• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How Can You Aim for 4th?!?!?!?!?!

COYS

Allan Nielsen
I've been posting everywhere recently on here that 4th is not an option, and I still cannot change my mind. However the sentiment right now, for most posters on this board, is that finishing 4th is now our target.

I couldn't give half a fudge where we finished last season! Now we've improved up to the level where we've proven that we can finish 3rd, and the gap we had goes to show it. This is the ONE season we can finish above our biggest rivals and prove we're the best team in London, making us the most attractive club in London. If we don't finish in the automatic CL qualification spot, then Arsenal will be the more attractive club in London once more, and we will not be able to compete for the title next season, which will become perfectly possible if we finish 3rd.

We CAN finish 3rd - we just have to sort our form out and replicate that amazing run we had at the beginning of the season. I don't know what was different then, all I know is we just have to do it again.

I know you're all feeling too down right now for this positivity, but we have what will be the hardest game of what's left of the season in 3 days, and WE NEED SOME POSITIVITY

COYS

I've been posting everywhere recently on here that 4th is not an option, and I still cannot change my mind. However the sentiment right now, for most posters on this board, is that finishing 4th is now our target.

I couldn't give half a fudge where we finished last season! Now we've improved up to the level where we've proven that we can finish 3rd, and the gap we had goes to show it. This is the ONE season we can finish above our biggest rivals and prove we're the best team in London, making us the most attractive club in London. If we don't finish in the automatic CL qualification spot, then Arsenal will be the more attractive club in London once more, and we will not be able to compete for the title next season, which will become perfectly possible if we finish 3rd.

We CAN finish 3rd - we just have to sort our form out and replicate that amazing run we had at the beginning of the season. I don't know what was different then, all I know is we just have to do it again.

I know you're all feeling too down right now for this positivity, but we have what will be the hardest game of what's left of the season in 3 days, and WE NEED SOME POSITIVITY

COYS

I would have said Stoke (H) was a banked on 3 pointer for us, but we barely scraped a point. We haven't got any easy games left this season if were going to play half-arsed like we have in the last few weeks

I would have said Stoke (H) was a banked on 3 pointer for us, but we barely scraped a point. We haven't got any easy games left this season if were going to play half-arsed like we have in the last few weeks

Yeah, but Chelsea away will still be our hardest, whether the rest are hard or not

There is PLENTY to play for. We will come 3rd or 4th for sure. OK 3rd would be better but over the season, if we come 4th we will deserve it. We need Adebayor back, that is for sure, and Lennon. A draw on saturday and I will be purring. The old Spurs would have lost that game, salvaging a draw is very GOOD NEWS - that point could be the point which gets us the Champions League next season.

It might not be an option for you but it's also not in our hands anymore. If Arsenal win all their games or match our points tally (now highly likely) then we're aiming for 4th max. And given Chelsea's resurgence since sacking AVB that wouldn't be a bad outcome at the moment.

Going into the season, I wanted an improvement on the previous year. With us being in fourth place and an FA Cup semi final looming, how can anyone say this season is anything other than a success at the moment?

One season in the top four and Champions League and some fans think we deserve it by some sort of divine right. Behave.

Good man.

I'm actually impressed by the lack of reactionary knee-jerk pansy threads so far.

brick result tonight, brick performance too, but we ain't suddenly brick, just a bit.......off colour.

Comeonyoumotherfudgingspurs!

Going into the season, I wanted an improvement on the previous year. With us being in fourth place and an FA Cup semi final looming, how can anyone say this season is anything other than a success at the moment?

One season in the top four and Champions League and some fans think we deserve it by some sort of divine right. Behave.

Top 4 gets us to the play off and those are no longer the easy way in they used to be. For me losing automatic qualification is more troubling than finish below a rival.

We have the quality and potential to finish third. You can't argue with that. So if we don't finish to our potential then that is what can only be defined as a failure.

We have the quality and potential to finish third. You can't argue with that. So if we don't finish to our potential then that is what can only be defined as a failure.

In our starting eleven yes. Passed that, not so much. I mean today showed, no Lennon, no Adebayor and yet no replacements for them at all. Chelsea and Arsenal both have the quality and potential to finish third too. We got there thanks to poor business from Arsenal at the beginning of the season due to them losing two of their best players (fudge me, imagine if we lost two of ours in Bale and Modric) and AVB being the failure he was.

I can honestly say, the only and i mean ONLY positive to arsenal going above us, is that there is a chance they may become complacent.

You look at you're current position and current form and aim for what you think is achievable.
At the start of the season that was 4th. Around Christmas that was 1st and now that's 4th.
If you're obsessed with Arsenal then 3rd is the be all and end all.

Well third place was ours to lose. In part due to us not consolidating our squad in the winter transfer window and us switching to 4-4-2 because of the lack of adequate backup for key players.

Arsenal have been inconsistent all season, and I'm waiting so patiently for that banana peel. But the more I wait the worse it gets. Something needs to happen. Why haven't Van Persie's legs broken yet? Serious question marks need to be raised over the tactics used by Arsenal's physiotherapist if we're to finish above them

Earlier in the season we were a finely tuned machine. On any given match day the majority of our players played well and the results came. Now more than half of the team is stuttering and look a little jaded, and our bench doesn't look that good. With 10 mins left I felt our season was falling to pieces, but things change.
Chelsea lost - we equalised. That goal by VDV was massive. Absolutely massive. If we'd have lost that game I'm sure the confidence would have totally ebbed away and we'd be in free fall. That goal is a full stop to our blip.

Harry needs to get his head in the game. Set plays are not working and some players are not performing. If he doesn't sort these glaring issues out then he is not the coach I thought he was. I'd drop Parker and King. Most people wouldn't agree with that but that's what I see on the pitch.

Parker has lost his disipline and King has lost his aura. A little momentum and a bit of luck (like those ****s down the road) and we can overtake Arsenal again. COYS.

We need to stop fudging playing Louis Saha!!!!!

We need to stop playing King - and we need new CBs this summer!

The key to finishing 3rd is to not change the team that got us to where we were originally, and somehow re-instil the same training used then again.

I don't know what did it then, but we have to do it again!

COYS

Whatever way we look at it the stark facts are that we have blown the biggest chance we have ever had to finish in an automatic CL spot - all in 24 days!!
Finishing 4th now would be as bad as being 2-0 up and losing 5-2!

Can anyone honestly say with any confidence that we are going to beat Chelsea? We NEVER win there and our current form is dreadful.

Last edited:
Whatever way we look at it the stark facts are that we have blown the biggest chance we have ever had to finish in an automatic CL spot - all in 24 days!!
Finishing 4th now would be as bad as being 2-0 up and losing 5-2!

Nothing's been blown yet because we still have 2 months of the season left!

Can anyone honestly with any confidence that we are going to beat Chelsea? We NEVER win there and our current form is dreadful.

That may work out to our advantage, actually

We need to stop fudging playing Louis Saha!!!!!

We need to stop playing King - and we need new CBs this summer!

The key to finishing 3rd is to not change the team that got us to where we were originally, and somehow re-instil the same training used then again.

I don't know what did it then, but we have to do it again!

COYS

stop playing King? that has got to be right up there with some of the oddest comments i've read on here

whats king got to do with this bad run? the man is still class out there?

and wait a minute, wasnt he part of the team that was winning anyway?

Back