• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Didier Deschamps stepped up his war of words with Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas over his treatment of Hugo Lloris.

France head coach Deschamps has been concerned with the lack of first-team action the goalkeeper has been getting since his £8m switch from Lyon on transfer deadline day.

Last week Deschamps claimed Villas-Boas' rotation policy could have a detrimental effect on the goalkeeper's form which the Spurs boss shrugged off, saying of Deschamps' comments: "It goes in one ear and comes out the other."

Deschamps responded in kind and was quoted by L'Equipe as saying: "I have two ears as well. What he (Villas-Boas) says has the same effect on me."

Lloris has started six games for Tottenham but only one in the Premier League as Villas-Boas continues to select Brad Friedel ahead of the Frenchman.

"We are not talking of a player who does not play," Deschamps said. "Since he played his excellent match against Spain (France's 1-1 draw last month), he has kept goal three times.

"Hugo is playing one match per week. Of course, he would like to play more, and it is not the case for the moment," the former Chelsea midfielder was quoted as saying on Eurosport's website.

"He is getting on with it as best he possibly can (but) obviously he would like to play more."

Hugo Lloris has described his start to life at Tottenham as a "a tough situation" and told reporters he could consider leaving in January.

Since joining Spurs in August the France captain has started just one Premier League game, against Aston Villa, with American veteran Brad Friedel, 41, is preferred by manager Andre Villas-Boas

Lloris started for France in the 2-1 win friendly win against Italy on Wednesday night, and said it "was a pleasure" to be back in goal for his country. He added that ''he had to take everything he can, it's a little bit hard for now.

''I'm training, I'm trying to stay professional, I'm doing my best but the coach makes his choices", he underlined.

On the subject of leaving Tottenham Lloris commented, ''Everything is possible'', and although he enjoys playing with the team he said ''when you are a competitor, you want to be on the pitch."

His opposite number on Wednesday, Paris Saint-Germain and Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu waded into the debate by claiming he doesn't understand why Lloris remains on Spurs bench.

"To be honest, I like Friedel, he is amazing at his age. But Tottenham is lucky to have Hugo", Sirigu said. ''He is the France captain, one of the best goalkeepers in Europe. I don't know why they bought him at this price [€10M] and they don't play with him."

No way would Levy sell in January - if anyone Brad should be considering his options if he wants to say fit and play regurarly

No way would Levy sell in January - if anyone Brad should be considering his options if he wants to say fit and play regurarly

:) but he is staying fit by playing regularly and it looks like AVB wants it to continue this way

AVB will probably want Friedel to extend his contract ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically pretty much everyone in the footballing world is baffled at our decision to not install Lloris as our number one....

Does anyone think that maybe Levy might have a word with AVB regarding lloris ? I know and appreciate chairmen should not interfere with team selection but surely he is thinking a lot like the rest of us . He put a lot of effort & money getting the French number one to come to us and it seems like AVB doesn't wants him , will he keep watching what's going on or maybe say something ?

Does anyone think that maybe Levy might have a word with AVB regarding lloris ? I know and appreciate chairmen should not interfere with team selection but surely he is thinking a lot like the rest of us . He put a lot of effort & money getting the French number one to come to us and it seems like AVB doesn't wants him , will he keep watching what's going on or maybe say something ?

I'm curious as to what Levy has asked AVB to deliver. If there's some kind of long(ish) term project, what do we have to gain from keeping Lloris on the bench? He needs to play more than once in 11 league games.

So basically pretty much everyone in the footballing world is baffled at our decision to not install Lloris as our number one....

This is my main (and only major) gripe with AVB so far - absolutely terrible decision, imv - especially considering the fact Brad's leaked goals all season

Maybe levy should have put more effort in getting players AVB wanted like Moutinho..Instead he went for a keeper we didn't need and dross like Gylfi and Dempsey.

Maybe levy should have put more effort in getting players AVB wanted like Moutinho..Instead he went for a keeper we didn't need and dross like Gylfi and Dempsey.

Hahaha

Brad is 42 soon and we 'didn't need a keeper'?

Come off it, mate - France's no.1

I'm curious as to what Levy has asked AVB to deliver. If there's some kind of long(ish) term project, what do we have to gain from keeping Lloris on the bench? He needs to play more than once in 11 league games.

He has def brought in AVB to build for the future but surely the future is Lloris .. I could understand if we had bought say Butland and were bringing him along slowly but we have one of the top 5 keepers in the world ( my opinion) and we are not using him . I would just love to know AVBs thinking .

The thing that annoys me most about the Lloris situation is say he did get p1ssed off and ask to leave, I really cant see that we'll be able to attract a better keeper than him. Signing him was a real coup

We should therefore be playing him and enabling him to develop an understanding with the defence rather than playing Freidel who, in all likelihood, wont be around next year

Always wanted AVB as our manager but some of his decisions really baffle me

Back