• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How would you remember Daniel Levy?

Do you beleive Daniel Levy can return us to the 'Glory Days'?

• Yes

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he's been great. We've won a trophy under him, got Champions League football under him. Some people just tend to overrate our team that's all and expect us to buy the best players despite not being in the Champions League and contend for the title.

I think he's been great. We've won a trophy under him, got Champions League football under him. Some people just tend to overrate our team that's all and expect us to buy the best players despite not being in the Champions League and contend for the title.

I think Levy will also be remembered for losing our FA Cup legacy. We have failed to win the FA Cup in 2001 and 2011 when we are supposed to win when the year ends with "1". Won't forgive Levy for sacking GG before the FA Cup semifinal in 2001.

I think Levy will also be remembered for losing our FA Cup legacy. We have failed to win the FA Cup in 2001 and 2011 when we are supposed to win when the year ends with "1". Won't forgive Levy for sacking GG before the FA Cup semifinal in 2001.

yeah in 2001 we would have beat arse and liverpool with GG in charge. One his ex, the other his b!tch who he loved to beat

one Carling cup and one CL campaign in 12 years is pretty poor tbh

At the moment DL would be remembered for club stability and being a tough negotiator. But I'm hoping the best is yet to come.

Now now! Not quite the same is it. Arse managed to attract Wenger at a time when they were relatively similar in status to us. I'd cheerfully settled for a manager who could win us two league and cup doubles plus 20 years of CL qualification thank you very much.

Anyway you never know, AVB might yet turn out to be the very man.

Santini, Ramos and AVB all had bigger reputations when signing for us than Wenger did when he went to Arsenal. Imagine if we had gone for someone managing in the J-League last summer?

Yep.

Here's Daniel and I quite a few years later...

1-163.jpg

He's done well with no oil money.

I still don't understand where Liverpool gets its money from. It's not exactly a rich city and the owners must at some point get bored of pumping money into a club which gets no results.

Pool is the polar opposite to us from a luck perspective, despite their victim mentality. As the other poster mentioned they have good merchandising revenue.

The other thing most people miss is, Pool were up to their necks in debt with the last owners, and when the club was bought out, the previous owners basically got burnt (they tried to take it to court), so Pool almost as much as any other club won a several million pound lottery. And they are well on their way to adding back up the debt.

As a truly great Chairman 95% of the time, however one whose legacy is tarnished by a couple of (IMO serious) miscalculations, those being Jol and a handful a transfer related incidents/policies.

I think he has done a great job, he has brought out team back from mid table mediocrity, brought great players to the club ( Berby, Modric, Bale, Sandro, VDV, Lloris), and turned us into a team who are now regarded as challengers again.

Of course he has made mistakes but then again so does everyone.

Last edited:
An absolutely superb chairman that if it wasn't for the oil money buy outs would have us ducking it out with Arsenal and Man United for the title by now.

That said, he had to learn a fair bit in his first few years with us but now I feel like he's on track, knows exactly what it will take to get us where we want to go and we just have to be patient and let it happen.

A hard negotiator which at times was to the detriment of the squad development.

It isn't possible for teams of our size to keep the best players but in trying to squeeze the highest fees he left us vulnerable going into the next season. Panic buy replacements are the only blight I can think of on Levy's reputation.

He comes across as a calm leader who is delivering us an amazing stadium and has already delivered us the training complex. We are keeping up a top four challenge year after year and have done this without paying crazy wages.

I personally would like to thank him for the work he's done up to now.

Pretty much this.

A very good chairman, overrated by some Spurs fans. A man who will more than likely ensure. Spurs will always be competing in and around the top 6. Can he ultimately help us reach that next level of consistent CL football and challenging for titles? I'm not sure. Being a Spurs fan is better now than it was 10 years ago that's for sure, he deserves part of the credit for that.

He has done a good job but ultimately he will be known, in my view, as the 'nearly man'.

Then again it may be unfair as he is doing what he can with the funds he has got.

Back