• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

he hit one with his right foot for his second goal. He did it because he knew he'd score doing it. who cares anyway. I've never seen Robben use his right foot

He also worked hard to get that right foot shot. He cause has had a swing with his left,but wanted that right foot bottom corner angle.

Just proves Durham is a bell end.
I'm just saddened some people on here fall for it

Ignore the media attention seekers... I've looked at forums for other teams (including Arsemania) and they are all equal in their praise...

'
He also worked hard to get that right foot shot. He cause has had a swing with his left,but wanted that right foot bottom corner angle.

Just proves Durham is a bell end.
I'm just saddened some people on here fall for it

I'm not in the least bit surprised though.

Anyone who can't accept that goal for what it is, a thing of absolute beauty, should really go follow rugby or something else. Skill like that is pure entertainment for the rest of us cloggers who couldn't even contemplate attempting such a thing and is to be applauded. If he never does one more thing of note in the game in his career he'll be remembered forever for that goal.

Lamela deserves all the praise in the world for that goal. If Ronaldo had done it, it wouldn't have been the same. Why? Because Ronaldo would do it to showboat, to humiliate the opposition and to create headlines for himself and his ego. Lamela didn't do it for any of those reasons.
He did it instinctively and because, for him, it was the natural and best way to connect with the ball.

I am still a little worried over Pochettino's lack of reaction to the goal. Has anything come out about it.

Looking back at the replays he looked a tad p#ssed off, even though he had scored, I am wondering whether he was peeved with him trying such a thing while the game was in the balance?

Lol don't be silly mate, it's just the way he is. I also wonder if he actually realised what he did in real time, I certainly didn't....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Anyone on here that is in any way critical or negative about that goal or Lamela in general probably shouldn't be a Spurs fan.

In the same way as our club in general have never had the same relentless desire in pursuing trophies as say, Man Utd, so some of our greatest legends never quite had the ruthless drive necessary to become world greats.

David Ginola and Dimitar Berbatov never quite hit the career heights their talent deserved. Lamela may develop into a Bale like level or may stick around at Spurs winning goal of the season and show boating. Either way that goal is a goal very much of the Tottenham tradition. He dared, he did, the whole world's eyes have seen the glory.

I think some people need to calm down a bit, one swallow doesn't make a summer

great goal yes, but we haven't won anything yet, one off his **** in the final would be a more memorable goal for me

I am still a little worried over Pochettino's lack of reaction to the goal. Has anything come out about it.

Looking back at the replays he looked a tad p#ssed off, even though he had scored, I am wondering whether he was peeved with him trying such a thing while the game was in the balance?

Nothing to be worried about. He's showed plenty of emotion in other games.

I think he was just upset that we were letting them in too easy. Very small margins between being 2-0 up and them equalizing only minutes before. Shows a lot of professionalism imo.

You can argue that Durham is correct. I find it unfathomable that a player simply refuses to hit a ball with his wrong foot. A swinger at times is effective and more so than trying to get it to your correct foot which isn't possible.

Lamela if he had even an inkling of a right foot would I've hit that with his right.

Same thing was said about Bale when he chose to rabona a cross from the right hand side with his left foot. Could argue that it was correct then too I suppose, but I don't really see it.

Sometimes when you play football something just feels right, it just feels instinctively like the thing to do. And sometimes it works out. It's not like he's trying this every game...

There was a moment earlier in the game where he decided to play a pass with the outside of his left instead of using his right. It was a terrible pass.

There was a moment earlier in the game where he decided to play a pass with the outside of his left instead of using his right. It was a terrible pass.

ive never seen Bale make a pass with his right foot in my life. Bale was obviously further ahead in development when he developed his ability to score with his right foot.

Modric using the outside of his right foot instead of the inside of his left when playing passes didn't seem to set him back much... ;)

Lamela may develop into a Bale like level or may stick around at Spurs winning goal of the season and show boating. Either way that goal is a goal very much of the Tottenham tradition. He dared, he did, the whole world's eyes have seen the glory.

Yessssssssssssssss, love this

Modric using the outside of his right foot instead of the inside of his left when playing passes didn't seem to set him back much... ;)

In this case it was short(ish), sideways pass just outside their box that missed its recipient quite considerably.

Back