarrabt when at Spurs - he could beat about 3 men in the space of a phone box but would then screw up a simple through ball. Lamela doesnt even do the first bit

I bloody knew someone would pick up on this and make a big deal of it - it's infuriating!!! Lamela was simply mid-snort as he came over to the celebrating pair, so that still shot has merely caught him looking gnarled when he wasn't. Both him and Rose found themselves in very good positions to score a tap-in, had Alli of chosen a pass to either of them instead. So it's understandable to think there was a brief moment of disappointment in their demeanour, esp given they were both playing poorly at that point too.
To make something negative of it is just the sort of brick our team don't need at the moment!!!

Meaningful controbution... yeah I guess his other assists and goals were all meaningless...

Lamela is obviously very frustrating, but the abuse and condemnation he gets is incredibly disproportional. In the stands yesterday people slagged him off for everything, even things other people did wrong, winks made a couple of dodgy passes towards him, he got the blame, he was offside, abuse, he hits the post, abuse, he scores a goal - silence....

Back