• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

Thought he was good, very classy on the ball and made the right decisions most of the time.

Defensive work was better than when he was at Roma. I wonder if that's just because he wants to impress though, bit like Capoue playing it simple in his first few games.

He was ok it was just that their fullback cottoned on to his feint right and go back onto his left trick

I just think he will take a while to settle in. Its as if he wasnt sure where to play or have any understanding with the team. Some have settled in fairly quickly like Paulinho or Eriksen and some wiltake a while - he and Chadli will I think.

I was suprised Chadli didnt start.

I just think he will take a while to settle in. Its as if he wasnt sure where to play or have any understanding with the team. Some have settled in fairly quickly like Paulinho or Eriksen and some wiltake a while - he and Chadli will I think.

I was suprised Chadli didnt start.

Injured apparently.

I think the players just need to get used to his drifting inside to find him in the little pockets he picks up he played some nice one-twos and a good assist for Defoe, it will come

Are people seriously doubting him? He's not a push and run player like Townsend, he's more of an understated pass and mover with the ability to run at players when needed, I was impressed tonight ... apparently some weren't though?

I think it was always expected that Lamela will take longer to adapt and settle in. But no one should be in any doubt of his abilities.

Are people seriously doubting him? He's not a push and run player like Townsend, he's more of an understated pass and mover with the ability to run at players when needed, I was impressed tonight ... apparently some weren't though?

Exactly he gets the ball lays it off then moves inside, plays it quick and moves. He's got tricks and he's got a burst of pace but he's not lightening fast. He is however a flair player with great movement as seen when Sandro almost picked him out but the ball was too high

Very measured performances, very calm and composed on the ball, with some good passing.

That was probably the best pass Defoe has received in the last two years. If he can start going past plays, he will look very good indeed.

I meant to add that when he layed it off and moved inside he wasn't being found, but the players need to get used to him as he drifts a lot and doesn't take up positions like a traditional winger

Loved watching him tonight, looks very classy, will be a big big player when fully settled into england

Thought he looked very good tonight. Quick, great ball control, some lovely passing, great movement, maybe took a few dribbles to many at times, but overall - looked class. Will just get better. :)

I'm sorry i don't see it. Thought he looked decent today but was peripheral today against a tromso team that were dire. Certainly not writing the guy off but saw nothing today that left me impressed. What did he do to warrant your praise?

I feel confident he will come good but nothing today made me think wow that was impressive. Not like defoe, holtby or eriksen at any rate!

I'm sorry i don't see it. Thought he looked decent today but was peripheral today against a tromso team that were dire. Certainly not writing the guy off but saw nothing today that left me impressed. What did he do to warrant your praise?

I feel confident he will come good but nothing today made me think wow that was impressive. Not like defoe, holtby or eriksen at any rate!

I agree with all this but Holtby had a poor game for me. Misplaced passes, ok he had an assist but still thought he was under par today.

Lamela will take time to adjust to playing the way AVB wants to play. He'll come good - Eriksen is the most impressive of our signings. He will be immense this season.

Back