• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

you know what....hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

i have just realised something. posting style indicates that someone on here probably has two accounts:)

Completely disagree, Brad was causing us problems early in the season and would have continued to cause us problems. Hugo has less work to do because he commands his area, something 'stay at home' Brad palpably fails to do.

Hugo 7 clean sheets, Brad zero.

Hugo 25 points from 11 games (title challenging/winning form)

Brad 14 points from 10 games (midtable form)

went through this already. how much of this is easier opposition and the defense rounding into form, especially verts?

went through this already. how much of this is easier opposition and the defense rounding into form, especially verts?

thank you very much.

the odd thing is that some people were talking about venables , you'd think they would be long in the tooth to take all these factors into consideration

And we'll doubtless go through it again. There are a number of factors that see the massive difference in ppg under Hugo, but a key one is that he's a superior keeper to Brad, and makes AVB's high line work better.

Are you arguing that Friedel is as good as Lloris?

Are you arguing that Friedel is better than Lloris?

Are you arguing that our results would be better with Friedel?

Are you arguing that our results would be as good with Friedel?

Personally I think Brad is a good keeper but I think Hugo is a better one. I also think he is one of the very best in terms of coming off his line. I have really been impressed with the number of times he has moved swiftly to collect the ball from the toes of an attacker

1. easily
2. dont know yet, lloris is young. though someone with built-in hype will get a better reuptation from the off. if friedel was french, i'm sure they'd have called him world class at 25 too. but he had THE WALL to contend with.
3. same reusults.
4. easily

i'm not askking for much here, people are going overboard with the praise. i'm just saying, when results start to dip as always happens with a football club unless you're barca, we'll see.

Personally I think Brad is a good keeper but I think Hugo is a better one.

I don't think many are denying this it's just some are saying that AVB should have made Lloris no.1 from the start but I believe AVB handled the situation perfectly. Anyway we'll never know if we would have got more points with Lloris in goal ahead of Friedel so this discussion will keep going round in circles

I'm really surprised the american thinks friedel should still be our starter. Look, we all love Brad, we all want him to stay on and be our coach. but you'd have to be blind not to see that Lloris is a better goalkeeper, now, and the potential to far exceed Brad.

Don't see it as a negative, see it as an amazing thing for Spurs!

I'm really surprised the american thinks friedel should still be our starter. Look, we all love Brad, we all want him to stay on and be our coach. but you'd have to be blind not to see that Lloris is a better goalkeeper, now, and the potential to far exceed Brad.

Don't see it as a negative, see it as an amazing thing for Spurs!
This. Why are we still dwelling on this? Friedel was a great starter for us at a time when we needed stability at the back. It was one of Harry's best signings IMO, just what we needed. The fact remains that we have one of the best prospects in the world in between the sticks now. Friedel is 41 after all - why should we sign Lloris for £10+ million and sit him on the bench behind someone who's career is nearly over?

I really don't know why we are discussing this still. AvB has handled the situation perfectly.

I think the actual argument he's making is Friedel is more American than Lloris.

1. easily
2. dont know yet, lloris is young. though someone with built-in hype will get a better reuptation from the off. if friedel was french, i'm sure they'd have called him world class at 25 too. but he had THE WALL to contend with.
3. same reusults.
4. easily

i'm not askking for much here, people are going overboard with the praise. i'm just saying, when results start to dip as always happens with a football club unless you're barca, we'll see.

And based on what you said in the Coventry OMT you believe that your viewpoint is the objective one?

I really do need to stop even looking at the Friedal/Lloris threads nevermind posting in them. Makes grim reading either way.

1. easily
3. same reusults.
4. easily

He is not 25 he is 26, but he is a very good keeper, and with 42 international caps I would suggest he has a bit of experience as well

Back