• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Homes Under the Hammer

Sheikh Ma Nuggets

Tony Parks
Anyone else an avid fan of Martin & Lucy? :D

Such a simple format for a show; find brickholes, find buyers for brickholes...see whether buyers make money or not - bingo!

I've got a very good eye for building, so I'm almost always there or thereabouts when it comes to the budget and timeframe. You can always tell the DIY bluffers who confidently claim they'll renovate their new purchase for ?ú5k and in only 4 weeks :ross: When you come back to them later, they're scratching their heads wondering why it took ?ú15k and 3mths :D

Then you get the ones who - 4yrs later - still have bags of sand and timber beams littered around their driveway; taken on much more than they could ever chew. Sometimes it's planning delays, but more often than not you can tell they just lost interest and enthusiasm in finishing off the project.

Best episode I've seen was a couple of chaps who made a ?ú380k profit after renovating some gaff in Chelsea; they added on a stunning extension with fully retractable glass doors right across the width of the property. One of them was a kitchen designer and you could tell from the finish that that cost at least ?ú50k itself.

Have 50 episodes on my Sky+ :ross:

Gutted!
When i first noticed this programme.
I thought it was an IRA ritual, with Eamonn Holmes!

Apparently they are responsible for the recesion according to some one here!

That clearly sounds ridiculous, but there is an element of truth in it.

The whole world went property bonkers, and the financial collapse was down to bankers selling pikeys mortgages for homes they couldn't afford.

The banks, governments, and wall-to-wall TV programmes encouraging everybody to be a homeowner (or even property developer!) had the largest influence on the banking crisis.

Clearly the greedy bankers should shoulder 75% of the blame. But the other 25% should be split between governments, the pikeys themselves, and then fudgewits like Sarah Beeney.

I'd love a go on those jugs though.

Sometimes when they say something, i pause it and try and guess which 70s or 80s pop classic will kick-in 2 secs later.......init great when you have time on your hands

Sometimes when they say something, i pause it and try and guess which 70s or 80s pop classic will kick-in 2 secs later.......init great when you have time on your hands

When I have time on my hands I end up occupying my hands... ahem ahem ;)

Anyone else an avid fan of Martin & Lucy? :D

Such a simple format for a show; find brickholes, find buyers for brickholes...see whether buyers make money or not - bingo!

I've got a very good eye for building, so I'm almost always there or thereabouts when it comes to the budget and timeframe. You can always tell the DIY bluffers who confidently claim they'll renovate their new purchase for ?ú5k and in only 4 weeks :ross: When you come back to them later, they're scratching their heads wondering why it took ?ú15k and 3mths :D

Then you get the ones who - 4yrs later - still have bags of sand and timber beams littered around their driveway; taken on much more than they could ever chew. Sometimes it's planning delays, but more often than not you can tell they just lost interest and enthusiasm in finishing off the project.

Best episode I've seen was a couple of chaps who made a ?ú380k profit after renovating some gaff in Chelsea; they added on a stunning extension with fully retractable glass doors right across the width of the property. One of them was a kitchen designer and you could tell from the finish that that cost at least ?ú50k itself.

Have 50 episodes on my Sky+ :ross:

Yes, always a good watch this programme. Martin is a local boy too, born in the same village as me, Stockton Heath. On one of the shows they were in the village, showing where one of the old DIY shops (Broadhursts), which I knew from my youth, had been converted into a wine bar.

His dress sense leaves alot to be desired but I am also a fan of the show, I find the amusing ones are those who 'buy blind' then realise they have ended up with a property that has subsidence, fire damage and squatters.

His dress sense leaves alot to be desired but I am also a fan of the show, I find the amusing ones are those who 'buy blind' then realise they have ended up with a property that has subsidence, fire damage and squatters.

And that happens quite a lot, absolutely amazes me that people do that

Back