• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Headphones

Cheers for the suggestions, like the Bose , the B&W are extortionate prices over here , over 500 dollars!

Anyone use the stennheiser ? For some reason I can get them at reasonable prices here.

Cheers for the suggestions, like the Bose , the B&W are extortionate prices over here , over 500 dollars!

Anyone use the stennheiser ? For some reason I can get them at reasonable prices here.
I've got some low level Sennheisers from a few years ago now (forget the model number, perhaps the original version of the HD202s). Bit bass heavy for my liking but solidly built, not noise cancelling either.

I've only ever had two pairs of headphones. Apart from the tat in-ear ones that always get binned.

A pair of Beyerdynamic DT311s. Cracking value for less than £50 when I bought them donkeys years ago. Still knocking around somewhere, although the cushioning on the headband has disintegrated!

Replaced those with a pair of Grado SR80i ones. Fantastic for the price - especially when bought at B&H Photo in NYC!

Neither were noise cancelling though. I had a pair of Sennheiser PXC250s as my noise cancelling ones that I used when flying. Broke the jack and never been bothered to get them repaired.

Can't really afford big money headphones. "Best" pair I ever owned were a set of Senheiser HD 450IIs which for some reason kept falling apart a bit too easily!

Currently have a couple of Sony in-ears, a foldable Senheiser PX100 and a pair of wireless Sony's for the PS3.

I'm due to be getting a set of Skullcandy Navigators as part of a promotional offer, any thoughts on those as budget headphones? Worth keeping, or cashing in on - think I'll only get about £35 for them tops.

I would suggest you road-test a pair of headphones called Motorheadphones, the 'Bomber' model…see if you can find a place to try them first and see if they suit your tastes…here's the amazon guff on them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorheadphones-Bomber-On-Ear-Headphones-In-Line/dp/B009IRG80M

I get mine from poundland. I then enjoy using them for a couple of days then throw them away once their broke.:lol:

Lost my ultimate ears superfi.5 pros which I LOVED.
Thinking about getting some over ear ones.
Between these two at the moment:
http://www.whathifi.com/review/psb-m4u2
http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k550

The AKG's on Amazon are about 120 quid cheaper than the PSB's. Not sure if the PSB's are worth the extra but they have a built in amplifier which could be great for using with my phone player.

Thoughts?

Back a while ago I told you I was looking into the above pairs. So I bought the PSB's eventually - have a look at reviews for them they're all top, I did A LOT of research before I bought.

They are absolutely incredible. The sound is so warm and clean and the amp on them just gives it that extra power. Cannot reccomend them enough. I tried the Bose ones and these blow them out the water for sound quality. The P5's are good, but these have a much richer sound.

Back