• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How Do You Cope With Defeat?

I break stuff. A laptop, two tv remotes, mobile phone, numerous glasses, foot stool, carpals, metacarpals.............

I also like to start fires.

Cope with it much better than I used to. I once destroyed my bedroom door after we lost to Stoke 1-0 at home! That was a turning point. I'm trying to get to a stage now where a defeat only bothers me for about half and hour, then I try and forget about it. No point getting so worked about it, especially when you have no control over the outcome.

Don't really care much anymore. The Premier league has been destroyed by money and when Chelsea won the CL and City the league, it just proves that there is absolutely no justice in football. How can you care when money talks?

Always wanted to start a thread like this. I used to wonder how other Spurs fans cope with defeats. It always affect me badly whenever we lose, especially against teams we should be beating and particularly in the Cups. When we lost the 2002 WC Final to Blackburn, it took me months to forget that. Nowdays, I try to forget the disappointments by watching highlights of past Spurs matches like the 2008 CC win. Thanks to AVB and the team, this season's memorable and historic win over ManU has given me another way to overcoming Spurs loses as I always watch it to get back the feel-good factor.

jack-the-ripper.jpg

I get the right ump as i am a very competitive person that does not like losing. I do eventually get over it later on in the evening. Chelsea winning the Champions league took about a week to get over as that was the best season we have had footballing wise in my lifetime and plus having United and Chelsea supporting friends did not help the situation.

I cope by coming on here and seeing how pathetic some of the people are on here after a loss, makes me smile :)

I forgot to mention the countless hours I spend thinking after a defeat. For example, I couldn't sleep after the Arsenal game because I was thinking about and trying to understand why AVB makes certain decisions.

William Gallas - why on earth is he such a first choice player for us? The guy is utterly rubbish, old, slow, past it, constantly making mistakes which cause us to conceede goals and whatever else you want to say about him. When Kaboul is fit again, I would play him, Dawson, Caulker and Vertonghen ahead of Gallas so if he still gets picked then, I will be fuming. My first choice back 4 is Walker, Kaboul, Verts, BAE.

I forgot to mention the countless hours I spend thinking after a defeat. For example, I couldn't sleep after the Arsenal game because I was thinking about and trying to understand why AVB makes certain decisions.

William Gallas - why on earth is he such a first choice player for us? The guy is utterly rubbish, old, slow, past it, constantly making mistakes which cause us to conceede goals and whatever else you want to say about him. When Kaboul is fit again, I would play him, Dawson, Caulker and Vertonghen ahead of Gallas so if he still gets picked then, I will be fuming. My first choice back 4 is Walker, Kaboul, Verts, BAE.

Half of whom are injured.

Generally I'll just strop and unsociable.

Although I've started not to hype myself up pre-game like I used to. This helps as there isn't as much as a comedown.

Sad to say it, but things like the NLD don't excite me like they used to in pre-game run ups.

Maybe I'm just used to the days of being mega underdog and the thought of causing an upset was more exciting. Now we're actually expected to challenge gives it a different angle. Before we had nothing to lose.

Back