• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

When we signed Hugo I genuinely believed we had the keeper to see us through for the next 6 or 7 seasons, maybe more. The real rock from which to build things. As with Schmeichel, Cech, even Reina to some degree.

Was debating with a chelsea and liverpool mate last night that Cech didn't really deserve to be in PFA ToY as i don't recall too many outstanding appearances, and that his record is largely due to Terry and Cahill being immense this season.
I raised Lloris as a contender and was immediately slammed as he's "dodgy", "rushes off his line erratically", "prone to giving away pens". My argument was that that is his game/style and as such it comes with a few risks. Much like Rogers playing the ball out from defence or across back line. It always comes with possibility of mistakes but generally has more positives than negatives. He soon shut up when i mentioned Gerrard's vital slip in a key area!

Anyway, i'll be gutted if Hugo-a-go-go-goes. But my shout for a decent and realistic replacement, would be Fraser Forster. From what i've seen he's a very very good keeper and would probably jump at the chance to move to Prem to boost his england chances and get exposure in a top league.

I've heard the same argument about Lloris from people on here aswell as other teams' supporters. However, how many times has he actually cost us goals? Not many at all....

I've heard the same argument about Lloris from people on here aswell as other teams' supporters. However, how many times has he actually cost us goals? Not many at all....

Well worth the risk for me. A more conservative goalkeeper would have ended up facing a lot more one on one chances in the box after just staying on his line.

Well worth the risk for me. A more conservative goalkeeper would have ended up facing a lot more one on one chances in the box after just staying on his line.

Exactly. This is why I think Gomes took a lot of unfair stick. He came out for literally everything in the box. Ok, it looked like mayhem at times but by and large he protected that defence (forgetting about the time he chinned Corluka with one of his punches!) Obviously didn't help his case with a couple of times where he literally threw the ball in the net mind....

Exactly. This is why I think Gomes took a lot of unfair stick. He came out for literally everything in the box. Ok, it looked like mayhem at times but by and large he protected that defence (forgetting about the time he chinned Corluka with one of his punches!) Obviously didn't help his case with a couple of times where he literally threw the ball in the net mind....

Problem with Gomes was that one mistake and his confidence dropped and it all started a negative spiral. You have to be able to handle the set backs as a goalkeeper.

Something Hugo clearly does.

Problem with Gomes was that one mistake and his confidence dropped and it all started a negative spiral. You have to be able to handle the set backs as a goalkeeper.

Something Hugo clearly does.

Of course, don't get me wrong I'm not saying Gomes was as good as Lloris. Although his proactive attitude probably saved us more points than we'd appreciate....

cant believe the hate for Joe Hart...... Both he and Lloris have their strengths and weaknesses, but id say they are overall at the same level. Very good keepers but not world class

cant believe the hate for Joe Hart...... Both he and Lloris have their strengths and weaknesses, but id say they are overall at the same level. Very good keepers but not world class

Joe Hart is not on the same level as Lloris. I don't even think Lloris is this super keeper that most like to make out but on par with Hart? he's comfortably better.

what is the problem with Hart???

Of the top of my head it's probably the amount of goals that he lets creep in that others wouldn't.. He reminds me of Robinson in that he was a solid all-round keeper that looks quality but he always conceeded a few low driven shots from outside the box squirm under him each year.. It used to do my head in.

I'm resigned to us losing Hugo Boss this summer.

He has his flaws but his pros outweigh them. We will miss him a huge(o) amount. Can't see us upgrading him. Best case scenario probably is Begovic, but CL clubs might be on his tail.

Only ourselves to blame if he does leave for this cluster**** of a season. He deserves to be playing at the highest level.

Back