• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How often do you get a new TV?

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
So I've had a Samsung LCD TV in my room for 5 and a half years. We got the same make but a different model downstairs and it's vastly superior in picture and sound compared to the one in my room. I got a new blu ray player for xmas, but the sound on my tv ain't quite up to scratch. So is it extravagant to go out and buy another tv? I watch a lot of tv and blu rays so it's definitely something I would get my money's worth from.

You will NOT get good sound from any modern TV on its own.

Latest TVs are now using same speakers as mobile phones. Get a dedicated surround system, or a soundbar

Every 15 years or so. There's no point trying to keep up with the "advances"

First it was widescreen, so feckin wot?

Then High Def, so feckin wot? I don't want to see Mark Lawrenson's face in High Definition.

Then 3D, horrible to watch.

Just go outside every now and then instead mate.

I've only ever bought one new TV. The one I currently have. A Sony Bravia that must be at least as old as the number of years I've lived in my current house. Which is now seven years. No intention of changing for at least the next couple of years. Unless we move house. Which we will. And the screen becomes too small for how far our sofa will be from it. Which it may do.

But I reckon ten years at least under normal circumstances before I'd consider a new set.

Actually, about 5 years is what I'm working to

Will definitely go for a 3D set next year

Had my 46" Sony LCD for a few years now

Actually, about 5 years is what I'm working to

Will definitely go for a 3D set next year

Had my 46" Sony LCD for a few years now

Yeh, my Panasonic plasma is over 5 years old now. It's fine, but, is not FULL HD (1080p) and with the frame size from back then, I can now get a 46/47 inch screen which is hardly any bigger in total dimensions than what I have (37 inch), thanks to the new slimline bezels.

Then High Def, so feckin wot? I don't want to see Mark Lawrenson's face in High Definition.

I like this.

Every three years I suppose. Arent they like laptops and PCs? Life cycle of three years

I only get one when the current one is about to expire. I hardly watch TV, the missus only watches brick. brick is brick regardless of the format she watches it in so no need to be in a technology race.

Spot on. Got better things to spend my dosh on.

had my Sony Bravia up until a few weeks a go (stolen along with my PS3 and Wii) - think i had that about 6/7 years and wasn't particularly thinking about renewing it.

not even sure if i will - got a 24" HD monitor in my bedroom for the pc - pretty sure i could use a (new) ps3 with that

had my Sony Bravia up until a few weeks a go (stolen along with my PS3 and Wii) - think i had that about 6/7 years and wasn't particularly thinking about renewing it.

not even sure if i will - got a 24" HD monitor in my bedroom for the pc - pretty sure i could use a (new) ps3 with that

I have a sony bravia and wanna get rid of it - had it for seven months. Wanna buy it for 1 million quid? Ill throw in the box that came with it and a remote too. HDMI cables too. Maybe a night with me too.

hmmm, when I first moved out back 6 years ago now got a Hitachi Plasma TV, which is still going strong. Dont feel the need to get one yet until it goes I guess. The HD is good and Im not one for perfection when it comes to technology.

I want a new one now...

Every three years I suppose. Arent they like laptops and PCs? Life cycle of three years

Don't be silly, TVs will last 15 years easy, a computer would never last 15 years and still keep up with software etc.

There really is no point in upgrading TVs.

If you want a bigger TV, sit a bit closer.

If you want to see old people's faces in extremely high definition, 46 inches wide, you need to go and see a doctor about it.

Don't be silly, TVs will last 15 years easy, a computer would never last 15 years and still keep up with software etc.

There really is no point in upgrading TVs.

If you want a bigger TV, sit a bit closer.

If you want to see old people's faces in extremely high definition, 46 inches wide, you need to go and see a doctor about it.

Never mind old people, have you seen Kierston Wareing's lips, they'd be horrendous in 46" HD.

Back