• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much would you pay...

I resent having to pay anything more than face value. As someone that puts on gigs that have sold out in advance,I’ve had to deal with people touting tickets and I despise them.

I have had security take tickets from people who have been trying to sell tickets outside the venue, get their name and contact details, and if someone asks on the door about getting a ticket for a sold out show, we will then refund them the face value (excluding the booking fees they would have paid to the ticket companies).

I could have made myself a quick buck on a few shows, where people have offered me as much as 20x the face value, but it could risk the credibility of my business with others in the industry that I’ve worked hard to build up.

Bang on. The reason its so hard to get tickets for so many things is people buying them up quick just to resell them.

I had tickets for the 2008 UEFA cup final. I heard that these were changing hands for 4 figures apiece. I had misgivings & so didn't cash in. Maybe I should have!

I paid ?ú230 for my Pompey Semi Final ticket, along with ?ú60 hotel and ?ú250 travel.

Considered it this time but simply cant afford to do that again

I wish somebody would do a documentary on touts (the guys you see on the streets)

Very "interesting" characters shall we say

I'd do it myself, but I don't have a video camera and I'm not a journalist

I wonder how much the average tout makes on a match day?

There's enough old bill around....nothing is done because the authorities don't give a fudge who buys the tickets, as long as they get sold.

Feel sorry for all fans buying tickets off the market at high price.

I got lucky for the first time in my life.

I've got a spare for the match... Spurs supporting mates are either already going or can't make it.

Got an offer from a friend of a friend, but I just don't trust that someone I don't know personally won't simply pass it on for a profit. Sad times but there will be an empty seat because of it.

A mate of mine was offered ?ú1000 for his Millwall ticket when they got to the final of the F.A cup againsy Utd but he was a hardcore Millwall fan and knew he would probably not see them in a major cup final for a long time.

Touting football tickets is illegal, due to hooliganism. Therefore although it happens you don't tend to find the touts near police. Touting of live music events isn't, and the touts position themselves near to police in case of confrontation.

Although to be fair most of the touts on the street dont need police back up, as they're probably handy enough.

Without taking wanting to take the thread off topic, did anyone see the documentry recently about 'The Great Ticket Scam'?

A mate of mine was offered £1000 for his Millwall ticket when they got to the final of the F.A cup againsy Utd but he was a hardcore Millwall fan and knew he would probably not see them in a major cup final for a long time.

I would have taken that, done copious amounts of Montana powder and sat at my desk with it all over the desk.

I didn't take up mine as I don't want to go to Wembley for a semi final...so a member got it for face value. I'd never sell a Spurs ticket for profit.

personally i think any Spurs fan selling a ticket to another Spurs fan for profit is a fudging arsehole and wouldn't give them the pleasure of my hard earned cash

I'm thinking about tipping up for the champions league final and seeing if i can blag something. probably buy a moody ticket for about 600 quid.

Got my ticket for the San Siro through the hotel conceirge. However we also had to get a letter from AC Milan saying the ticket had been legitimately transferred to us. Had to show the ticket, the letter and our passports at the turnstiles before we were allowed in. That is the only way to beat touts.

Back