• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

He absolutely has and his quality is covering for Sissoko in particular's ineptitude. Take PEH him out of the team and the gruesome twosome are still exactly that.
Maybe
Maybe not
It’s all about opinions. Both sissoko and winks have weaknesses to their game but their both decent players too

Too lightweight, no vision, doesn't read the game, move on. (PEH- Compare and contrast)

I repeat my post from the previous page (with one typo corrected!).

"Its absurd to think that we could get someone better as a largely back-up CM who:
- is homegrown
- is committed to the club
- works hard
- seemingly has a great attitude and does the job the manager asks
- doesnt moan even when he's out of the first 11 for long spells"

I accept that my final point is partly wrong(!) but generally signing an English CM of the same sort of quality will cost a packet, and they might well want to know why they might get more first team time, whereas Winks who would be leaving around the same sort of time didn't.

Its good that he's unhappy not being in the team as it shows that he's ambitious. Given he's generally decent attitude, hopefully this will help him up his performances and get more game time

Will never put pressure on the first team. Not genuine competition for the first IX. Will be best if he moves on as he is a tidy little player.

Could thrive in Europe somewhere. Or a team like Southampton, West Ham etc

Like i have said previously, he is another Ryan Mason / Tom Carrol, people have a soft spot because he is one of our own. If he was foreign everyone would want rid.

Will never put pressure on the first team. Not genuine competition for the first IX. Will be best if he moves on as he is a tidy little player.

Could thrive in Europe somewhere. Or a team like Southampton, West Ham etc

Who do you think we could realistically sign as a back-up CM who is better and is also home-grown? I've no problem with us selling players, but even if we got £30m for Winks, I struggle to think of a HG player who is better, available for the cash and would join as a back-up

Who do you think we could realistically sign as a back-up CM who is better and is also home-grown? I've no problem with us selling players, but even if we got £30m for Winks, I struggle to think of a HG player who is better, available for the cash and would join as a back-up

James Ward Prowse.

Like i have said previously, he is another Ryan Mason / Tom Carrol, people have a soft spot because he is one of our own. If he was foreign everyone would want rid.

But the 'foreign' thing is quite a difference. We use a lot of our overseas spots on genuinely first choice players, which means we need homegrown squad players

Perhaps if you sell Winks and don't sign Vinicius, you could sign an English CF and foreign CF so you're net zero on foreign vs overseas, but I'm not sure how that doesnt cost us a packet

But the 'foreign' thing is quite a difference. We use a lot of our overseas spots on genuinely first choice players, which means we need homegrown squad players

Perhaps if you sell Winks and don't sign Vinicius, you could sign an English CF and foreign CF so you're net zero on foreign vs overseas, but I'm not sure how that doesnt cost us a packet

Winks is only a “back up” because he is not outperforming the people in front of him. He had opportunities at the beginning of the season and with sub cameos and he has not delivered. Fighters stay and fight.

James Ward Prowse.

Good player, but once market prices are back to normal, I'm not sure he's available for the same price as we'd get for Winks (absent some Levy magic!). And personally I think signing Vinicius permanently, plus a CB plus possibly a PEH v2 are more important uses of cash

Winks is only a “back up” because he is not outperforming the people in front of him. He had opportunities at the beginning of the season and with sub cameos and he has not delivered. Fighters stay and fight.

And he said: "It's important that I keep fighting and working as hard as I can to stay in the squad and to stay in the team."

Unless I missed something, he said the situation is difficult given the impact on England chances, but didnt say 'I want to leave'

Was a fan of him, but he’s not learning

IF (IF) he has said He wants to leave for minutes, let him.

We need a squad of players wanting to fight for their places

Was a fan of him, but he’s not learning

IF (IF) he has said He wants to leave for minutes, let him.

We need a squad of players wanting to fight for their places
Maybe, just MAYBE, spending time alongside PEH (more than he has had) will improve him as a player. Strange things have happened. Or we could just write him off as he's obviously useless.

Maybe, just MAYBE, spending time alongside PEH (more than he has had) will improve him as a player. Strange things have happened. Or we could just write him off as he's obviously useless.

Didn’t say he was useless

He has the skills, but he’s fair to timid and if he wants to leave instead fighting so be it.

It’s the soft under belly we’ve seen for years.

Didn’t say he was useless

He has the skills, but he’s fair to timid and if he wants to leave instead fighting so be it.

It’s the soft under belly we’ve seen for years.
I sit, slouched and corrected. But many on here (not you) think he's useless. Not you.

I repeat my post from the previous page (with one typo corrected!).

"Its absurd to think that we could get someone better as a largely back-up CM who:
- is homegrown
- is committed to the club
- works hard
- seemingly has a great attitude and does the job the manager asks
- doesnt moan even when he's out of the first 11 for long spells"

I accept that my final point is partly wrong(!) but generally signing an English CM of the same sort of quality will cost a packet, and they might well want to know why they might get more first team time, whereas Winks who would be leaving around the same sort of time didn't.

Its good that he's unhappy not being in the team as it shows that he's ambitious. Given he's generally decent attitude, hopefully this will help him up his performances and get more game time

Nice kid but not a brilliant footballer. More of a Mason than a Bentaleb

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back