• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How the f*ck do you speak 11 languages!!

I speak decent to good Spanish. Self taught so can't recommend what your using or anything else but hope it works for you mate. Great when you go over there and can speak and understand what they're saying.

It's easier to learn new languages when you're young, but some just have a natural talent for picking it up. Most cyclists speak at least 3 languages fluent. Riding at 40 km/h while listening to people chatting in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Dutch.

I speak decent to good Spanish. Self taught so can't recommend what your using or anything else but hope it works for you mate. Great when you go over there and can speak and understand what they're saying.

Out of interest how did you self teach yourself? Is it best to go for something like Rosetta stone or just plough through books?

Been with my Italian gf for three years and fed up with feeling like a plum when we go over to see her family/mates in italy, need to learn some lingo

My brother married a Spanish bird so we went over there 3 times a year. That helped a lot obviously but yeah I bought a load of books and a dictionary where it breaks down all the syllables. Spent about a year talking Spanish in my head instead of English. All my everyday thoughts I was saying in Spanish and after the year I was there. Plus I told myself I ad to learn one new word every day.

Wow!

Even more impressive as he now seems to be moving out of the family of indo European languages and on to Hebrew, then Arabic.

I would love to learn Euskara, the language of the Basque people, which is unique in that it has no known links to any other language on Earth. Quite remarkable, especially as they are surrounded by other languages of major influence.
8)

some people can just do it.. absorb it more than others.

barry sheene could speak nine or so languages? he was surrounded by multi-national people all the time though, so i suppose that would help.

wish i could talk something other than english and basic japanese/italian... i want to learn french.

A bird I went with for a while at uni spoke English, German, Spanish, Dutch and some Italian. Her mum was dutch and her dad was foreign as well, she told me that if you leanr multiple languages when you are young your brain re-maps itself so that learning more languages becomes easier. Brains are cool.

Defo - my mate lives in Paris with her French husband, he speaks French to the kids and she speaks English and the son who is 4 can speak both equally well, you can speak English to him and he can answer in French.

Not that it's particularly useful anywhere other than Japan, but I would love to speak Japanese. It seems like such a challenge and would be very rewarding. I want to go there and teach English for a year, so hoping that will give me the opportunity (no you don't ned to speak it to teach there).

I was thinking about getting Rosetta Stone but I have my doubts as to it's effectiveness, living in a country, where you want to learn the language, is the best way to learn. But can be very difficult, for example, if they constantly speak something, and your clueless to what they are saying, how are you meant to learn from it? body/hand mannerisms?

I have been trying to learn german because the are no latvian language tapes so it will be easier for me to speak german and most latvians can understand german as the language is so similar. Some latvians are native russains but interestingly just last week they voted to ban the use of russain in schools in latvia, it is only to be latvian(which sounds a lot like german) and english is to be the second langauge.

I maybe trying to learn german but am not getting very far, a lot say it is easier to learn when your young and im not that. Im also not very academic so that does not help. I think i do okay speaking but i have no idea what the recordings say when i listen to the lady speaking and have to wait for the english term that comes next.

Wish the was some sort of device like a mobile phone you could hold up and it would pick up the words someone says and then translates its onto the screen in your choosen langauge. Not sure why no one has come up with that im sure it would be a big seller. I admire you guys that are doing it to test your mental strength good luck to you, but im annoyed by anyone who does not speak english.

I was thinking about getting Rosetta Stone but I have my doubts as to it's effectiveness, living in a country, where you want to learn the language, is the best way to learn. But can be very difficult, for example, if they constantly speak something, and your clueless to what they are saying, how are you meant to learn from it? body/hand mannerisms?

Short of living in a country its the best out there IMO

Back