• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

HRH Queenie

You are absolutely spot on about the house of Lords. The Irish system of an upper chamber seems if I have it correct, a very good one.

The reason I voted out of the EU is because we need less corrupt idiots telling us what to do not more.

Our views are quite similar we are just coming from different angles.

A democratically elected upper chamber with a time limit on how long people can serve and some actual experience in the real world, like former police officers, farmers etc. That would be a good start. Can't stand the house of Lords.

Do you know how the Irish upper chamber is elected?
I think there is a potential way for that to work - however I don't think it'd get public buy in.
A framework for eligibility to stand and assessment process - in the same way as you for a job interview to whittle it down to X number of candidates. Those candidates are then voted for.

That isn't a million miles away from what already happens with the public servants in some parts of Civil Service Administration, albeit there is no election - they are appointed after passing benchmarking.

No party affiliation allowed.
All conflicts of interest declared up front and anything no declared (irrespective of reason) equals immediate removal from post and rather than a new election, the second placed person is offered the role.

What sort of macaron puts this stuff together?

We steal stuff and take it back to our colony? Surely if we are British we are in Britain?

Oh and we don’t have a Queen. We have a King.

Beans come from Heinz who are American.

Crumbly pasties? Wtaf?
a) pastries
b) don't be a twit

Like Britain is the only country that practiced colonialism and slavery. We’ve got a sorry history in that respect but guess what, so do most countries. The Greeks, Romans, Carthaginians all took things that weren’t theirs and had slaves, not to mention countries in Asia, Africa and the Arab world had slaves too.

Presentism seems to be a growing trend these days.

Last edited:
Like Britain is the only country that practiced colonialism and slavery. We’ve got a sorry history in that respect but guess what, so do most countries. The Greeks, Romans, Carthaginians all took things that weren’t theirs and had slaves, not to mention countries in Asia, Africa and the Arab world had slaves too.

Presentism seems to be a growing trend these days.
Pretty sure every country has had slaves of the traditional form at one point or another
And there are still issues now with modern slavery

What makes a good king?

that's sort of my point. It's a pointless question in itself, but the UK has eaten itself to proclaim Charles will be a good king now, for no apparent reason, other than he's ascended to the throne, when for years it thought otherwise. It's all just trash.

that's sort of my point. It's a pointless question in itself, but the UK has eaten itself to proclaim Charles will be a good king now, for no apparent reason, other than he's ascended to the throne, when for years it thought otherwise. It's all just trash.

People want to give him a chance I imagine. That’s all it is. If Conte leaves and we replace him with Brendan Rodgers there would be some unhappiness about it, but most people would give him the chance rather than writing him off before he takes charge of a single game. Same principle here.

History shows is a bad king
Charles will be just “ there “… no more or less
Although I do think he will push for changes on the environmental side and us his relative power for that

I absolutely would not :p

There’s always the exception :D but in general, most fans will get behind a new manager even if they don’t like or rate him, unless they managed the goons of course. A lot of people on here were sceptical of AVB for example before he arrived but I think everyone game him a chance. Turns out they were right to be skepticism though when it came to him.

Reactions: DTA
Not many. But I know plenty of liberals who are royalists. I think that’s reflected by the coverage on tv. Most of the big networks pander to a liberal audience a lot of the time, so they wouldn’t go all in on the heavy coverage they have provided for the Queen’s death if they didn’t think people would watch.

I think it's more the risk of the backlash in this country if the big Networks did not, rather than liberals being massive Royalists; yes many can be, but Liberals are often a dumb/deluded bunch (imagine howling as they do about 'Tory Scum' yet fawning over the Monarchy LOLZ :D)

People want to give him a chance I imagine. That’s all it is. If Conte leaves and we replace him with Brendan Rodgers there would be some unhappiness about it, but most people would give him the chance rather than writing him off before he takes charge of a single game. Same principle here.

I would rather Prince Charles at Spurs than Brendan Pardew

Back