• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He was in his early days, but it is now far from world class and he is glued to his line. Since his injury he seems afraid to come out.

He is still an extremely good shot stopper (top level)

I don't know what happened to the sweeper keeper we bought though, him, instructions, tactics?? he is nailed to the line and it takes zero pressure off the back line where for years he would come out and kill things before they became a threat.

I don't know what happened to the sweeper keeper we bought though, him, instructions, tactics?? he is nailed to the line and it takes zero pressure off the back line where for years he would come out and kill things before they became a threat.
Probably lost some pace over the years. He made some mistakes and either by choice or by instruction he's stayed back a lot more. Under Mourinho it probably was by instruction/tactics as the plan was seemingly to defend deep enough to not have that as a problem.

Wouldn't expect that to change now, would be a big gamble to ask an older keeper that hasn't done that for some years now to be really aggressive off his line.

I think it's just one of those things we have to accept as long as he's our first choice, along with not being commanding in the air coming for crosses and not being great with the ball at his feet.

His shot stopping makes up for some of our as long as that remains top notch.

Probably lost some pace over the years. He made some mistakes and either by choice or by instruction he's stayed back a lot more. Under Mourinho it probably was by instruction/tactics as the plan was seemingly to defend deep enough to not have that as a problem.

Wouldn't expect that to change now, would be a big gamble to ask an older keeper that hasn't done that for some years now to be really aggressive off his line.

I think it's just one of those things we have to accept as long as he's our first choice, along with not being commanding in the air coming for crosses and not being great with the ball at his feet.

His shot stopping makes up for some of our as long as that remains top notch.
The bare minimum for a top keeper is to be a good shot stopper. It's the other parts that set the really top keepers apart, commanding their area, being good at crosses, quick off their line and being good with the ball at their feet. Unfortunately, the only thing Lloris has is his shot stopping (and yes, it is still top quality).

The bare minimum for a top keeper is to be a good shot stopper. It's the other parts that set the really top keepers apart, commanding their area, being good at crosses, quick off their line and being good with the ball at their feet. Unfortunately, the only thing Lloris has is his shot stopping (and yes, it is still top quality).

dhzimqi96oi71.png

But how many could have been avoided if he caught a few crosses or came off his line to clear through balls? There's more to keeping than the one metric you show here.

Agreed, even if if that is impossible to quantify.

The data just shows what we know, at pure shot stopping he's incredible ..

I do miss the sweeper keeper version of him.

Been a top keeper ( third in the list of best keepers i have seen at the Lane), but he has dropped in standard over the last couple of years, i hope that our new keeper can push harder then some of his previous back ups have.

The most shocking stat is the number of shots we faced last season. Only the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, WBA, Leeds and Sheffield United let the opposition have more shots than us. Says a lot about our defending under Mourinho.
And the lack of possession

Looked good to me sweeping up and coming out to narrow the angle, when Traore was clean through on his own... a world class piece of work. Hugo was the main reason we came back with 3 points from Molyneux, rather than 1 or 0.

Interesting, around the 1:30 mark, when he talks about keeping focused every day and how that's the message from the manager... and from Steve, and from Fabio.
I hope it doesn't turn out to be too many cooks.

Interesting, around the 1:30 mark, when he talks about keeping focused every day and how that's the message from the manager... and from Steve, and from Fabio.
I hope it doesn't turn out to be too many cooks.
Fabio has ultimate accountability so he will always be involved as the team evolves

Back